Windows 10: How do I remove a Hidden Network

Discus and support How do I remove a Hidden Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In an effort to be more secure I created a hidden network that is not allowing me to connect to any hotspots, how do I remove the hidden network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nothingbutttees, Feb 13, 2019.

1. How do I remove a Hidden Network

In an effort to be more secure I created a hidden network that is not allowing me to connect to any hotspots, how do I remove the hidden network

:)

Nothingbutttees, Feb 13, 2019

2. Delete "hidden network"

Hi,

Deleting or Blocking available networks can only be done using Command Prompt. Follow the steps below:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Type netsh wlan add filter permission=block ssid="WLAN name"
      networtype=infrastructure (Replace WLAN name with "hidden network" or the name of the wireless network you want to block) and press
      Enter.
    • Close Command Prompt.
    To remove/delete the network from the block list. Replace "add" with "delete" on the command in step two.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Hidden Network - Where is it - How do I delete it?

Hello,

To assist you with your concern, we need to know some additional information:

• Have you tried connecting to that hidden network before?
    • what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

You can also check the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    link
    about hidden network.

For further assistance, feel free to post us back.

Remon Ont, Feb 13, 2019
  4. How do I remove a Hidden Network

Delete "hidden network"

I have a network named "hidden network" in my list of wireless networks. This network is not mine and it is not secured. (it is marked as Open)

I want to remove the risk of accidentally connecting to this network, as I do not know what it is.

Secondly, I want to remove it because it is there and it should not.

So does anyone know how to remove it and/or prevent it from being a possible choice?

The network is not showing under the "Manage known networks" in the Network & internet/WiFi section.

The network is not showing in the list produced by the Command "netsh wlan show profiles" executed from an administrator Command prompt.

The only place I see this Network is in "Show available networks"

One more detail: In the "Show available networks" list, this network is shown with a shield icon containing an exclamation point.

Help to remove this network entry would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

QuestionBeetle, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

How do I remove a Hidden Network

1. How do I remove a Hidden Network - Similar Threads - remove Hidden Network

2. How do I remove all these hidden icons from the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove all these hidden icons from the taskbar?: Hi, how do I remove multiple hidden icons from the task bar?I am unable to attach the screenshot directly, so I have attached a link of the screenshot instead:https://ibb.co/2FK2831Thanks in advance....
  3. How do I remove all these hidden icons from the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove all these hidden icons from the taskbar?: Hi, how do I remove multiple hidden icons from the task bar?I am unable to attach the screenshot directly, so I have attached a link of the screenshot instead:https://ibb.co/2FK2831Thanks in advance....
  4. How do I remove all these hidden icons from the taskbar?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Hidden Network?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hidden Network?: I noticed this available network called hidden network appear. What is strange is It’s signal is as strong as my network cropped out so it’s not pictured see image. I am unable to access it as I never set it up to begin with. I am not sure I ever noticed it before. How do I...
  6. Hidden Network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hidden Network: There is a Hidden Network that I am automatically connecting to as well as my own. When I uncheck the 'Connect Automatically' button, it goes right back to a check. When I right click on the network, it only gives me the option to connect - not forget. When checking my...
  7. how do you remove networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do you remove networks: how do you remove networks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-remove-networks/c552fc81-542f-44ee-baba-d909f1489beb
  8. how do i delete hidden network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i delete hidden network: how do i remove an hidden network from my computer since someone has done something to my internet connection so it is now slower than normal i recently came onto my pc when i noticed "hidden connection" on my pc so i think this is the problem how do i remove it theres no...
  9. Hidden Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hidden Network: My laptop is automatically connecting to a "hidden network". I've never used a hidden network before and have never seen it displayed before. When I uncheck the "connect automatically" box it will just go back to being checked. I am also not able to scroll up to connect to my...
  10. How to remove hidden icons

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove hidden icons: ok so i have googled this problem but all i can find is several different links on how to choose what icons that appeasr on your taskbar and thats not what i wanna do. i wanna close down or at least hide the programs that i have in my hidden icons area how do i do that?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove a hidden network

2. delete a hidden network on computer

3. how to remove the hidden network

4. how do i remove a hidden netowrk windows 1,
  5. how to remove hidden networks,
  6. how to delete a hidden network,
  7. delete hidden networks