Windows 10: How do I reinstall my sound driver that got deleted on windows 10

Discus and support How do I reinstall my sound driver that got deleted on windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I somehow deleted my sound system and need to reinstall it. How do I do that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Allan Barbour, Nov 29, 2022.

1. How do I reinstall my sound driver that got deleted on windows 10

I somehow deleted my sound system and need to reinstall it. How do I do that?

:)

Allan Barbour, Nov 29, 2022

2. Sound doesn't work - but driver won't reinstall

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, I would suggest you to go to the device manager and check if the sound drivers are installed. If installed please update the drivers and check.

Step 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Device Manager, expand “sound, video and game controllers”
      and check if any sound drivers are installed.

• If yes, right click on the driver and hit update.
    Or else go the manufacturer website and install the latest driver.

Step 2: Also run hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

• Click on Troubleshooting tab.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

• Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Nov 29, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Sound Problem

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1

Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2

I suggest you to try updating the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the sound driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers’.
    • Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Method 3: Uninstall and reinstall the Sound driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right-click on the Audio devices listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and sound drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Nov 29, 2022
  4. How do I reinstall my sound driver that got deleted on windows 10

Reinstalled Windows 10 and speaker sound quality poor

Hello Ellie,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

I request you to try the below methods:

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Nov 29, 2022
Thema:

How do I reinstall my sound driver that got deleted on windows 10

1. How do I reinstall my sound driver that got deleted on windows 10 - Similar Threads - reinstall sound driver

2. How do i reinstall drivers for my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i reinstall drivers for my laptop?: My laptop has frequently been crashing and bluescreening for the past 2 years since i got it, some examples of the errors are "IRQL_not_less_or_equal" and "driver power state failure", how do i reinstall the laptops drivers? Does reinstalling drivers affect anything stored on...
  3. How do i reinstall drivers for my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i reinstall drivers for my laptop?: My laptop has frequently been crashing and bluescreening for the past 2 years since i got it, some examples of the errors are "IRQL_not_less_or_equal" and "driver power state failure", how do i reinstall the laptops drivers? Does reinstalling drivers affect anything stored on...
  4. How do I reinstall my ethernet driver?

How do I reinstall my ethernet driver?: Hello, Recently I uninstalled my ethernet adaptor on my device manager while following a YouTube tech support tutorial. To my understanding, my computer requires ethernet to access the internet as every time when click on my Wi-Fi bar, no other internet options show up. My...
  5. How do I reinstall my ethernet driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall my ethernet driver?: Hello, Recently I uninstalled my ethernet adaptor on my device manager while following a YouTube tech support tutorial. To my understanding, my computer requires ethernet to access the internet as every time when click on my Wi-Fi bar, no other internet options show up. My...
  6. How do I reinstall my sound driver that got deleted on windows 10

How do I reinstall my sound driver that got deleted on windows 10: I somehow deleted my sound system and need to reinstall it. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reinstall-my-sound-driver-that-got/12476d65-0389-45d2-9680-8803a614ce7f
  7. How do I reinstall my sound driver that got deleted on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I reinstall my sound driver that got deleted on windows 10: I somehow deleted my sound system and need to reinstall it. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reinstall-my-sound-driver-that-got/12476d65-0389-45d2-9680-8803a614ce7f
  8. How to correct or reinstall my audio/sound driver for windows 10

How to correct or reinstall my audio/sound driver for windows 10: Every time I turn my laptop on I can not get any sound. I have to put it on trouble shooter then it tries to pick a audio driver. Then my laptop has to be turned off and rebooted. .It is such a pain. Could someone please help...
  9. How do I reinstall my bluetooth drivers?

How do I reinstall my bluetooth drivers?: My bluetooth on and off switch disappeared and while I was trying ways to fix it I uninstalled one of the drivers which made the bluetooth section under hidden devices in the device manager get deleted. How can I fix this?...
  10. how do i reinstall drivers

how do i reinstall drivers: I uninstalled drivers a long time ago because I didn't know what they were and now I have a new printer and to update drivers I don't have? HELP For a computer dummy! * Moved from Community Participation Center...