Windows 10: how do i remove a application from a extension

Discus and support how do i remove a application from a extension in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have notepad set to a extension and I want to remove it because I cannot use the extension in the correct way with it. It needs to be 'choose a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xXEliteChoasXx, Nov 29, 2019.

1. how do i remove a application from a extension

I have notepad set to a extension and I want to remove it because I cannot use the extension in the correct way with it. It needs to be 'choose a default' and I don't know how to remove it. Every place I search is too complicated.

Thanks.

:)

xXEliteChoasXx, Nov 29, 2019

2. Cannot install Edge extension Translator

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with installing Edge extension translator. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

• Open Powershell as admin.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage *pocket* | Remove-AppxPackage" without the quotes this will unsintall pocket. You can try skipping step 3.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}" without the quotes.

this will reinstall all stock apps including the Windows Store
    • Now you should be able to install Pocket through the Windows Store.

Note: Replace *pocket* in step 2 with *extensionname* (example: pocket extension).

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Cannot install extensions in Edge

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your time.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Open Powershell as admin.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage *pocket* | Remove-AppxPackage" without the quotes this will unsintall pocket. You can try skipping step 3.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}" without the quotes.

this will reinstall all stock apps including the Windows Store
    • Now you should be able to install Pocket through the Windows Store.
    Note: Replace *pocket* in step 2 with *extensionname* (example: pocket extension).

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

how do i remove a application from a extension

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

how do i remove a application from a extension

1. how do i remove a application from a extension - Similar Threads - remove application extension

2. How to remove the "Opens with" application for an extension?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove the "Opens with" application for an extension?: I mistakenly selected an application to open any file with the '.py' extension. Now any file with '.py' as an extension is opened by that application. I'd like to remove the application and return to "Not selected" or whatever it is when an application is not selected. How do...
  3. How to remove the "Opens with" application for an extension?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove the "Opens with" application for an extension?: I mistakenly selected an application to open any file with the '.py' extension. Now any file with '.py' as an extension is opened by that application. I'd like to remove the application and return to "Not selected" or whatever it is when an application is not selected. How do...
  4. How to remove the "Opens with" application for an extension?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to remove a file extension.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove a file extension.: Hi. I have temporarily installed one program, and I uninstalled it after it wasn't needed, but it said it could not remove a file extension association, which is an .anydesk file. When I create one myself, the icon becomes a default executable icon, and it says it opens with...
  6. How to remove a file extension.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a file extension.: Hi. I have temporarily installed one program, and I uninstalled it after it wasn't needed, but it said it could not remove a file extension association, which is an .anydesk file. When I create one myself, the icon becomes a default executable icon, and it says it opens with...
  7. How to remove a file extension.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How do I remove the black border from Windows 10 applications?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I remove the black border from Windows 10 applications?: [ATTACH] Above, an image that shows a Windows 10 application with a black border when focused. How do I fix this issue? Before you answer, take into account that I did already look through my narrator settings and it is disabled. This has been an issue ever since 5 years...
  9. How do I remove this popup generator? I removed extension from Chrome but it lives on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove this popup generator? I removed extension from Chrome but it lives on: How do I remove this popup generator? I removed extension from Chrome but it lives on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/quickmapsanddirections/e25dad1f-2dee-4348-be1d-6d5a5b072857
  10. how do I remove an application startup password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do I remove an application startup password: when I try to start up applications I get prompted for an application passcode.. How can I get rid of this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-remove-an-application-startup-password/655026a5-7865-435a-bd82-dfc82dd0b1cf"