Windows 10: How do I reinstall a previously uninstalled driver?

Discus and support How do I reinstall a previously uninstalled driver? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was forced to uninstall the Lenovo power management driver from my laptop because it was giving me blue screens (I believe it used to happen when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ricecrispies, Oct 10, 2015.

1. How do I reinstall a previously uninstalled driver?

I was forced to uninstall the Lenovo power management driver from my laptop because it was giving me blue screens (I believe it used to happen when the display was meant to go to sleep). This means that I now have no power management and the fan goes full blast all the time. Therefore I want to reinstall the driver to see if I can find a workaround to the crashing while keeping the fan a bit quieter. How do I do this? Windows Update can't see that it is missing and Lenovo don't have a download for it, presumably because Windows is supposed to handle installing the driver automatically. Unfortunately I have got no reply to my post about this on the Lenovo forum.

:)

ricecrispies, Oct 10, 2015

2. How do I reinstall uninstalled apps?

My laptop was running slow so i deleted some apps, after that my statcrunch hasn't been working. is there any way i can retrieve my uninstalled apps? I'm not sure witch app i deleted that caused the problem, but statcrunch was working before i deleted
    a few apps.

Moved from: Microsoft Education / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

marinamendiola, Oct 10, 2015
  3. matthewbungato, Oct 10, 2015
  4. 1nitram2 Win User
  5. Thanks for looking, but that's the wrong driver. I've got a Thinkpad R61i.

But if other Windows 10 drivers are available on the Lenovo web site, does this mean that there simply isn't a driver for my machine, that my power management driver was inherited from the previous Windows 7 installation and is perhaps not necessary? Is there another way to reduce the fan noise a bit (apart from reducing the CPU load which doesn't seem to be excessive in this case)?

6. badcat Win User
    Excessive fan noise and running hot caused me to roll back from Windows 10 to Windows 7 on my wife's HP laptop. I tried everything and nothing helped. Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, uninstalled Adobe Flash (which was a major offender) and searched the web for solutions and came up empty. Nothing cooled it down so the fans just kept cranking.

Rolling back proved to be it's own little disaster as the restored Windows 7 wouldn't connect to the internet, wouldn't print, Office required reactivation plus a bunch of other minor headaches. I don't understand what happened because my network remained intact and none of my other machines had issues. I got it fixed eventually, but it was a pain.

I have given up on the laptop and canceled my upgrade for it. 10 is running fine on another laptop so installing it may have to be on a machine by machine basis to see if it works or not.

badcat, Oct 10, 2015
  7. 1nitram2 Win User
    1nitram2, Oct 10, 2015
  8. badcat Win User

How do I reinstall a previously uninstalled driver?

You can also try right clicking the object and selecting "scan for hardware changes" to see if it will reinstall the missing driver.

badcat, Oct 10, 2015
  9. lx07 Win User
    You don't need the Lenovo power manager driver. Thinkpad Fan Controller (tpfancontrol) download | SourceForge.net is good for controlling your fan if it is noisy. (Opposite to you I use it to run fan full speed all the time as I've blown the temp sensors on my X201).

10. It says at the download page that this is for T4x machines only. Have you got it working on a machine from another series?

11. lx07 Win User
    I have it installed on X201 and it works fine.

According to here it has also been tested on your model (R61i) How to control fan speed - ThinkWiki

This site ( TPFanControl ) looks a better place to download it btw as it has latest version 0.62 which I'm using (and also has some FAQ etc). Seems sourceforge hasn't been updated

12. Yes, your right. TPFanControl works on my machine. I'm running it now. Thanks very much for your help!

ricecrispies, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I reinstall a previously uninstalled driver?

1. How do I reinstall a previously uninstalled driver? - Similar Threads - reinstall previously uninstalled

2. How to reinstall a previously uninstalled KB?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall a previously uninstalled KB?: Windows 10 Home 64bit italianI accidentally uninstalled KB5034441Now it doesn't show up anymore in the available updates; on the contrary it is still present in the cronology see screenshots belowWhat steps should I do to reinstall it = to force the reinstallation?...
  3. How to reinstall a previously uninstalled KB?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall a previously uninstalled KB?: Windows 10 Home 64bit italianI accidentally uninstalled KB5034441Now it doesn't show up anymore in the available updates; on the contrary it is still present in the cronology see screenshots belowWhat steps should I do to reinstall it = to force the reinstallation?...
  4. How to reinstall a previously uninstalled KB?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I uninstalled my usb drivers, how do I reinstall them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstalled my usb drivers, how do I reinstall them?: my usb ports just stopped working so I uninstalled them and now I don't know how to get them back. please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-uninstalled-my-usb-drivers-how-do-i-reinstall/3acf219a-74f1-4339-a503-f327f58a2827
  6. I uninstalled my usb drivers, how do I reinstall them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I uninstalled my usb drivers, how do I reinstall them?: my usb ports just stopped working so I uninstalled them and now I don't know how to get them back. please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-uninstalled-my-usb-drivers-how-do-i-reinstall/3acf219a-74f1-4339-a503-f327f58a2827
  7. How to reinstall uninstalled unknown drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to reinstall uninstalled unknown drivers: I opened my device manager to fix something concerning PnP, and I saw that there was an unknown driver. I looked online and it said somewhere that you should uninstall it, and when you restart your pc it'll reinstall. This did not happen, and I don't know how to get said...
  8. Driver uninstalled, how to reinstall

Driver uninstalled, how to reinstall: Hey, so since this morning my camera had stopped working when I tried to check the antivirus, etc., and nothing worked, and so I followed a step by uninstalling my driver and now my camera driver is gone from the device manager, how can I reinstall the driver?...
  9. How can I reinstall the tap driver. I uninstalled it, but can't do a reinstall.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I reinstall the tap driver. I uninstalled it, but can't do a reinstall.: After uninstall the tap driver from the device manager, I don't see the reinstall app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-reinstall-the-tap-driver-i-uninstalled/36140a04-497a-40c6-9103-d3905e947f8e
  10. How do i reinstall my uninstalled audio driver

How do i reinstall my uninstalled audio driver: So i just uninstalled my audio driver in device manager because i have problem, then i restarted my pc, when i go to device manager and scan for hardware changes, my driver doesnt go back, my audio driver is Conexant btw[ATTACH]...