Windows 10: How do I remotely lock my device?

Discus and support How do I remotely lock my device? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I went to Microsoft's "find my device", and it found where I had been using it, but nothing in the 8 hours since then. I read that I could lock my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/I-Am-Electric, Aug 20, 2020.

1. How do I remotely lock my device?

I went to Microsoft's "find my device", and it found where I had been using it, but nothing in the 8 hours since then. I read that I could lock my device from that find my device page. But I see no such option. How do I lock it?

submitted by /u/I-Am-Electric
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/I-Am-Electric, Aug 20, 2020
  2. cm134 Win User

Unlock device after remotely locked

Hi There,

I am wondering what is the step to do to unlock a Surface Book device that I have locked it remotely? Is the other user can still sign in after I lock it remotely?

I have it with my staff right now, but I need to lock it since his contract is over before he could return it to the office.

cm134, Aug 20, 2020
  3. E63 - Memory Corrupted - Due to Device Lock / Remote Lock

follow up to my previous post:

yesterday i encountered my first experience with memory corrupted problem.

as flae63's suggestion, i disabled the lock device and remote lock functionality, change the password to the original of 123456, remove the memory card, then restore it.

today i got the same problem: memory corrupted.

the lock device and remote lock have been disabled. so there must be something else causing this problem.

any response from nokia regarding this problem?

doremifasol---01, Aug 20, 2020
  4. How do I remotely lock my device?

Remote lock

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in signing in to your device with the PIN authentication.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. What happens when you try to sign with the PIN?
    2. Do you have an option to sign in with the password?
    3. May I know what you exactly mean by “Locked laptop remotely with my account”?

As you have mentioned you got it back and you are not able to get into it, I would suggest you to refer the article on
    Find and lock a lost Windows device,
    please check the section "Lock your Windows device remotely after locating it:" and check if it is helpful to you.

If you are facing an issue with signing into your system using the PIN that you assigned, please refer the article
    PIN sign-in issues
    for more information.

However, if this doesn't resolve your issue and you are facing an issue with logging into your system, please reply to this thread with more information, we will look into this for you.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

How do I remotely lock my device?

1. How do I remotely lock my device? - Similar Threads - remotely lock device

2. how can i unlock my remotedly locked device ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i unlock my remotedly locked device ?: hello, i accidentally locked my device remotely and i want to get access but every time i want to access my device it shows that only the administrator will get access although i am the administrator....
  3. how can i unlock my remotedly locked device ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i unlock my remotedly locked device ?: hello, i accidentally locked my device remotely and i want to get access but every time i want to access my device it shows that only the administrator will get access although i am the administrator....
  4. how do I unlock my remote locked pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I unlock my remote locked pc?: How do you unlock the pc that's been locked? I can't reboot to do a system restore at all. Power cycling. F8. Shift l. Shift restart. Nothing works for that. I am the administrator of my pc, I have logged in on my android phone. That's the extent of that I am able to find......
  5. how do I unlock my remote locked pc?

how do I unlock my remote locked pc?: How do you unlock the pc that's been locked? I can't reboot to do a system restore at all. Power cycling. F8. Shift l. Shift restart. Nothing works for that. I am the administrator of my pc, I have logged in on my android phone. That's the extent of that I am able to find......
  6. How do I lock my laptop remotely. I don't see the lock option on find yr device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I lock my laptop remotely. I don't see the lock option on find yr device: I need to lock my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-lock-my-laptop-remotely-i-dont-see-the/885a6926-9de2-42b7-a874-427f8556f7fc
  7. How do I lock my laptop remotely. I don't see the lock option on find yr device

How do I lock my laptop remotely. I don't see the lock option on find yr device: I need to lock my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-lock-my-laptop-remotely-i-dont-see-the/885a6926-9de2-42b7-a874-427f8556f7fc
  8. How do I lock my laptop remotely. I don't see the lock option on find yr device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. remotely lock device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remotely lock device: i want to log out all current users and remotely lock device without having find my device turned on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remotely-lock-device/4c4b69b9-32f1-401d-a547-7e61d870373d
  10. How do I remove a lock on a device remotely. My kid got in trouble and I locked the device,...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove a lock on a device remotely. My kid got in trouble and I locked the device,...: How do I remove a lock on a device remotely. My kid got in trouble and I locked the device, now I cannot figure out how to remove the lock remotely...