Windows 10: How do I remove 2-step verification when signing into Gmail

Discus and support How do I remove 2-step verification when signing into Gmail in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do I remove 2-step verification when signing into Gmail* Moved from Internet Explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DavidStudlock, Nov 21, 2022.

1. How do I remove 2-step verification when signing into Gmail

How do I remove 2-step verification when signing into Gmail* Moved from Internet Explorer

:)

DavidStudlock, Nov 21, 2022
  2. Megahertz Win User

Outlook & Gmail requires two-step verification

I have used the procedure described on Outlook and 2-Step Verification for Gmail accounts - MSOutlook.info (two-step verification + create an app id password) to access Gmail POP3 from Outlook 2010.
    Now I have two passwords
    - A password created by me to access Gmail on a browser
    - A password created by Gmail to be used on Outlook (where does two-step verification comes in I don't know as Outlook works the same way as before)

Megahertz, Nov 21, 2022
  3. Callender Win User

You just need to enable 2FA but use the generated app id passwords (one per gmail account) as your gmail passwords in outlook.

Messages should load fine. The only time you will see 2FA is if you sign in on another device or app where you haven't created an app id password.

Callender, Nov 21, 2022
  4. tjg79 Win User

How do I remove 2-step verification when signing into Gmail

I'm running Win 10 Pro on an HP notebook with Office 365. I use Outlook to send and receive email from my gmail and yahoo email accounts.

Today I noticed that Outlook couldn't access gmail. I can access gmail with my browser and android phone no problem.

I contacted Microsoft Support and the first rep fixed the problem by generating an app password and two-step verification. I removed the two-step verification, and the problem reoccured.

I contacted Microsoft Support again and the rep could not get Outlook to send and receive gmail unless two-step verifciation was active. The two-step verification is a pain in the ass.

I'd like to find a way to continue using Outlook for gmail, but I don't want the hassle of two-step verifcation.

I think Microsoft and Google ought to fix this issue. I don't think you should need a smart phone to use Outlook.

Does anyone know of a solution that doesn't require two-step verification?

tjg79, Nov 21, 2022
Thema:

How do I remove 2-step verification when signing into Gmail

1. How do I remove 2-step verification when signing into Gmail - Similar Threads - remove step verification

2. 2-STEP VERIFICATION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2-STEP VERIFICATION: Hi, hope you can help?I am spending way too much time signing in to my Microsoft Account. Frankly, 2-Step verification is sensible to some but, NOT for everyone! I work from home.. I don't need it.. but I am asked to ssign in, enter password, then verify on my phone so, I...
  3. 2-STEP VERIFICATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2-STEP VERIFICATION: Hi, hope you can help?I am spending way too much time signing in to my Microsoft Account. Frankly, 2-Step verification is sensible to some but, NOT for everyone! I work from home.. I don't need it.. but I am asked to ssign in, enter password, then verify on my phone so, I...
  4. How do I remove 2-step verification when signing into Gmail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove 2-step verification when signing into Gmail: How do I remove 2-step verification when signing into Gmail* Moved from Internet Explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-2-step-verification-when-signing/befeb62c-60ac-43d5-a101-d59794758b9c
  5. 2 step verification fail. Deleted cookies

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 step verification fail. Deleted cookies: Hi AllNew to this "community"thing so hope i respond accurately to answers.Recently raveleed to the UK, and had to use a hotel provider fr the internet. As a precaution when i left i deleted history and cookies etc as I was not sure how safe the network was.However, now I...
  6. How do I change my 2-Step Verification?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I change my 2-Step Verification?: In the past, when I logged into Gmail, the 2-Step Verification page came up & I used the Google Authenticator App (on my phone) to get my code & then I was let into my account. But for the last few weeks, when I log into Gmail, a code is automatically sent to my phone & I do...
  7. Install freezes at 2-step verification

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install freezes at 2-step verification: My computer suddenly failed and I could not boot into windows or get to a command prompt booting from a usb stick. I ordered a new SSD and am trying to do a clean install. For the third time I’m stuck at the Help us protect your info screen. MS sent a code to my cell phone...
  8. How can I turn off the 2 step verification code and just sign in??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I turn off the 2 step verification code and just sign in??: Tired of the 2 step,Why can't I just use my password?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-turn-off-the-2-step-verification-code/d2991882-5f1f-4799-80e9-007dfb2de1e0"
  9. how do i have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up: How can I have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-have-my-computer-use-2-step-verification/84a74da8-2af3-49ff-af62-60824d50590f"
  10. Stop Constant gmail 2 step verification requests on android

in Browsers and Email
    Stop Constant gmail 2 step verification requests on android: I have 5 gmail accounts. I use both Firefox and Chrome browsers on my desktop. I use the X-notifier email app. Every time I open either browser, I get multiple verification requests on my android phone asking if it is me trying to accesss two or three of my accounts. Not...