Windows 10: How do I reinstall w10 on my asus laptop without a Windows 10 disc

Discus and support How do I reinstall w10 on my asus laptop without a Windows 10 disc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a W10 ASUS ROG 552 laptop for over a year which has developed an unusual problem which prevents me from using Adobe Premiere Elements14. Adobe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by provlima, Aug 2, 2017.

1. provlima Win User

How do I reinstall w10 on my asus laptop without a Windows 10 disc

I have a W10 ASUS ROG 552 laptop for over a year which has developed an unusual problem which prevents me from using Adobe Premiere Elements14. Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 works fine. I am a serious video editing enthusiast and my laptop has performed flawlessly up until May. Have tried system restore and various recommendations by Premiere Elements users to solve the unusual problem with no success.

I now believe its a glitch involving the W10 OS and as a last resort will ininstall W10 from my OS SSD drive.
    All my data is on a second HDD disk.
    W10 came preloaded on my ASUS laptop. How can I accomplish the uninstall and new install without a W10 CD
    Below is the error message I get whenever I try to open Adobe Premier Elements
    Thanks for your help

How do I reinstall w10 on my asus laptop without a Windows 10 disc [​IMG]

:)

provlima, Aug 2, 2017

2. Windows 10 error

After updating to windows 10 on my asus laptop, i had 100% of disc usage and the system was slow. So, now im doing a refresh to make a clean install of W10 and after 100% just got a fixed blue screen.

Inaccessible boot device

My system was ok before w10 and this one is my only laptop to study, could someone help please,

ps. before refresh the system i ran disc check without faults...

tks!

fabio martinez, Aug 2, 2017
  3. Upgrade to Windows10

I had purchased hp laptop in 2014 and had upgraded OS to Windows 10 as per autoupgrade. However due to some issue I had to reset my laptop this week. Now the OS is reinstalled from recovery disc however not able to find upgrade to W10. Please guide how
    to get W10. Thanks

Hrush1kesh, Aug 2, 2017
  4. How do I reinstall w10 on my asus laptop without a Windows 10 disc

Hi provlima.

You can get software from Microsoft. See attached tutorial.

Clean Install Windows 10

Software will re-activate on its own, no need to enter key.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 2, 2017
  5. Spike999 Win User
    Might it be easier to just uninstall/reinstall the adobe software?

Spike999, Aug 2, 2017
  6. provlima Win User
    Spike
    thanks for your suggestion ...that was the first thing I tried, but it didn't solve the problem

provlima, Aug 3, 2017
  7. AddRAM Win User
    To answer your question, you can`t reinstall W10 without an install dvd or usb stick.

Didn`t the pc come with a recovery partition ? If Windows 10 was preloaded by Asus then it will have a recovery partition.

Why can`t you use that to restore it to it`s original out of box condition ?

Please post a shot of Disk Management.

AddRAM, Aug 3, 2017
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Windows 10 factory installs do not come with the old style recovery partitions you are used to with previous versions of Windows. They come with the standard Windows Recovery Environment Partition. The factory settings and additional software are included in provisioning packages which are actually stored in the standard OS partition. If a user makes a Recovery Drive from the factory install of Windows 10, the provisioning package gets copied to the recovery drive along with the rest of the Windows files needed for a full recovery.

Now, if the provisioning package is still intact - then the option to restore Windows from the Recovery Environment should restore the computer to off-the-shelf from the factory condition. The Recovery Environment is entered, among other ways, by holding down the shift key when you click on Restart from the power icon on the start menu.

NavyLCDR, Aug 3, 2017
  9. If you do a "Reset this PC" on that PC, will it reset to the factory state? Asking for future reference.

alphanumeric, Aug 3, 2017
  10. AddRAM Win User
    Excellent suggestion, I keep forgetting about that option.

AddRAM, Aug 3, 2017
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    I think it should, but I have never used the function, so can't say for certain.

NavyLCDR, Aug 3, 2017
  12. AddRAM Win User
    Ya I`d hate to have to try that method, using an image would be far better, in my opinion.

AddRAM, Aug 3, 2017
  13. How do I reinstall w10 on my asus laptop without a Windows 10 disc

Ok, was just wondering. I had installed Windows 10-S, played around and got it all messed up. Then did a change key to upgrade to Pro. It upgraded but things that weren't supposed to be locked out still were. Just for fun I did a Reset this PC and it fixed everything. No having to start over with a clean install. That's why I asked. Mine was originally a clean install from my MSDN ISO. No factory stuff etc.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I reinstall w10 on my asus laptop without a Windows 10 disc - Similar Threads - reinstall w10 asus

2. How do I reinstall factory installed windows 10 on my laptop from DVD without losing my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I reinstall factory installed windows 10 on my laptop from DVD without losing my...: I have an laptop that had windows 10 pre installed on it with some customized software that was installed by the manufacturer that made my laptop . It’s an HP 17-X037CL & I don’t want to clean installation because of some stuff might not work properly. My laptop had factory...
  3. How do I reinstall factory installed windows 10 on my laptop from DVD without losing my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall factory installed windows 10 on my laptop from DVD without losing my...: I have an laptop that had windows 10 pre installed on it with some customized software that was installed by the manufacturer that made my laptop . It’s an HP 17-X037CL & I don’t want to clean installation because of some stuff might not work properly. My laptop had factory...
  4. How do I reinstall factory installed windows 10 on my laptop from DVD without losing my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I reinstall Wifi drivers for an ASUS laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall Wifi drivers for an ASUS laptop?: I recently updated windows 10 to its latest update and it disabled all my wifi settings. I deleted the wifi driver without knowing it was the driver and I cannot recover it. I tried troubleshooting and it failed, I tried scanning for hardware changes and it detected nothing,...
  6. How do I reinstall Wifi drivers for an ASUS laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reinstall Wifi drivers for an ASUS laptop?: I recently updated windows 10 to its latest update and it disabled all my wifi settings. I deleted the wifi driver without knowing it was the driver and I cannot recover it. I tried troubleshooting and it failed, I tried scanning for hardware changes and it detected nothing,...
  7. How do I reinstall Wifi drivers for an ASUS laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. How do I reinstall Windows 10 on a new hard drive without a physical disc?

How do I reinstall Windows 10 on a new hard drive without a physical disc?: Hi community. I have a Dell Inspiron 660 and the hard drive recently failed it lasted eight years. I ordered a replacement that is on its way. When I received the Inspiron there was no operating system media included. How do I reinstall my copy of Windows 10 on the new drive?...
  9. Reinstall Windows 10 without disc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstall Windows 10 without disc: Please help. I have been having a lot of problems with my computer so I did a system restore and it took me back to Windows 7. I purchased Windows 10 back in January 2017 and I have a license key. Where do I go to reinstall Windows 10? Thank you....
  10. How to create reinstall disc for windows 10

How to create reinstall disc for windows 10: I updated a Lenovo Laptop from it's original Windows 8 (not 8.1) to Windows 10. The Laptop is working fine with all the updates and added apps install. Now, how do I create a reinstall, recovery or image disc in order to restore the OS prior to the time just before creating...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus windows 10 re-install without wiping disk