Windows 10: How do I regain my privacy and use ShutUp 10 ?

Discus and support How do I regain my privacy and use ShutUp 10 ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I want to disable all crap telemetry in Windows 10 including: Windows 10 Keylogger, Cortana, adds and unecessary apps from the start menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Green_Carnage, May 4, 2020.

1. How do I regain my privacy and use ShutUp 10 ?

Hi,

I want to disable all crap telemetry in Windows 10 including:

1. Windows 10 Keylogger, Cortana, adds and unecessary apps from the start menu
    2. Disable\prevent Microsoft from accessing my files stored locally on my PC to prevent them accessing my confidential files
    3. Which additional settings do you recommend on disabling ?

I think that O&O ShutUp 10 does a pretty good job with it, more or less but is there a way to re-apply the set settings from ShutUp 10 after each update install automatically instead of having to manually run it every time after update ?

Also, what I'm confused about is with the red/green slider, which one does what ? I still don't know. Does a Red or Green one disables a specific settings on the presented list ? Also, some settings specify that they are disable but a green slider is on (?).

Does WPD is better than ShutUp 10 ? I have noticed that it also have ability to block Windows Telemetry by IP Addresses so it doesn't send any data to Microsoft.

Thanks

submitted by /u/Green_Carnage
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Green_Carnage, May 4, 2020
  2. ARC1020 Win User

Windows 10 - How-to Regain Your Privacy

Agreed. Microsoft should have included a one-button toggle where users can make the features that impact privacy default to opt-in, not opt-out. And not make things that do have privacy implications (like Cortana) so integrated into the system where removing it is difficult.

As it stands, those who do care about privacy and data collecting have to wade through privacy policies and settings in order to try and figure out what data is or isn't being data collected and how it impacts their right to privacy. And even after doing all that, they still can't be certain they've found all necessary settings. People have paid for Windows, they shouldn't have to be concerned about whether or not they can trust their Operating System.

Do you mean like the settings shown at 4:57 in the vid?:

How do I regain my privacy and use ShutUp 10 ? [​IMG]

ARC1020, May 4, 2020
  3. torre Win User
    torre, May 4, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

How do I regain my privacy and use ShutUp 10 ?

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, May 4, 2020
Thema:

How do I regain my privacy and use ShutUp 10 ?

1. How do I regain my privacy and use ShutUp 10 ? - Similar Threads - regain privacy ShutUp

2. How do I regain my digital licence for Windows 10 pro after a company used a Volume...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I regain my digital licence for Windows 10 pro after a company used a Volume...: How do I regain my digital licence for Windows 10 pro after a company used a Volume licence after a change of hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-regain-my-digital-licence-for-windows-10/e8bcc305-ea82-4170-90ab-103b22493fc8
  3. How do I regain my digital licence for Windows 10 pro after a company used a Volume...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I regain my digital licence for Windows 10 pro after a company used a Volume...: How do I regain my digital licence for Windows 10 pro after a company used a Volume licence after a change of hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-regain-my-digital-licence-for-windows-10/e8bcc305-ea82-4170-90ab-103b22493fc8
  4. How do I regain my digital licence for Windows 10 pro after a company used a Volume...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I regain audio on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I regain audio on my laptop?: Dear reader, I have a Windows 10 laptop which has been having some major audio issues. First, some background. This laptop was a replacement laptop given by the company after I used their 30 day free return warranty. As with the first model, after a few days, Windows settings...
  6. Lost sound. How do I regain sound?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost sound. How do I regain sound?: Lost sound. Control Panel indicates that speakers are not enabled. Tried to enable but system will not respond https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound-how-do-i-regain-sound/a470c6e9-4b01-4c6a-9e9a-764a5f86a8f4
  7. How do I regain control over my computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I regain control over my computer?: Every time I boot up, Windows tries to access bing.com. Why? I don't know. Then Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant (wlidsvc) tries to log me in to login.live.com (I do not use nor want to use a Microsoft account). Then it tries to log me into Windows Insider Service, which I...
  8. How to use O&O ShutUp 10 / Alternative program ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to use O&O ShutUp 10 / Alternative program ?: Hi, I want to disable all crap telemetry in Windows 10 including: 1) Windows 10 Keylogger, Cortana, adds and unecessary apps from the start menu 2) Disable\prevent Microsoft from accessing my files stored locally on my PC to prevent them accessing my confidential files...
  9. How do I regain administrator status on my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I regain administrator status on my PC: About two weeks ago I selected one HP printer and the other HP printer ran the job. Weird? Then, I wanted to scan a document to make a PDF file, and could not launch the scanner app for my HP laserjet 281 fwd printer. When I tried to diagnose the problem, my printer 281...
  10. Windows 10 - How-to Regain Your Privacy

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - How-to Regain Your Privacy: rczgCmoNSSE 24344