Windows 10: How do I remove a file from Onedrive without deleting it from my pc?

Discus and support How do I remove a file from Onedrive without deleting it from my pc? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As per the title. Thanks in advance.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cougar Ric, Mar 23, 2020.

1. How do I remove a file from Onedrive without deleting it from my pc?

As per the title. Thanks in advance.

:)

Cougar Ric, Mar 23, 2020

2. Why were SMART Files Removed from OneDrive in Windows 10?

Technical Level : Basic

Summary

This article details why SMART files, also known as placeholder files, were removed from OneDrive in Windows 10.

Details

OneDrive has gone through many changes in Windows 10, most notably the removal of SMART files (placeholder files) from OneDrive. They still exist in Windows 8.1, however they were removed, hopefully temporarily, from OneDrive in Windows 10 because of the
    fragmented sync engines between OneDrive on Windows 7/Mac, OneDrive on Windows 8.1, and OneDrive for Business. The following article details what changes the OneDrive team made and why they made them:

Taking the Next Step in
    OneDrive

From a development point of view, it's a much better approach to consolidate their codebase, but from a user point of view, it's very frustrating.

Like many of us, if you want that feature back, please vote for it here on the OneDrive UserVoice page:

OneDrive UserVoice: "Sync online only" for Ondrive

Getting Started with OneDrive and Choosing Folders

To get started with OneDrive in Windows 10, please review these pages to familiarize yourself with the tools new processes:

Since you cannot choose which files are Available Online-only and Available Offline, you can choose the folders you want to sync. Review these two pages:

stanimal21, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Mar 23, 2020
  4. makednoce Win User

How do I remove a file from Onedrive without deleting it from my pc?

Onedrive deleted all my files

I had list of songs in folder named MP3. (all removed)
    I had 500GB movies in Movies folder. (all removed)
    I had 500GB games in folder named Games. (not all games were removed, some of them)

They were sent in my trash bin when i restarted my PC.
    My ondrive folder at microsoft was empty.

makednoce, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

How do I remove a file from Onedrive without deleting it from my pc?

1. How do I remove a file from Onedrive without deleting it from my pc? - Similar Threads - remove file Onedrive

2. How do I delete files from my Laptop without the deleting from my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete files from my Laptop without the deleting from my PC: I recently bought a laptop for school, and synced my one drive but now all my apps on on my laptops home page. Just wondering how I can remove those apps without losing them on my gaming PC...
  3. How do I delete files from my Laptop without the deleting from my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete files from my Laptop without the deleting from my PC: I recently bought a laptop for school, and synced my one drive but now all my apps on on my laptops home page. Just wondering how I can remove those apps without losing them on my gaming PC...
  4. How I delete things from onedrive without deleting them from pc?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How I delete things from onedrive without deleting them from pc?: I deleted lots of things recently because ondrive was almost full but noticed some things on my pc were put on the recycle bin which I fortunately could retrieve but why would some things be removed from pc and some not? I played a game after deleted lots of files on onedrive...
  5. How I delete things from onedrive without deleting them from pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How I delete things from onedrive without deleting them from pc?: I deleted lots of things recently because ondrive was almost full but noticed some things on my pc were put on the recycle bin which I fortunately could retrieve but why would some things be removed from pc and some not? I played a game after deleted lots of files on onedrive...
  6. How I delete things from onedrive without deleting them from pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How can I remove a folder from OneDrive sync without deleting it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove a folder from OneDrive sync without deleting it: Hello,I have a 4GB Virtual Machines folder in my Documents folder, and OneDrive is complaining and sending notifications every 10 minutes.I read on the support articles on how to remove a folder from sync, but all that does is delete the folder from my computer and keep it in...
  8. how do i remove an app from my desktop without deleting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i remove an app from my desktop without deleting: Please tell me how i can remove an app from my desktop without deleting it thanks submitted by /u/Misterboidoi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mdt0rf/how_do_i_remove_an_app_from_my_desktop_without/
  9. How can I remove something from OneDrive without deleting it on my computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I remove something from OneDrive without deleting it on my computer?: It’s seriously frustrating. I have a folder on my local computer with a few files that are too big to sync, but OneDrive tries anyways. If I try to exclude the folder from syncing I get an error because the files aren’t synced yet. Of course they aren’t. I’ve read that I...
  10. How do I remove an account from MY pc without deleting the acco. .

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I remove an account from MY pc without deleting the acco. .: My sister logged on her microsoft account this week and I want to remove in from MY computer without deleting the account or any files of any kind on that account so that she can log on her account at school with all her files but the account wont be on MY computer. Can you...