Windows 10: How do I reinstall Wifi drivers for an ASUS laptop?

Discus and support How do I reinstall Wifi drivers for an ASUS laptop? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently updated windows 10 to its latest update and it disabled all my wifi settings. I deleted the wifi driver without knowing it was the driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Fernando V., Aug 5, 2022.

1. How do I reinstall Wifi drivers for an ASUS laptop?

I recently updated windows 10 to its latest update and it disabled all my wifi settings. I deleted the wifi driver without knowing it was the driver and I cannot recover it. I tried troubleshooting and it failed, I tried scanning for hardware changes and it detected nothing, and I reset my windows 10 completely - still doesn’t fix it. Any time I open my laptop, Ethernet and Bluetooth is my only available options despite my Ethernet not detecting my cable connected to this laptop. I purchased this laptop approximately 2 months ago and still am having this issue.

:)

Fernando V., Aug 5, 2022
  2. chaos9830 Win User

ASUS Laptop Wifi Driver disabled

When I went to the ASUS link for my laptop's drivers,(https://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/714/0/5/6uCwyTnfaYfa7BVZ/45/) I downloaded the driver titled "Intel Wireless Lan Driver and Application." The link downloaded a ZIP file containing a Setup for
    the "Intel PROSET/Wireless Software." When I ran the install, it said that it could not install because "a newer version of the software was already installed." So I uninstalled the software and installed the "older" version downloaded from the ASUS site and
    still no luck. There is still no WIFI button next to the Airplane Mode button and no way to view WiFi Networks. I even checked the Device manager to make sure the previous driver was uninstalled and the adapter was no longer listed. After installing the "older"
    driver, it is back but still no luck. The event log still reads that the device "was not migrated."

EDIT: I ran the command prompt lines and still no luck. Here's a screenshot
    How do I reinstall Wifi drivers for an ASUS laptop? 5345594a-ee18-41ad-b8bd-0eeafb12ee3e.jpg

chaos9830, Aug 5, 2022
  3. chaos9830 Win User
    ASUS Laptop Wifi Driver disabled

So I downloaded the chipset driver for my ASUS G551VW Laptop and restarted after the intall. Nothing changed. I the proceeded to download the Intel Wireless LAN Driver and Application which was the same thing I downloaded directly from Intel. I went through
    the same steps and nothing changed. I still cannot search for WiFi Networks. I downloaded the driver from this link: https://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/714/0/5/6uCwyTnfaYfa7BVZ/45/

Here's a screenshot of my issue:

As you can see in the events log for the Intel Wireless chip, the device was "not migrated" after I installed it. Not sure what this means but it's probably the root of my issue.
    How do I reinstall Wifi drivers for an ASUS laptop? 2220952d-6aee-40f8-b668-8f90293cb049.jpg

chaos9830, Aug 5, 2022
  4. Graeme.P Win User

How do I reinstall Wifi drivers for an ASUS laptop?

Laptop wifi suddenly disabled and can't shutdown and restart

Hi Fedrick, thanks for your question. I'm Graeme, a Microsoft Community expert and fellow user.

It sounds like your WiFi adapter may have a driver issue or perhaps a hardware issue. I'll give you steps to see if it's a driver issue:

Firstly, try reinstalling the WiFi adapter driver from the ASUS website.

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ASUS-VivoBook-S14-...

If that doesn't help, try reinstalling the WiFi adapter through Device Manager.

- Press Windows Key+X and choose Device Manager.

- Find your WiFi device in the list.

- Right-click it and choose Update Driver.

- If that doesn't work, try uninstalling it and then scan for hardware changes to reinstall the driver.

Let me know how you go and I'll give you other options if needed! Thanks!

Note: Non-Microsoft websites are linked. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Graeme.P, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

How do I reinstall Wifi drivers for an ASUS laptop?

1. How do I reinstall Wifi drivers for an ASUS laptop? - Similar Threads - reinstall Wifi drivers

2. Asus wifi adapter not reinstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus wifi adapter not reinstalling: I uninstalled my network adapter to do a fresh reinstall and its not working. It says it is in the "Other devices" tab. When I click to update driver it says there is no driver on this pc and it gives me an error code. code 28. Is there a way to fix this and reinstall my...
  3. Asus wifi adapter not reinstalling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus wifi adapter not reinstalling: I uninstalled my network adapter to do a fresh reinstall and its not working. It says it is in the "Other devices" tab. When I click to update driver it says there is no driver on this pc and it gives me an error code. code 28. Is there a way to fix this and reinstall my...
  4. Asus wifi adapter not reinstalling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do i reinstall drivers for my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i reinstall drivers for my laptop?: My laptop has frequently been crashing and bluescreening for the past 2 years since i got it, some examples of the errors are "IRQL_not_less_or_equal" and "driver power state failure", how do i reinstall the laptops drivers? Does reinstalling drivers affect anything stored on...
  6. How do i reinstall drivers for my laptop?

How do i reinstall drivers for my laptop?: My laptop has frequently been crashing and bluescreening for the past 2 years since i got it, some examples of the errors are "IRQL_not_less_or_equal" and "driver power state failure", how do i reinstall the laptops drivers? Does reinstalling drivers affect anything stored on...
  7. Why isn't the laptop reinstalling wifi driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't the laptop reinstalling wifi driver?: I have a ASUS TUF A15 with mediatek wi-fi 6 mt7921 wireless lan card and my wifi kept on disconnecting every 5 minutes so I uninstalled the network adapter driver and Bluetooth driver as they said there can be a problem if the versions are different and when I tried to...
  8. How do I reinstall Wifi drivers for an ASUS laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall Wifi drivers for an ASUS laptop?: I recently updated windows 10 to its latest update and it disabled all my wifi settings. I deleted the wifi driver without knowing it was the driver and I cannot recover it. I tried troubleshooting and it failed, I tried scanning for hardware changes and it detected nothing,...
  9. How do I reinstall Wifi drivers for an ASUS laptop?

How do I reinstall Wifi drivers for an ASUS laptop?: I recently updated windows 10 to its latest update and it disabled all my wifi settings. I deleted the wifi driver without knowing it was the driver and I cannot recover it. I tried troubleshooting and it failed, I tried scanning for hardware changes and it detected nothing,...
  10. how do i reinstall drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i reinstall drivers: I uninstalled drivers a long time ago because I didn't know what they were and now I have a new printer and to update drivers I don't have? HELP For a computer dummy! * Moved from Community Participation Center...