Windows 10: How do I reinstall Windows 10 Pro after replacing the hard drive (which took me back to Win...

Discus and support How do I reinstall Windows 10 Pro after replacing the hard drive (which took me back to Win... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; does anyone know where or how to upgrade my desktop, win 7 to win 10 without being forced to pay 200 bucks? this (my) pc froze, I had to replace my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by wilsonpickette, Jan 1, 2019.

1. How do I reinstall Windows 10 Pro after replacing the hard drive (which took me back to Win...

does anyone know where or how to upgrade my desktop, win 7 to win 10 without being forced to pay 200 bucks? this (my) pc froze, I had to replace my hard drive, now I am only win 7 pro. I am disabled with only low disability income and cant afford a new pc or 139 or 199, and this pc was win 10 pro, I have backup in my external drives, but they were before my hard drive had to be replaced.... any help.??..Please??

* Original title: win 10

* Moved from Windows 7/Programs

:)

wilsonpickette, Jan 1, 2019

2. Reinstalling Win 10 after Hard-Drive replacement

Hi

I have a Dell PC with Win 8.1 installed. I have updated to Win 10 almost a year ago. Recently i had a problem with my hard-drive and i needed to replace it, and by that i needed to reinstall Windows again which took it back to Win 8.1, so can i install the
    PC back to Win 10? I'm aware the free upgrade is over now

AbdulrahmanFekri, Jan 1, 2019
  3. LarrieM Win User
    Reinstalling Win 10 to a replacement hard drive

I have an HP Pavilon desktop which I upgraded to WIN 10 from WIN 7. The hard drive is starting to fail with a BIOHD-8 error.Before the drive fails I would like to create a set of restore or recovery disks so I can buy a new one terabyte drive to replace
    the current 750 gig drive and reinstall the current version of Win 10. Will creating an ISO disk image work if I used a one terabyte external USB to create the image and then replaced the drive and copied the image back? I'd like to use a set of DVD to create
    an image or recovery drive so I wouldn't have to "waste" the external Hard drive. The steps in Control panel create a Windows System Repair Disk and a System Image but it says its for WIN 7. What am I missing? Seems that the system image created for DVDs (64
    bit) would occupy 14.37 gig or four DVDs.

Help

LarrieM, Jan 1, 2019
  4. DMarvin54 Win User

How do I reinstall Windows 10 Pro after replacing the hard drive (which took me back to Win...

Windows 10 Pro reinstall after hard drive failure

My hard drive failed and had to be replaced. I had just replaced it a few months ago and still had the USB boot drive with the Windows 10 reinstall I created at that time. When I ran it for the previous HD install, I was automatically upgraded to Windows
    10 Pro without any issues. I used the same USB drive to reinstall the OS on the replacement drive and cannot get it to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Instead I get this: "You're running Windows 10 Home and you're all set." I am not all set - I have a digital license
    and I want Windows 10 Pro. I have tried every suggestion on the Microsoft site and end up in the same place.

Has anyone run into this and know of a way past it? The support assistant thing is useless.

Thank-you for any insights you can provide.

DMarvin54, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

How do I reinstall Windows 10 Pro after replacing the hard drive (which took me back to Win...

1. How do I reinstall Windows 10 Pro after replacing the hard drive (which took me back to Win... - Similar Threads - reinstall Pro replacing

2. How do I reinstall windows 10 on laptop after replacing defiective Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall windows 10 on laptop after replacing defiective Hard Drive?: Hello,I have an older laptop that originally came with Windows 8, but I upgraded to Windows 10 when it became available. Now the Hard Drive has failed and I am replacing it. Once I replace the drive how do I reinstall Windows 10?I don't have installation files for Windows 8...
  3. How do I reinstall windows 10 on laptop after replacing defiective Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reinstall windows 10 on laptop after replacing defiective Hard Drive?: Hello,I have an older laptop that originally came with Windows 8, but I upgraded to Windows 10 when it became available. Now the Hard Drive has failed and I am replacing it. Once I replace the drive how do I reinstall Windows 10?I don't have installation files for Windows 8...
  4. How do I reinstall windows 10 on laptop after replacing defiective Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I get Win 10 installed on a replacement hard drive

How do I get Win 10 installed on a replacement hard drive: My Dell Inspiron laptop came with Windows 7 installed. It was subsequently upgraded to Windows 10 by Microsoft. The hard drive has now failed and needs to be replaced. Is there a way to get Windows 10 on the replacement drive under the old license or do I need to buy a new...
  6. How do I reinstall Windows 10 after changing hard drives?

How do I reinstall Windows 10 after changing hard drives?: So a few months ago, my computer's hard drive broke, therefore I could not use my computer. Now i am getting a new hard drive, but how do I install Windows 10 on it? I am hearing mixed things about it. My computer is a prebuilt HP desktop and I dont know any keys or codes...
  7. Reinstall Windows 10 and replace primary hard drive

Reinstall Windows 10 and replace primary hard drive: Hi folks, I've been running Windows 10 on this PC for a couple of years now. Upgraded online from Windows 7 during the free upgrade period. So I have no product key for Windows 10, I have a digital license tied to my Microsoft account. I want to reinstall Windows 10 now...
  8. How to get windows 10 back after my hard drive failed and replaced?

How to get windows 10 back after my hard drive failed and replaced?: My hard drive failed and I replaced it. It now say no bootable devices which means I need an OS. I had window 10 before it failed, how would I get it back?...
  9. Back up hard drive to flash drive, replace hard drive, reinstall contents on new hard...

Back up hard drive to flash drive, replace hard drive, reinstall contents on new hard...: Please advise how I can replace the hard drive. I would back up the contents to a flash drive in the USB port, follow instructions in the manual to remove and replace the hard drive, reinstall,...
  10. how to reinstall windows 10 (home) after replace hard drive

how to reinstall windows 10 (home) after replace hard drive: FACTS: Dell inspiron 3050 (small fanless cube) came with windows 8.1 later upgraded to windows 10 .. it only had a 32 gig solid state drive which is so crowded now it has NOT been able to update since oct 2017because it says it needs 8 gig on c to do the update ... I tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reinstall windows 10 after replacing hard disk hp pavilon 17 laptop

2. Replacing SSD and reinstall Windows 10 after upgrade from Win 8.1