Windows 10: how do I reinstall my usb printer

Discus and support how do I reinstall my usb printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I reinstall my usb printer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CynthiaBroussard1, Sep 23, 2020.

1. how do I reinstall my usb printer

How do I reinstall my usb printer

:)

CynthiaBroussard1, Sep 23, 2020
  2. TV2
    TV2 Win User

USB 2.0 printer won't work in Win 10/USB 3.0

A couple more suggestions:
    First, check to see if your motherboard manufacturer has a newer USB controller driver to install. If so, install it.

Second, try reinstalling all the USB devices:
    Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Controllers > Right click on each device listed underneath and choose Uninstall (you could leave anything related to USB 3.0 alone) > after you've cleared the list, restart Windows and they will all be reinstalled again.

See if the printer will work after either of those.

Also: unplug the USB cable to that printer before doing any procedures, then plug it in after Windows is back up running.

3. printer usb is an older version

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of the printer and computer?

• What is the exact error message?

I suggest you to disable and re-enable the USB controllers. The following steps will uninstall all the USB controllers and then re-install them:

a. Right click on Start, and then click
    Run.

b. Type devmgmt.msc and then click
    OK. Device Manager opens.

c. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note: You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.

d. Right click the first USB controller under
    Universal Serial Bus controllers
    , and then click Uninstall to remove it.

e. Repeat step 4 for each USB controller that is listed under
    Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note: Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

If the issue persists then I suggest you to refer to the following article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Firebeast Win User

how do I reinstall my usb printer

Mac OSX USB printer problem

OK i just bought the Canon IP4500 usb printer and installed it on the mac following hte instructions to the letter.

No printer is found and i cannot add it in the Printer list, cause theres no option for USB printer installation, only Appletalk, Bluetooth, and Windows Printing.

I have downloaded the latest drivers etc... but no luck *Bang Head :banghead:

As it is i dont like macs but now with a simple thing as this i dislike them even more.

Last resort is trying installing the printer on a Vista pc and see if it works, if it does then the mac is up to shit, if it does not install then the printer is up to shit.

Anyone had a similar problem maybe and how did you overcome it?

Firebeast, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

how do I reinstall my usb printer

1. how do I reinstall my usb printer - Similar Threads - reinstall usb printer

2. I uninstalled my usb drivers, how do I reinstall them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstalled my usb drivers, how do I reinstall them?: my usb ports just stopped working so I uninstalled them and now I don't know how to get them back. please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-uninstalled-my-usb-drivers-how-do-i-reinstall/3acf219a-74f1-4339-a503-f327f58a2827
  3. I uninstalled my usb drivers, how do I reinstall them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I uninstalled my usb drivers, how do I reinstall them?: my usb ports just stopped working so I uninstalled them and now I don't know how to get them back. please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-uninstalled-my-usb-drivers-how-do-i-reinstall/3acf219a-74f1-4339-a503-f327f58a2827
  4. How do I fix my printer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I fix my printer?: I bought a new laptop and now when I send a job to the printer it beeps and I get an error message with no specifics. Is there an easy fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-my-printer/bf9d44b6-6eff-4d01-b58c-08725c9989fe
  5. How do i reinstall usb port drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i reinstall usb port drivers: i was trying to fix a problem with my controllers my PC thought they were speakers and so i thought uninstalling port drivers would help but idk how to reinstall them...
  6. How do i reinstall usb port drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i reinstall usb port drivers: i was trying to fix a problem with my controllers my PC thought they were speakers and so i thought uninstalling port drivers would help but idk how to reinstall them...
  7. How do i reinstall usb port drivers

8. How do I uninstall my printer?

How do I uninstall my printer?: I have a new printer so uninstalled old software and reinstalled the new. Printer wouldn't scan and I discovered that part of the old software remains. Tried to uninstall it a message comes up about driverpackageinstall site:answers.microsoft.com and says the administrator...
  9. How can I reinstall my usb drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I reinstall my usb drivers?: My hard drive isn’t migrating and so I was wondering what I could do to reinstall the drivers submitted by /u/Bombzopple [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/etxefm/how_can_i_reinstall_my_usb_drivers/
  10. How do a reinstall of windows 10 with usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do a reinstall of windows 10 with usb: Trying to update win.10. Have done it 2 times and at the end it removes update and restarts. I can sign in with password. I get a screen with nothing on it but the task bar. But nothing works. Windows button inop. I can go into command prompt but always says can't find it. I...