Windows 10: How Do I regain Properties and access to my Local disk C:?

Discus and support How Do I regain Properties and access to my Local disk C:? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I accidentally deleted my local disk security properties when I was trying to figure out a way to fix Uk logs DAT file eating up my storage and ended... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Paul T_1, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Paul T_1 Win User

How Do I regain Properties and access to my Local disk C:?

I accidentally deleted my local disk security properties when I was trying to figure out a way to fix Uk logs DAT file eating up my storage and ended up losing access to the drive. I tried trying to reset my laptop in order to regain access but it didn't work. I searched up ways of gaining access but each attempt ended in failure. Even when I go into the properties and and try to change the owner or when I click continue, the process freezes and after a while, it pops up saying Access Denied. Any tips or ways I can either reset or regain access? Also none of my recovery options are working.How Do I regain Properties and access to my Local disk C:? [​IMG] How Do I regain Properties and access to my Local disk C:? 0003b98b-2db3-4f2b-b205-603437c6e3dd?upload=true.png

:)

Paul T_1, Aug 25, 2020

2. Local Disk C: Access Denied

Julius JRLapidez, Aug 25, 2020
  3. Unable to access Local Disks (CHow Do I regain Properties and access to my Local disk C:? :), (DHow Do I regain Properties and access to my Local disk C:? :), and any programs inside those

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with privileges to access the local account, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Please be informed us the troubleshooting steps you have already tried.

This issue might be due to some error in system settings.

If you have not yet tried the below steps, I suggest you to perform and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to log out from the current user account, restart the computer and log-in with the administrator account and check if you are able to access the local drivers.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode, try to log-in with administrator account and check if the issue persists.

Try the above steps and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 25, 2020
  4. How Do I regain Properties and access to my Local disk C:?

Recovering Local Disk

Thank you for your quick response.

It could be a compatibility issue with the latest update and your local disk. We suggest updating your disk driver. Follow these steps:

• On the Start, type Device Manager.
    • Locate and select Disk drives.
    • Right-click on your disk drive, select Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and choose Update Driver.
    • Once done, click OK.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

How Do I regain Properties and access to my Local disk C:?

1. How Do I regain Properties and access to my Local disk C:? - Similar Threads - regain Properties access

2. How to regain access to my files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to regain access to my files?: HP Sure Sense is tagging my files as malware and preventing me access from them, I can in no way find a way to re-access them. When I try to uninstall HP Sure Sense by removing 'HP Sure Sense Installer' as HP suggests doing on their support page, it displays the following...
  3. How to regain access to my files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to regain access to my files?: HP Sure Sense is tagging my files as malware and preventing me access from them, I can in no way find a way to re-access them. When I try to uninstall HP Sure Sense by removing 'HP Sure Sense Installer' as HP suggests doing on their support page, it displays the following...
  4. How to regain access to my files?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Local Disk C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Disk C: So I downloaded Yuzu yesterday and was trying to play a game. It ended up not working so I went to delete the application. It turns out I accidently used 100 gigabytes. It was because I kept downloading the same game 9 times onto the Yuzu emulator. I deleted Yuzu and the...
  6. Local Disk C

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Local Disk C: I could not extend my Local Disk C https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-c/3fdefca0-8100-44ef-824d-0564cef61e92
  7. local disk C

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    local disk C: Hi, After reinstalled Windows 10 in the desktop, the Local Disk C: goes to the SSD 32GB. It is full as only 29 GB. At the same time, there is a Windows F: appears in the HHD 2TB with 1.8TB volume, mainly empty files. Due to no volume in the Local Disk C, I cannot...
  8. Access denied to Local disk C

Access denied to Local disk C: Hi i changed my security setting to me local disk C , and now it does not open , i am the administrator , i tried to change security setting again but my access is denied , my access is denied to all the setting , i turned on the safe mood , and opened the built-in admin...
  9. I have Lost access to C:\ Drive. How can I regain the access?

I have Lost access to C:\ Drive. How can I regain the access?: Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is displayed Is there a way to regain access to the drive? [ATTACH]...
  10. Unable to Access Local Disks (C:) and (D:)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Access Local Disks (C:) and (D:): I am currently unable to access my Local Disks, or open programs inside them, such as the task manager, user account control, and even the registry editor. Attempting to open anything (With administrator priveleges) just result in an access denied message. I have tried...