Windows 10: How do I reinstall/Uninstall Apps that Windows 10 is saying aren't there but are there?

Discus and support How do I reinstall/Uninstall Apps that Windows 10 is saying aren't there but are there? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Over the past few weeks I've noticed that Apps are no longer working. They appear muted on the Start Menu list, see image > [ATTACH] When I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Simon Bulgacs, Feb 18, 2019.

1. How do I reinstall/Uninstall Apps that Windows 10 is saying aren't there but are there?

Over the past few weeks I've noticed that Apps are no longer working. They appear muted on the Start Menu list, see image >

How do I reinstall/Uninstall Apps that Windows 10 is saying aren't there but are there? a0c78433-dab4-45e4-a2cc-d5fa73113ddb?upload=true.jpg

When I click on them I get this >

How do I reinstall/Uninstall Apps that Windows 10 is saying aren't there but are there? 122135ab-8fb8-48cf-8333-cbd2e415c09d?upload=true.jpg

When I go to the App store it says the App is installed so won't download it, see image >

How do I reinstall/Uninstall Apps that Windows 10 is saying aren't there but are there? 14bb31c4-3f95-42fb-94da-834b54a2d552?upload=true.jpg

When I go to the App section in Settings it says the apps aren't there meaning they can't be uninstalled, repaired or reset >

How do I reinstall/Uninstall Apps that Windows 10 is saying aren't there but are there? 5b726156-688e-450f-83e4-0c129fdbe2eb?upload=true.jpg

Over the past few weeks this has happened to different Apps including Mail and Calendar, weather, Maps, Sticky Notes, Microsoft Photos, Messaging, etc.

If I cannot uninstall them, as they don't appear there only their Icon, how am I supposed to reinstall them when Microsoft Store is stating they are installed? This is becoming very annoying and I'm worried a Windows update is going to delete important files and/or break my computer. I appreciate any help anyone can offer in relation to this problem.

:)

Simon Bulgacs, Feb 18, 2019
  2. diego Win User

Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

How do I reinstall/Uninstall Apps that Windows 10 is saying aren't there but are there? [​IMG]

The native apps from the system are all showing this strange square instead of the normal icons. Please help resolve this problem. Thanks

diego, Feb 18, 2019
  3. MarkTiede Win User
    Uninstalled app can't be reinstalled.

I was having trouble with an app. The developer suggested I uninstall the app, then reboot, the reinstall it. I uninstalled the app. I rebooted. I went to the store to reinstall it and the store says it is already installed and provides a "Launch" button.
    But the app is NOT installed. It doesn't show up in the list of apps. And clicking the "Launch" button does nothing.

So now I am stuck with a paid for app that I can't get reinstalled.

How do I get around this?

(on 950xl)

MarkTiede, Feb 18, 2019
  4. How do I reinstall/Uninstall Apps that Windows 10 is saying aren't there but are there?

How to uninstall Windows 10 apps ?

After some upgrade about 60 days ago, I am unable to use Mail and Calender app in Windows 10, it will not allow me to uninstall the app to reinstall as suggested by the store. The app is grayed out and no option to uninstall. I have tried Windows Powershell
    , as suggested by other users with similar problems but it says this file may be corrupted. So I ran a deep virus scan with no success. Is there any other steps I can take.

Chrissy Blue

ChrissyBlue, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

How do I reinstall/Uninstall Apps that Windows 10 is saying aren't there but are there?

1. How do I reinstall/Uninstall Apps that Windows 10 is saying aren't there but are there? - Similar Threads - reinstall Uninstall Apps

2. How do I uninstall an app that the MS Store says I have installed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I uninstall an app that the MS Store says I have installed?: So, I installed MS Visual Code Studio It somehow got removed or deleted or something as I couldn't find itI tried installing it again using the "User" version on the website download but it said it couldn't install. So I looked on MS Store and it says "installed" so I look at...
  3. How do I uninstall an app that the MS Store says I have installed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I uninstall an app that the MS Store says I have installed?: So, I installed MS Visual Code Studio It somehow got removed or deleted or something as I couldn't find itI tried installing it again using the "User" version on the website download but it said it couldn't install. So I looked on MS Store and it says "installed" so I look at...
  4. How do I uninstall Windows 11 and reinstall Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I uninstall Windows 11 and reinstall Windows 10?: I tried Windows 11 and it has been longer than 10 days. I do not care for it and want to uninstall and reinstall Windows 10. But it looks like I need to wipe out my entire laptop. Surely there is an easy way to do this....
  5. How do I uninstall Windows 11 and reinstall Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I uninstall Windows 11 and reinstall Windows 10?: I tried Windows 11 and it has been longer than 10 days. I do not care for it and want to uninstall and reinstall Windows 10. But it looks like I need to wipe out my entire laptop. Surely there is an easy way to do this....
  6. How do I uninstall an app?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I uninstall an app?: How do I uninstall an app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-uninstall-an-app/9913040d-dfcc-42f1-bfb1-6202b05d146b
  7. How do I uninstall and reinstall Task manager in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I uninstall and reinstall Task manager in Windows 10?: How do I uninstall and reinstall Task manager in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-uninstall-and-reinstall-task-manager-in/471a1b63-6e4c-47eb-853d-1b944b13453d
  8. How do you uninstall and reinstall drivers in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do you uninstall and reinstall drivers in Windows 10?: If I ever have an issue with my Windows 10 laptop, I would probably uninstall and reinstall certain drivers. I know how to uninstall them (just go to control panel and uninstall a program), but how do I reinstall them? Because if you don’t have the proper drivers, Windows...
  9. How do I reinstall a Windows app

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I reinstall a Windows app: How do I reinstall a Windows app? I accidently uninstalled an app and I don't know what it was called! it's the app that you can talk to it has a face, that's all I know, except that it came installed with Windows 10 and it's not Cortina. I think I'll be able to reinstall it...
  10. How do I reinstall a previously uninstalled driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I reinstall a previously uninstalled driver?: I was forced to uninstall the Lenovo power management driver from my laptop because it was giving me blue screens (I believe it used to happen when the display was meant to go to sleep). This means that I now have no power management and the fan goes full blast all the time....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i uninstall apps it does not allow me to reinstall them and says that it has already been installed

2. how do i remove apps that arent there