Windows 10: how do I remove a device from app and game limits

Discus and support how do I remove a device from app and game limits in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have set my family settings up so that my son can have 30 minutes xbox a night. the problem is that his computer, which he uses for schoolwork etc is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by chasable76, Sep 17, 2020.

1. how do I remove a device from app and game limits

I have set my family settings up so that my son can have 30 minutes xbox a night. the problem is that his computer, which he uses for schoolwork etc is also linked to 'limits will apply to' device list. I have logged into his account and removed his computer from his account but it still shows up under my login within the family settings. It is clear how to add a device , but I cannot see how to remove a device within the family settings. please help as he cannot get onto his xbox as his time has always been used up due to his computer usage and I only want to control his xbox usage

:)

chasable76, Sep 17, 2020

2. Phantom device(s) under Family } Apps & Game Limits

Under my Family (Safety) tab of Microsoft account, if I go to Apps & Game Limits subtab it shows a list of devices these limits will apply to. My child should have access to 4 devices and they are on there listed correctly. However, there are two additional
    device icons (for a total of 6 devices listed here) with no names. One is in red. When I click on exclamation mark on that red device icon, nothing.
    Does anyone know how I can remove these two other phantom blank labeled device or device icons off this Apps & Game Limits device list or at the very least find out why they are there? Note: My Devices list is fine. These two ghost devices
    are ONLY appearing in the Apps & Game limits page. Also, I did unlink some old devices out of the Microsoft Store as well and now those device links are listed correctly in the store accounts. Appreciate any help.

silvergated11479, Sep 17, 2020
  3. ARC1020 Win User
    Device Limit Reached For Installing Apps & Games

Anyone else received this email from 'Microsoft Devices Team' <maccount[@]microsoft.com>? I haven't followed any of the links and logged in, however the links look legit, it doesn't appear to be a phishing email.

I seem to remember someone saying recently that apps from the Windows Store can only be downloaded and installed on up to 10 devices per Microsoft Account with Windows Ten (it was 81 devices per a Microsoft Account for Windows Eight). But I'm nowhere near that? Sent in error?

how do I remove a device from app and game limits [​IMG]

ARC1020, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Roffe39 Win User

how do I remove a device from app and game limits

Device Limit Reached

Same here. Got mail from Microsoft Team Advice (?): "It looks like you've reached your device limit for installing apps and games from the Store on your Windows 10 device. If you want to install apps and games from the Store on another Windows 10 device,
    remove a device from the device list." Have only one device on my device list - the one I´m using (Lenovo laptop). Cannot install new app. What to do?

Roffe39, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

how do I remove a device from app and game limits

1. how do I remove a device from app and game limits - Similar Threads - remove device app

2. How do I remove screen time limits

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I remove screen time limits: Can’t seem to remover the time limits on my kids Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-screen-time-limits/f811fd83-6ff3-4443-8f98-09f5c85e8c97
  3. How do I remove screen time limits

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove screen time limits: Can’t seem to remover the time limits on my kids Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-screen-time-limits/f811fd83-6ff3-4443-8f98-09f5c85e8c97
  4. How do I remove screen time limits

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. You’re at the limit for the number of devices that can be used with games and apps from the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    You’re at the limit for the number of devices that can be used with games and apps from the...: I've recently rebuild my PC. Installed Halo MCC from the xbox app but when I try and launch it I was prompted with "You’re at the limit for the number of devices that can be used with games and apps from the Store." I cleared out old devices/PCs. There are currently 4...
  6. removed device still appears in microsoft family 'app and game limits' tab

removed device still appears in microsoft family 'app and game limits' tab: In Microsoft Family under the tab 'app and game limits' I have four devices that have been removed. The apps on these old devices are all still being listed even though the device no longer exists. It is a real pain since the devices all have the same name. I want to add a...
  7. You’re at the limit for the number of devices that can be used with games and apps from the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You’re at the limit for the number of devices that can be used with games and apps from the...: this is not fake i can send you proof if you need me too today i was getting on minecraft 1 to 10 device limit and the error popped up. any help?...
  8. App and game limits - how is it calculated?

App and game limits - how is it calculated?: When I specify that Game A can use 1.5 hours and Game B can use 1.5 hours, does that mean: - Each game can be played for 1.5 hours or - Combined gaming time is 1.5 hours My goal is to set time limits for gaming and allow my son to play any of his installed games within...
  9. App and game limits

App and game limits: Hello. I have set 4 hours maximum for the Fornite app on my son´s PC. But this rule is clearly not being applied, as shown by the attached activity screenshot. Any idea what the issue might be? Thanks! [ATTACH]...
  10. Device Limit Reached For Installing Apps & Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Limit Reached For Installing Apps & Games: Anyone else received this email from 'Microsoft Devices Team' <maccount[@]microsoft.com>? I haven't followed any of the links and logged in, however the links look legit, it doesn't appear to be a phishing email. Hi, It looks like you've reached your device limit for...