Windows 10: How do I reinstall/reinstate bluetooth functionality on my laptop

Discus and support How do I reinstall/reinstate bluetooth functionality on my laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, 24/02/2024I have a Lenovo yoga slim 7 running windows 11. I had previously turned off bluetooth via the toggle switch which used to be available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TM 76, Feb 25, 2024.

1. TM 76 Win User

How do I reinstall/reinstate bluetooth functionality on my laptop

Hi, 24/02/2024I have a Lenovo yoga slim 7 running windows 11. I had previously turned off bluetooth via the toggle switch which used to be available when i clicked the battery and wifi logo on the task bar. When i was ready to turn bluetooth back on this toggle was no longer available and when i opened settings whilst bluetooth and devices is still a section there is no option to turn bluetooth back on, when attempting to add a new device i am given an error saying i must turn on bluetooth first. I have followed all online guides and suggestions i have found via the microsoft forums to no av

:)

TM 76, Feb 25, 2024

2. Bluetooth not working on laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Method 1: Run Hardware Troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.
    If this doesn't work, you might have to uninstall and then reinstall the latest Bluetooth drives from the manufacturer's website.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Feb 25, 2024
  3. Bluetooth Function GONE

Hi,

I'm Diego Rios, an Independent Advisor willing to help other Microsoft customers.

Regarding your question:

Try these procedures:

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

Did you checked whether the Bluetooth device is listed under hidden devices in Device manager?

Have you checked whether the Bluetooth driver is listed under installed programs under Programs and features? (As you have reinstalled the Bluetooth.)

Note:

In device manager, click on "view" tab and select "show hidden devices" and check whether Bluetooth device/driver is listed.

To check the drivers installed in Programs and features, Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Programs and features and check whether the Bluetooth driver is installed.

Until you get back to us with the required information, follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I would suggest you check if Bluetooth Support service is started.

Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard, type services.msc and press OK.

Now, find Bluetooth Support Service and start it

Double click on the Bluetooth Support Service set the startup type as Automatic.

Reference: I would suggest you to check whether the drivers are up to date. Refer to the below link on how to download and install the drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Also, I attach some link with more procedures you can try in this one didn't work:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14169/...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

I hope it works,

Best Regards,

Diego R.

Diego Rios_06, Feb 25, 2024
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Bluetooth not working on ASUS laptop

Hello,

There are several factors that may cause this issue. To better assist you, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried disabling and enabling the Bluetooth using the Control Panel? (Not turning off and on)
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Bluetooth troubleshooter by:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth > Run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Feb 25, 2024
Thema:

1. How do I reinstall/reinstate bluetooth functionality on my laptop - Similar Threads - reinstall reinstate bluetooth

2. How do I reinstall/reinstate bluetooth functionality on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall/reinstate bluetooth functionality on my laptop: Hi, 24/02/2024I have a Lenovo yoga slim 7 running windows 11. I had previously turned off bluetooth via the toggle switch which used to be available when i clicked the battery and wifi logo on the task bar. When i was ready to turn bluetooth back on this toggle was no longer...
  3. Reinstalling or reinstating admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling or reinstating admin account: Long story short, I recently had my hard drive transferred to a new computer which, for reasons unknown, can't boot from USB.I have Windows 10 Home 22H2 installed on a Dell 1070. The administrative account is disabled; any attempt to enable it results in "Please enter the...
  4. Reinstalling or reinstating admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reinstalling or reinstating admin account: Long story short, I recently had my hard drive transferred to a new computer which, for reasons unknown, can't boot from USB.I have Windows 10 Home 22H2 installed on a Dell 1070. The administrative account is disabled; any attempt to enable it results in "Please enter the...
  5. Reinstate my Microsoft account after reinstall, how?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstate my Microsoft account after reinstall, how?: I had to reinstall Win 10I have another PC with my Microsoft accountWill this have my product key? to share back to my reinstalled PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstate-my-microsoft-account-after-reinstall-how/8674c177-9d97-4209-85ff-2786b95392db
  6. Reinstate my Microsoft account after reinstall, how?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstate my Microsoft account after reinstall, how?: I had to reinstall Win 10I have another PC with my Microsoft accountWill this have my product key? to share back to my reinstalled PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstate-my-microsoft-account-after-reinstall-how/8674c177-9d97-4209-85ff-2786b95392db
  7. Reinstate my Microsoft account after reinstall, how?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How do I reinstall my bluetooth drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I reinstall my bluetooth drivers?: My bluetooth on and off switch disappeared and while I was trying ways to fix it I uninstalled one of the drivers which made the bluetooth section under hidden devices in the device manager get deleted. How can I fix this?...
  9. How do I reinstall bluetooth on my pc

How do I reinstall bluetooth on my pc: this pc came with in built bluetooth and currently i can not locate it. i tried locating it by using device manager,couldn't locate it. please help me the pc is an envy 360 with a ryzen 7 processor desktop - 5nev3tq...
  10. How do I reinstall my Bluetooth driver on my Windows 10 laptop?

How do I reinstall my Bluetooth driver on my Windows 10 laptop?: I have been trying to turn on my Bluetooth for this laptop for the past 2 months and the icon is not available in the action center and I have tried any and every solution. How do I get back my Bluetooth driver?...