Windows 10: How do I reinstall Windows without losing any data.

Discus and support How do I reinstall Windows without losing any data. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bustedcondomdisaster [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bustedcondomdisaster, Nov 9, 2019.

1. How do I reinstall Windows without losing any data.

/u/bustedcondomdisaster, Nov 9, 2019
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Reinstall windows 10 without losing data

Hi Chris,

It is important to know what was the result of running chkdsk, as this will help us determine if this is a possible hard drive failure. Can you tell us what was the result of chkdsk?

However, if the result did not find any errors, then you can check for corruption in the system files that is preventing your computer from booting up. We suggest that you run the System File Checker tool to address this. Use the installation media to run
    the tool.

• Connect the installation media to your computer and then turn it on.
    • On the initial setup screen, enter your language and other preferences, and then select Next. If you're not seeing the setup screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer's website for info on how
      to change your PC's boot order, and then try again.
    • Select Repair your computer. On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Command prompt.
    • Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.

• Once done, restart the computer.
    If still your computer is unable to boot up, then we recommend you refresh your PC. You're not going to lose any files as long as you choose this option. However, we cannot guarantee that you're not going to lose any programs. To do this , follow these steps:

• Connect the installation media to your computer and then turn it on.
    • Select Repair your computer. On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot >Refresh your PC.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Reinstall windows 10 without losing data

my laptop currently windows 10 won't boot into desktop or in login screen after I did some force shutdown by holding down power button.

What to do?

These are the steps I performed

1. Bootrec /fixmbr

2. Bootrec /fixboot

3. Bootrec /rebuildbcd

4. Chkdsk c: /f /r /x

in step 4, I've got an error in step 2 then i close the cmd in advanced boot options.

now my question is, what other method should I need to do without losing my very important data inside my drive?

is system repairing using a bootable disk can be use? withput losing data?

Cris MarkSotto, Nov 9, 2019
  4. How do I reinstall Windows without losing any data.

XP reinstall Qs

You can just format the partition that windows is on, without losing data in the other partitions. You will have to reinstall all of your programs and games though.

blacktruckryder, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

How do I reinstall Windows without losing any data.

1. How do I reinstall Windows without losing any data. - Similar Threads - reinstall without losing

2. How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??: my pc had a problem where the screen is blank and theres a blinking underscore on the top left corner, i thought its temporary until i learnt its a bigger problem, they say to reinstall windows 10 so i tried with a bootable usb, but the upgrade option is not available because...
  3. How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??: my pc had a problem where the screen is blank and theres a blinking underscore on the top left corner, i thought its temporary until i learnt its a bigger problem, they say to reinstall windows 10 so i tried with a bootable usb, but the upgrade option is not available because...
  4. How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows without losing data: If I use media creation tool - upgrade this pc now, then it will keep my apps and files?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-without-losing-data/3c3f5739-b3c1-401e-8b1b-b7fbd8f51743
  6. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall Windows without losing data: If I use media creation tool - upgrade this pc now, then it will keep my apps and files?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-without-losing-data/3c3f5739-b3c1-401e-8b1b-b7fbd8f51743
  7. Reinstall Windows without losing data

8. Reinstall Windows in C drive without losing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows in C drive without losing data: I'm using Windows 10 Pro and I can't repair corrupt files, so I want to reinstall Windows 10 again using media creation tool. I'm using only one drive C drive as I have 237 GB SSD. Furthermore, I had not done any partition. Only one C drive. So if I use media creation tool →...
  9. Reinstall Win 10 without losing data

Reinstall Win 10 without losing data: Please direct me to a relevant tutorial so that I can reinstall Windows 10 without losing anything on my computer. I hav Macrium so imaging the C drive isn't a problem. 163886
  10. How to reinstall windows without losing data, Debian installed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to reinstall windows without losing data, Debian installed: Hello I've had a lot of problems with Linux and Windows. I am in great danger I installed debian after somedays the windows doesn't start-up & the troubleshooting is not working. All the advance options are not working to fix it. Then i installed Windows setup in...