Windows 10: How do I reinstall Minecraft after wiping my PC?

Discus and support How do I reinstall Minecraft after wiping my PC? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Just wiped my PC and re-installed a fresh Win10 Pro. Now I'm having a devil of a time trying to reinstall Minecraft. I wind up at the Windows Store,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GamerGalInSeattle, Aug 10, 2020.

1. How do I reinstall Minecraft after wiping my PC?

Just wiped my PC and re-installed a fresh Win10 Pro. Now I'm having a devil of a time trying to reinstall Minecraft. I wind up at the Windows Store, and am correctly told that I already own it. When I hit the Install button, I'm told I don't have any devices registered. But if I access my Microsoft account, it shows this PC as a device.

I keep going into a loop that acknowledges I own the game, but won't let me install it. Can someone please help me figure this out before I pull my hair out lol?

Thanks!

:)

GamerGalInSeattle, Aug 10, 2020
  2. Barman58 Win User

Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Minecraft dungeons

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to login to Minecraft Dungeons on your PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 Version and Build installed? (Type winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you signing in with the same Microsoft Account, you used at the time of purchase?
    • What is the complete error message are you receiving while login?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if the issue persists.

Step 1: Reset the app.

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & feature
      from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and look for the Minecraft app.
    4. Select the app and click on Advanced option.
    5. Click on Reset and once you see a tick mark, then relaunch and check.

Step 2: Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

We would suggest you to refer the steps as mentioned in this article:
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 10, 2020
  4. How do I reinstall Minecraft after wiping my PC?

Unable to open Minecraft

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you using Minecraft app downloaded from Store or Minecraft program?
    • Do you receive any error?
    I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Minecraft and check if that fixes the issue.

Also try to download and install the display and chipset drivers from the manufacturer website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

How do I reinstall Minecraft after wiping my PC?

1. How do I reinstall Minecraft after wiping my PC? - Similar Threads - reinstall Minecraft wiping

2. How do I reinstall Minecraft on a new PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall Minecraft on a new PC?: Bought a new PC, installed Win 11, and trying to understand how to install my previously purchased Mindecraft Bedrock+Java software. I can locate my order on the Microsoft Store, but there is no option to download or install the software that I can see. What am I missing?...
  3. How do I reinstall Minecraft on a new PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reinstall Minecraft on a new PC?: Bought a new PC, installed Win 11, and trying to understand how to install my previously purchased Mindecraft Bedrock+Java software. I can locate my order on the Microsoft Store, but there is no option to download or install the software that I can see. What am I missing?...
  4. i wiped my pc and my minecraft worlds are nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i wiped my pc and my minecraft worlds are nowhere: basically my pc was wiped and i’ve lost all my minecraft java and bedrock worlds and i can’t find them or get them back please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-wiped-my-pc-and-my-minecraft-worlds-are-nowhere/31f6491a-c156-44d1-83d2-5e1b935e022d
  5. i wiped my pc and my minecraft worlds are nowhere

i wiped my pc and my minecraft worlds are nowhere: basically my pc was wiped and i’ve lost all my minecraft java and bedrock worlds and i can’t find them or get them back please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-wiped-my-pc-and-my-minecraft-worlds-are-nowhere/31f6491a-c156-44d1-83d2-5e1b935e022d
  6. Will Windows reinstall after a PC-wipe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Windows reinstall after a PC-wipe?: I'm looking to wipe/ refresh my PC - been experiencing BSOD and some performance issues. I will not be swapping any hardware, just refreshing, but am curious if Windows will reinstall. I checked Settings > Updates & Security, and do see it digitally linked to my account. Can...
  7. Will Windows reinstall after a PC-wipe?

Will Windows reinstall after a PC-wipe?: I'm looking to wipe/ refresh my PC - been experiencing BSOD and some performance issues. I will not be swapping any hardware, just refreshing, but am curious if Windows will reinstall. I checked Settings > Updates & Security, and do see it digitally linked to my account. Can...
  8. Will Windows reinstall after a PC-wipe?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How do i wipe my pc without settings?

How do i wipe my pc without settings?: My taskbar isn’t working and my apps aren’t opening does anyone kniw how i can wipe my pc without entering any apps My start and windows aren’t working so nothing can open atm...
  10. minecraft dungeons pc save file wiped after reinstaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minecraft dungeons pc save file wiped after reinstaling: Yesterday I spend about all day going from the start of the game finding the secrets and getting the best gear I could and then downloaded one of the dlc's I completed that then closed the game, powered my pc off and went to sleep. when I got up in the morning I went back to...