Windows 10: How do I reinstall win 10 1803 home; I have C: drive, and Windows/Lenovo recovery on D:...

Discus and support How do I reinstall win 10 1803 home; I have C: drive, and Windows/Lenovo recovery on D:... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Forget my last 6 months of frustration; maybe rootkit, maybe corruption. 6 month old new Lenovo ideapad 320**; 7th If, 16GB, 1 Tb HD partitioned:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Martin Lee Roth, Aug 21, 2018.

1. How do I reinstall win 10 1803 home; I have C: drive, and Windows/Lenovo recovery on D:...

Forget my last 6 months of frustration; maybe rootkit, maybe corruption.

6 month old new Lenovo ideapad 320**; 7th If, 16GB, 1 Tb HD partitioned: C: and D: (Backuup Lenovo Drivers, software, and Backup Win 10 1709). The computer is functional; but many things do not work: Offline scan, Refresh...many things do not work correctly, browser bookmarks, cookie handling, etc.

I am not an idiot. I have tried every 'half measure'. I do want to do this painlessly...properly, one time only. I can not afford to have this machine down more than a half-day.

I want to do the following and FORMAT the C: Partition in the process. I have no windows disk, as it is factory installation.

How do I reinstall win 10 1803 home; I have C: drive, and Windows/Lenovo recovery on D: partition, from the factory?

Please make simple and accurate for current win 10 1803 home.

Thanks in advance; this should have been done 6 months ago.

:)

Martin Lee Roth, Aug 21, 2018

2. No C: but D: drive has all the data

Hi Austin,

To help you with your concern regarding the data on the drive C:, you're seeing the drive "C:" as the drive "D:" because you're booting your computer outside Windows. When booting your computer outside Windows, the system is reading the recovery partition
    as drive C: and the data in the drive C: \ are listed on the drive D: \. Try to boot your computer and try to check again the data in the drive C: \ and see if the data are listed.

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Andrei V. Win User
    Win 10 Parallel Installation - Win 8.1 in C: Drive & Win 10 in D: Drive

You can do this but it is a little trickier. Here is my advice:

• If I understand correctly, you have 2 partitions at this moment: a drive C were your current windows resides and a drive D, probably with your files (this is also my setup)
    • The first step will be to create a partition for Windows 10 (cut part of drive D). You can do this in disk manager. If you don't know how, please ask and I will give you the details
    • Create a system image of your current Windows
    • Upgrade your current Windows to Windows 10 (you cannot skip this part if you want the free upgrade)
    • Restore your previous Windows to it's current location (partition)
    • Do a clean install of Windows 10 in the partition you reserved in step 2
    Windows 10 will see that you have another windows installation and add it to the boot manager. At this point you will be able to boot both Windows versions

Andrei V., Aug 21, 2018
  4. How do I reinstall win 10 1803 home; I have C: drive, and Windows/Lenovo recovery on D:...

Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

How do I reinstall win 10 1803 home; I have C: drive, and Windows/Lenovo recovery on D:...

1. How do I reinstall win 10 1803 home; I have C: drive, and Windows/Lenovo recovery on D:... - Similar Threads - reinstall 1803 home

2. C drive is full. D drive is empty. Why? How do I manage this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive is full. D drive is empty. Why? How do I manage this?: I just need help in managing the C and D drives https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive-is-full-d-drive-is-empty-why-how-do-i/67e0bbf3-3418-4a24-b4b9-2e4f6402e0f4
  3. I have accidentally merged my C drive and D drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have accidentally merged my C drive and D drive.: [IMG][IMG]Now I have program files in both my C and D drives. I have sent you 2 images, please consider my request. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-accidentally-merged-my-c-drive-and-d-drive/1d19a627-e84a-4622-a72e-91ed005a5c7c
  4. How do I use a recovery drive on a Win 10 laptop ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I use a recovery drive on a Win 10 laptop ?: Hello World... This morning my laptop wouldn’t boot past the BIOS screen. Eventually I discovered that there is only a windows upgrade directory on the c: drive .... There is no windows folder at all. Amazing ... it was all there last night. Why that might have...
  5. how installed windows 7 drive D while i have already window 10 on C drive

how installed windows 7 drive D while i have already window 10 on C drive: Dear, I have HP Core I7 laptop and installed window 10, but I want a second operating system on other partition D window 7, is this possible,...
  6. How do I reinstall Cotana in Windows 10 Home

in Cortana
    How do I reinstall Cotana in Windows 10 Home: This is what I get when I open Cortana. Can anyone help? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reinstall-cotana-in-windows-10-home/9f97d428-3669-45a0-998d-03718393a3b6
  7. How do I show the desktop on the D drive instead of the one on the C drive?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I show the desktop on the D drive instead of the one on the C drive?: My C drive, boot drive, is getting full; so I copied the desktop to the D drive, but the machine still boots into the desktop on the C drive. How can I change it to boot into the desktop on the D drive?...
  8. FLASH DRIVES -- HOW DO I ACCESS THEM? "MY COMPUTER" JUST LISTS C: AND THE RECOVERY DRIVE, D:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    FLASH DRIVES -- HOW DO I ACCESS THEM? "MY COMPUTER" JUST LISTS C: AND THE RECOVERY DRIVE, D:: SEE ABOVE. My old laptop from 2012 has "my computer" that lists all storage drives, in use or not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-drives-how-do-i-access-them-my-computer-just/8e55f13f-a2c2-4740-b03c-c38c297e8a45
  9. Can I remove Win. 8 Recovery on D drive. I now have Win. 10

Can I remove Win. 8 Recovery on D drive. I now have Win. 10: I would like to Remove the D partition drive or remove just the Win. 8 information. from it. When I bought this system 3 yrs. ago it was Win. 8. I have since updated this computer to Win. 10 Anniversary Update. When I do a Image Backup on my External Hard Drive, it will also...
  10. How can I configure Drive D:\ as a Recovery drive?

How can I configure Drive D:\ as a Recovery drive?: Here's my system setup: M.2 - main hard drive (C:\) 10TB HDD - as D:\ drive. I want to configure my HDD as a backup drive, thus I want My OS/settings retained on the backup. How can I do this? 77574