Windows 10: How do i reinstal the biometric device driver

Discus and support How do i reinstal the biometric device driver in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I got the following error on my surface pro 5th gen "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LisaPritchard, Aug 24, 2019.

1. How do i reinstal the biometric device driver

I got the following error on my surface pro 5th gen "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

- the Hello facial recognition function wouldn't work - I got a message that the Hello couldn't find a camera compatible with the windows hello face.

So I uninstalled the driver thinking it would easy to reinstall but apparently not - any suggestions?

:)

LisaPritchard, Aug 24, 2019

2. biometric devices

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Enable Biometric option.

I suggest you to enable the Biometrics to pick up the Biometrics setting. This option shall be enable by default. However, I recommend you to follow the steps provided below and check if it enable or not.

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press
      Enter
      key.
    • Under Computer Configuration, navigate to.
    Administrative Templates Windows Components Biometrics

In the left hand panel of the Windows, double click on the following:

• Allow the use of biometrics
    • Allow users to log on using biometrics
    Select enable option and click on Apply and
    OK button.

Now, restart your computer and follow the instructions provided below.

After restarting the computer, I suggest you to disconnect and reconnect the fingerprint sensor device and check if the drivers are getting detected in Device Manager. If the issue still persist, follow method 2.

Method 2: Reinstall drivers and compatibility mode.

I suggest you to download and install the latest drives for fingerprint sensor device from the manufacture’s website and check if it gets detected.

If the issue still persist, you may also install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

After installing the drivers in compatibility mode, follow the method 3 and check if you are able to get the sign in option with Biometric.

Method 3:

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Go to Sign in options.
    • The fingerprint option will always be visible if there is a WBF-supported fingerprint reader (and its associated driver) installed on the computer.

For more information, refer the following Microsoft help article.

Biometric Devices

Biometric Devices (Windows Drivers)

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 24, 2019
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    i need a biometric driver that can work on windows 7

Hi jasope,

Feel free to check out this link for steps on how to automatically get recommended
    drivers and updates for your hardware. Just make sure that your Biometric devices are connected properly before doing these troubleshooting steps.

If the auto update fails, I suggest reaching out to the Biometrics device support website to get assistance in downloading the proper driver.

All the best.

Mark Isi, Aug 24, 2019
  4. How do i reinstal the biometric device driver

biometric devices

I cannot find anything on my computer under biometric devices- it is not listed in device manager. The driver is completely missing.

I recently upgraded from window 8.1 to windows 10- i cannot find the option to sign in with fingerprint. Can someone help me with this?

Can I download this device?

MiriamCarey, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

How do i reinstal the biometric device driver

1. How do i reinstal the biometric device driver - Similar Threads - reinstal biometric device

2. fingerprint driver not listed as biometric devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fingerprint driver not listed as biometric devices: i reinstalled windows from a USB stickclean install then windows there are no fingerprint device in my laptop but before reinstalation it was working fine....
  3. fingerprint driver not listed as biometric devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fingerprint driver not listed as biometric devices: i reinstalled windows from a USB stickclean install then windows there are no fingerprint device in my laptop but before reinstalation it was working fine....
  4. Biometric Devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Biometric Devices: I cannot get fingerprint and facial recognition to work. They are both unavailable under sign in options. I opened device manager and Biometric devices are hidden. How do I unhid them? I have checked for updates and uninstalled drivers and reinstalled them, but the problem...
  5. Biometric Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Biometric Devices: I cannot get fingerprint and facial recognition to work. They are both unavailable under sign in options. I opened device manager and Biometric devices are hidden. How do I unhid them? I have checked for updates and uninstalled drivers and reinstalled them, but the problem...
  6. No biometric devices?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No biometric devices?: since the last update my fingerprint sensor is nowhere to be found help? submitted by /u/SPARKY358gaming [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/laxskp/no_biometric_devices/
  7. How to install Biometrics driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to install Biometrics driver?: Hey, I uninstalled my biometrics driver in the process of troubleshooting. Now I don't know to reinstall it. I tried update my windows to install driver automatically, but nothing new added. Please help me figure it out....
  8. how do i reinstall drivers

how do i reinstall drivers: I uninstalled drivers a long time ago because I didn't know what they were and now I have a new printer and to update drivers I don't have? HELP For a computer dummy! * Moved from Community Participation Center...
  9. Need biometric device driver for Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Need biometric device driver for Windows 10: I stupidly deleted the Biometric device driver and now, of course, the Windows sign-in options tells me that Windows Hello is not available on this computer. I've tried rebooting which didn't help. The Device Manager doesn't show any Biometric heading, which it did before I...
  10. Biometric devices

Biometric devices: I have read all kinds of neat techie things about the new facial recognition and iris screening capabilities of Windows 10, but when I run a search on either illuminated IR iris sensor or Intel RealSense 3D all I get are articles discussing same whether in Bing or Google, yet...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to reinstall biometric driver

2. biometric device manager

3. i uninstalled biometric driver. how do i re install it

4. biometric device driver,
  5. microsoft howto reinstall biometric for windows 10,
  6. biometric devices windows 10,
  7. no biometric in surface laptop,
  8. biometric firmeware back on my surface device ,
  9. reinstalling Biometric devices,
  10. install biometric devices,
  11. reinstall biometrics LENOVO,