Windows 10: How do I reinstall Microsoft as I was contacted by a scammer and need to put a clean copy...

Discus and support How do I reinstall Microsoft as I was contacted by a scammer and need to put a clean copy... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was contacted by a scammer after my computer stopped working and sent me messages that I needed to call Microsoft about a malware problem. I read... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JoanStandora, Jan 17, 2020.

1. How do I reinstall Microsoft as I was contacted by a scammer and need to put a clean copy...

I was contacted by a scammer after my computer stopped working and sent me messages that I needed to call Microsoft about a malware problem. I read suggestions on your help page about getting rid of this Microsoft program and re-installing a "clean" one. Is that something I can do myself and is that a good idea?

:)

JoanStandora, Jan 17, 2020
  2. Borg 386 Win User

Beware this fake Windows BSOD from tech support scammers' malware

Microsoft: Beware this fake Windows BSOD from tech support scammers' malware | ZDNet

How do I reinstall Microsoft as I was contacted by a scammer  and need to put a clean copy... [​IMG]

Borg 386, Jan 17, 2020
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Jan 17, 2020
  4. How do I reinstall Microsoft as I was contacted by a scammer and need to put a clean copy...

No More Clean-Installs for Vista Upgrades

When users were upgrading to Windows XP, the procedure was that users could simply insert their old Windows 98 or Windows 2000 CD at the appropriate time during a clean install without the need for the old OS to be installed at the time. However, Microsoft has decided to change this for Vista, and now requires a fully installed and activated version of your old OS already on the machine. This comes as an attempt to prevent illegal use of upgrade CDs, but could be inconvenient and time consuming when the time comes to reinstall. The new procedure for a reinstall is as follows:
    • Install your old copy of Windows XP
    • Activate it either online or over the phone
    • Install Vista
    Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

How do I reinstall Microsoft as I was contacted by a scammer and need to put a clean copy...

1. How do I reinstall Microsoft as I was contacted by a scammer and need to put a clean copy... - Similar Threads - reinstall Microsoft was

2. How do I contact a person at Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I contact a person at Microsoft?: I sent payment to Microsoft to renew my 365 only to realise it hasn't ended yet. Clearly this was a scam. My bank wont refund me until I have contacted Microsoft but I can't. I am going round in circles trying to speak to a human and none of the automated options are...
  3. How do I contact a person at Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I contact a person at Microsoft?: I sent payment to Microsoft to renew my 365 only to realise it hasn't ended yet. Clearly this was a scam. My bank wont refund me until I have contacted Microsoft but I can't. I am going round in circles trying to speak to a human and none of the automated options are...
  4. How do I contact a person at Microsoft?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How do I contact Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I contact Microsoft?: How on earth can I call Microsoft to speak to a human being about troubleshooting an issue?This should be straight forward, but in typical Microsoft fashion, it isn't.I cannot locate a phone number for technical support.I do not want to talk to a live agent over the internet...
  6. How do I contact Microsoft?

How do I contact Microsoft?: How on earth can I call Microsoft to speak to a human being about troubleshooting an issue?This should be straight forward, but in typical Microsoft fashion, it isn't.I cannot locate a phone number for technical support.I do not want to talk to a live agent over the internet...
  7. How do I contact Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. I need to reinstall 10. How do I copy the updates I have and copy them to a flash drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need to reinstall 10. How do I copy the updates I have and copy them to a flash drive?: I'm on a metered connection using my phone. So I'd rather not waste time downloading updates again. submitted by /u/ezzep [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0cy2j/i_need_to_reinstall_10_how_do_i_copy_the_updates/
  9. How do I copy Windows people into outlook contacts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I copy Windows people into outlook contacts: Just started using Outlook for my emails and wish to copy contacts from Windows People into Outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-copy-windows-people-into-outlook-contacts/5617e76c-1946-4baa-8026-34f04eff8282
  10. How do I contact Microsoft themselves?

How do I contact Microsoft themselves?: Does anyone have an email address for Microsoft themselves or for Windows 10 uninstall information? And when Uninstalling Windows will this also remove OneDrive and Xbox? And If I uninstall Windows 10, can I install Windows XP? And does Windows XP have WFI and Blue tooth...