Windows 10: How do I reinstall Windows without losing any data.

Discus and support How do I reinstall Windows without losing any data. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bustedcondomdisaster [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bustedcondomdisaster, Nov 9, 2019.

1. How do I reinstall Windows without losing any data.

/u/bustedcondomdisaster, Nov 9, 2019
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Reinstall windows 10 without losing data

Hi Chris,

It is important to know what was the result of running chkdsk, as this will help us determine if this is a possible hard drive failure. Can you tell us what was the result of chkdsk?

However, if the result did not find any errors, then you can check for corruption in the system files that is preventing your computer from booting up. We suggest that you run the System File Checker tool to address this. Use the installation media to run
    the tool.

• Connect the installation media to your computer and then turn it on.
    • On the initial setup screen, enter your language and other preferences, and then select Next. If you're not seeing the setup screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer's website for info on how
      to change your PC's boot order, and then try again.
    • Select Repair your computer. On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Command prompt.
    • Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.

• Once done, restart the computer.
    If still your computer is unable to boot up, then we recommend you refresh your PC. You're not going to lose any files as long as you choose this option. However, we cannot guarantee that you're not going to lose any programs. To do this , follow these steps:

• Connect the installation media to your computer and then turn it on.
    • Select Repair your computer. On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot >Refresh your PC.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Reinstall windows 10 without losing data

my laptop currently windows 10 won't boot into desktop or in login screen after I did some force shutdown by holding down power button.

What to do?

These are the steps I performed

1. Bootrec /fixmbr

2. Bootrec /fixboot

3. Bootrec /rebuildbcd

4. Chkdsk c: /f /r /x

in step 4, I've got an error in step 2 then i close the cmd in advanced boot options.

now my question is, what other method should I need to do without losing my very important data inside my drive?

is system repairing using a bootable disk can be use? withput losing data?

Cris MarkSotto, Nov 9, 2019
  4. How do I reinstall Windows without losing any data.

XP reinstall Qs

You can just format the partition that windows is on, without losing data in the other partitions. You will have to reinstall all of your programs and games though.

blacktruckryder, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

How do I reinstall Windows without losing any data.

1. How do I reinstall Windows without losing any data. - Similar Threads - reinstall without losing

2. How to change microsoft accounts without losing data.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change microsoft accounts without losing data.: I want to change from a parents account to my account without losing any of my saved data on my drive, how would i do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-microsoft-accounts-without-losing/9c20aabb-94fb-4045-b01b-36860bd7d8ca"
  3. How to convert Mbr to Gpt without losing data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to convert Mbr to Gpt without losing data?: Hi I want to convert my disk from Mbr to Gpt . Because i want to install Windows 10 64 bit and it requires Gpt partition. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-mbr-to-gpt-without-losing-data/4655f5b7-8d72-455f-8af4-e73cf9aa3d2b
  4. Reset my windows without losing my data

Reset my windows without losing my data: When I Update my windows it shows that your computer is running in audit mode. and in registry editor it shows this, please help me in resetting my windows settings.[ATTACH]...
  5. Convert MBR to GPT Without Data Losing..

Convert MBR to GPT Without Data Losing..: Can I Convert MBR to GPT Without Losing My Data??? Please Help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-mbr-to-gpt-without-data-losing/f740bfcf-b5ed-4deb-b813-3787e025f048
  6. Reinstall win 10 on a new ssd for my laptop without losing data.

Reinstall win 10 on a new ssd for my laptop without losing data.: Hey, my win 10 is running on a old HDD, an I would like to install it on my new SSD. How do I do that without losing data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-win-10-on-a-new-ssd-for-my-laptop/a1d622a4-2cd3-4579-8cca-9e911bfab703
  7. How to convert Mbr to Gpt without losing data?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to convert Mbr to Gpt without losing data?: Hi guys.I want to convert my disk from Mbr to Gpt ... Because i want to install Windows 10 64 bit and it requires Gpt partition... I tried to convert it by easeus partition master but the "Convert mbr to gpt" isn't available for me because my windows is 32 bit ... Is there...
  8. BSOD - fix without losing data

BSOD - fix without losing data: I had the awful issue with the power cable not being recognised on my laptop. This has happened before and a restore worked. This time it didn't, so I uninstalled the drivers for the charger, and restarted the computer as they will then reinstall. It stated to shut down and...
  9. How do i reinstall Windows on my laptop without loosing any data? I cannot boot into the...

How do i reinstall Windows on my laptop without loosing any data? I cannot boot into the...: Hello, I made a huge mistake of editing my msconfig and changing the maximum memory and now I cant boot up my laptop. So the best option i know is to reinstall windows. So... how do i reinstall Windows on my laptop without loosing any data? I cannot boot into the laptop,...
  10. How do I change the hard drive without losing the Windows install.

How do I change the hard drive without losing the Windows install.: My girlfriends computer has a hard drive that shows as having faults on the computer health scan. I would like to swap out the hard drive for another but obviously don't want to lose the Windows 10 installation. The computer had Windows 8 pre-installed and she later upgraded...