Windows 10: How do I reinstall a USB C port driver on Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I reinstall a USB C port driver on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; One of my USB C ports was not working. I tried updating drivers, restart, etc I uninstalled the USB C that was not working and now it does not appear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AlissaNourse, Jan 19, 2023.

1. How do I reinstall a USB C port driver on Windows 10?

One of my USB C ports was not working. I tried updating drivers, restart, etc I uninstalled the USB C that was not working and now it does not appear in the device manager. How do I reinstall? Operating HP laptop on Windows 10. I'm not super adept at this so make it simple - please.Thanks

:)

AlissaNourse, Jan 19, 2023
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

How do I reinstall a USB C port driver on Windows 10? 47717d1485959446t-usb-port-oddities-replace-usb-drivers-step-1.jpg

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

How do I reinstall a USB C port driver on Windows 10? 47718d1485959446t-usb-port-oddities-replace-usb-drivers-step-2.jpg

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

How do I reinstall a USB C port driver on Windows 10? 47719d1485959446t-usb-port-oddities-replace-usb-drivers-step-3.jpg

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

How do I reinstall a USB C port driver on Windows 10? 47720d1485959446t-usb-port-oddities-replace-usb-drivers-step-4.jpg

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Jan 19, 2023
  3. Mala_S Win User
    USB ports not working in Windows 10

Hello ruthives,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the below questions.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. Do you read any error message when you connect the device to the USB port?
    3. Are you facing this issue with any particular USB port or with all the USB ports?
    4. Since when are you facing this issue?

Your device is kept up to date with the latest features by automatically installing the updates in Windows 10. To narrow down the issue, let's go ahead and follow the below methods and see if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to follow the steps to diagnose and repair the USB ports from the article -

Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems.

Method 2: Update USB controllers.

• Right click on the Start menu and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Narrow down to Universal Serial Bus controllers and update all the USB drivers.
    • To update the drivers, right click on the each driver and select Update driver.
    • If that doesn't resolve the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall all the USB drivers from the device manager.
    • Reboot the PC and it will automatically pick for the latest drivers for your PC.

If the issue persists, download and install the latest USB drivers available for your PC build from the
    manufacturer's website and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jan 19, 2023
  4. Mala_S Win User

How do I reinstall a USB C port driver on Windows 10?

USB ports not working in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following questions:

1. What is the make and model of your computer?
    2. Do you see any error in the device manager when the USB is connected?

Before we troubleshoot on the issue, I would suggest you to check if the USB devices work on a different computer. If it does, kindly try the steps listed below and see if it works.

Method 1: I would suggest you to follow the steps to diagnose and repair the USB ports from the article -
    Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems.

Method 2: Update USB controllers.

• Right click on the Start menu and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Narrow down to Universal Serial Bus controllers and update all the USB drivers.
    • To update the drivers, right click on the each driver and select
      Update driver
    • If that doesn't resolve the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall all the USB drivers from the Device Manager.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB root hubs that you uninstalled.

Method 3: Disable Selective Suspend feature.

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose ‘Power Options’. Click
      ‘Change Plan Setting’ on your current plan.
    • Choose ‘Change Advanced Power Setting’ on the chosen plan.
    • Disable ‘USB Selective Suspend Setting’ under
      ‘USB Settings’

If the issue persists, identify if the USB drive is listed in Disk Management. To do that,

• Right-click on Windows icon and select Disk management and find if the USB drive shows up there.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jan 19, 2023
Thema:

How do I reinstall a USB C port driver on Windows 10?

1. How do I reinstall a USB C port driver on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - reinstall USB port

2. How do I check my USB-C port for faults/defects?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I check my USB-C port for faults/defects?: My new iPad Mini 6 up to date won't sync to iTunes through the provided USB-C but it will charge...usually.The cable charges fine through an outlet and provided charge "block", so I wanted to check my USB-C for faults.Is there a way to have Windows 11 22H2 run a hardware test...
  3. How do I check my USB-C port for faults/defects?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I check my USB-C port for faults/defects?: My new iPad Mini 6 up to date won't sync to iTunes through the provided USB-C but it will charge...usually.The cable charges fine through an outlet and provided charge "block", so I wanted to check my USB-C for faults.Is there a way to have Windows 11 22H2 run a hardware test...
  4. How do I reinstall a USB C port driver on Windows 10?

How do I reinstall a USB C port driver on Windows 10?: One of my USB C ports was not working. I tried updating drivers, restart, etc I uninstalled the USB C that was not working and now it does not appear in the device manager. How do I reinstall? Operating HP laptop on Windows 10. I'm not super adept at this so make it simple -...
  5. How do I reinstall a USB C port driver on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I reinstall a USB C port driver on Windows 10?: One of my USB C ports was not working. I tried updating drivers, restart, etc I uninstalled the USB C that was not working and now it does not appear in the device manager. How do I reinstall? Operating HP laptop on Windows 10. I'm not super adept at this so make it simple -...
  6. How do i reinstall usb port drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i reinstall usb port drivers: i was trying to fix a problem with my controllers my PC thought they were speakers and so i thought uninstalling port drivers would help but idk how to reinstall them...
  7. How do i reinstall usb port drivers

How do i reinstall usb port drivers: i was trying to fix a problem with my controllers my PC thought they were speakers and so i thought uninstalling port drivers would help but idk how to reinstall them...
  8. How do i reinstall usb port drivers

9. USB C port

USB C port: hello i bought a usb c hub when i plug it in it says that the last usb device was not recognized . in the device manger it says port reset error and there is a yellow warning triangle. what can i do to get this hub to be recognized.[ATTACH] thank you...
  10. USB C Port

USB C Port: I have a USB C port on the back of my desktop and I need to be able to transfer data through it, but it only seems to charge. Is this a windows 10 error or will I just have to buy an adapter to plug my cable into the front?...