Windows 10: how do i reinstall win 10 on old hp machine after hdd failure?

Discus and support how do i reinstall win 10 on old hp machine after hdd failure? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; have booted from flash drive to install win 10 on new hdd but drive is not initated and does not show up in disk part help...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jerryvankirk, May 21, 2020.

1. how do i reinstall win 10 on old hp machine after hdd failure?

have booted from flash drive to install win 10 on new hdd but drive is not initated and does not show up in disk part help...

:)

jerryvankirk, May 21, 2020

2. Wipe a dual boot machine and reinstall Win 10?

I have an old machine that started out on Win 7. I updated/upgraded over the years and it now has two SSDs one with Win 7, the other with Win 10. I created the dual boot a long time ago from the Win 7 drive.

I'm worried wiping will negate my Win 10 lisence since it was an upgrade not the original OS. I have the original Win 7 serial, but I don't think that is relevent to the process any more.
    At any rate, I'd like to give the machine to an elderly neighbor, so I need to wipe it and reinstall Win 10. I don't know where to begin. Anyone able to point me in the right direction, for a step by step?

CalypsoArt, May 21, 2020
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, May 21, 2020
  4. Mojo418 Win User

how do i reinstall win 10 on old hp machine after hdd failure?

New Laptop with Win 10 64bit and Old with Win 10 64bit

Hello,

I am somewhat of a Newbie when dealing with laptops and OSs .I am getting a new HP Envy 17t laptop with Win 10 installed and 1TB HDD. I have an old HP Pavillion DV5 1235dx laptop with Win 10 installed with a 250GB SSD. The Envy has the ability to use 2
    drives. My step-daughter needs a laptop and was going to give her the old one. Should I just get new HDD for old laptop and in new Envy install 2 drives 1 SSD (250GB) and 1 HDD (1TB). I will have 2 different Win 10 OS I wanted to pass 1 Win 10 to step- daughter.
    Should I give her the 1TB HDD and purchase a new drive for new Envy? Should I get another SSD or HDD for Envy? When using 2 drives and 1 for storage (pictures, documents etc.) is a 1TB HDD better to use than SSD? I have to keep cost at a minimum because I'm
    100% disabled from a work accident, and live on Social security and small Pension. I use my laptop as away to the outside, since i'm home and in lift recliner most of the day. I work with tons of pictures, writing, a family tree, blogging and searching the
    web.

What would be the best set-up drive wise? How hard is it to set up the 2 drives in the new Envy? Can you give me helpful tips and maybe links on How to Do? I would also have to remove folders and files stored on the 250GB SSD to get back to clean drive.
    Should I store them in a cloud drive or flash drives and than restore back to a clean Win 10 ? Leave programs like Word, Excel, Office,etc and downloads like System Mechanic, Revo Unistaller, etc on SSD or reinstall and

re-download?

Thank You for any help you can give me on these questions or links, I deeply appreciate it.

John

Mojo418, May 21, 2020
Thema:

how do i reinstall win 10 on old hp machine after hdd failure?

1. how do i reinstall win 10 on old hp machine after hdd failure? - Similar Threads - reinstall old machine

2. How to reinstall free version of Win 10 on a Win 8 machine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall free version of Win 10 on a Win 8 machine.: OK here it is. I have what was originally a Win 8 machine that had a free version of Win 10 installed when Win 10 was first released. The machine has worked well, being completely offline all these years, as a photo editing suite. I've had a hard drive crash and can't find my...
  3. How to reinstall free version of Win 10 on a Win 8 machine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall free version of Win 10 on a Win 8 machine.: OK here it is. I have what was originally a Win 8 machine that had a free version of Win 10 installed when Win 10 was first released. The machine has worked well, being completely offline all these years, as a photo editing suite. I've had a hard drive crash and can't find my...
  4. How to reinstall free version of Win 10 on a Win 8 machine.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reinstalling Win 10 on replaced HDD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling Win 10 on replaced HDD: I have just replaced the HDD which had my windows 10 OS on it, this was an upgrade from win 7. I reinstalled win 7 then tried to upgrade to win 10 again. When I input the code from my Win 7 disc, as I did when I first upgraded, I get the error message saying that the code...
  6. Boot failure after removal of Win 7 HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot failure after removal of Win 7 HDD: I recently upgraded to Win 10 by installing it on a new SSD, leaving my previous Win 7 SSD intact. I also didn't remove the Win 7 SSD as I planned on formatting it and using it for storage. It all worked and it even recognized the Win 7 disk and gave me a dual boot option...
  7. Old HDD protect against failure

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Old HDD protect against failure: Hi My HDD is 8 years old, working well but presumably due to fail sooner rather than later. My OS is on an SDD (along with some programs/ apps some of which refer to data on the HDD). The HDD has all my pictures, games etc on it. What would be my best strategy for backup if...
  8. Win 10 Home Single after HDD failure and reinstallation of OS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Home Single after HDD failure and reinstallation of OS: I was using a notebook with pre-installed Windows 10 Home Edition and upgraded to Pro edition, purchased on November, 8 2016. Because of virus problem, I wiped all the HDD, including partitions and installed back Windows 10. I logging with my Microsoft account for few days...
  9. looking for win 10 licence for used machine (and backups for hdd failure)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    looking for win 10 licence for used machine (and backups for hdd failure): Recently the hard drive on my computer died, causing me to buy a replacement computer; this computer. This is a refurbished computer that came with Windows 10. On the case is a sticker that says only "Windows 8 Pro" without any additional information (such as a product key)...
  10. How do I reinstall Office after network failure?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How do I reinstall Office after network failure?: I have a 5 subscription to Office. I have a Intel STK1a32WFC computer. I had to delete it to upgrade to the Anniversary Release of Win10. After installing the upgrade, I started the download of Office & about hallway through install, my Internet connection failed. When...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reinstall office home student 2019