Windows 10: How do I remove a keyboard?

Discus and support How do I remove a keyboard? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; At the last update, Windows has added a new keyboard, but I can't see how to delete it. The region is UK English and actual keyboard is Swiss German,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Roger761, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Roger761 Win User

How do I remove a keyboard?

At the last update, Windows has added a new keyboard, but I can't see how to delete it.

The region is UK English and actual keyboard is Swiss German, but there is now also a UK English keyboard, to which it randomly switches.

In Settings: Time & Language > Language > Preferred languages and select English (United Kingdom) > Options, where I would expect to remove keyboards, it only shows Swiss German, not the UK English one I would like to remove.

:)

Roger761, Aug 7, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Cannot remove Keyboard Layout

Hi,

It is possible that you need to configure your keyboard layout that is why you still see it in the list even you already remove it. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

thread
    provided by DikkeryDok last October 27, 2017 to remove the specific keyboard layout you are referring to.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Remove language from the keyboard

Hi,

I follow all the steps listed here. However, the "Remove" button is not active

How can I activate the button?

Step 1: System
    Settings window.

1. Press Windows logo + I keys on the keyboard to open
      Settings
      page.
    2. Click on Time & language from the options and select
      Region & language
      from the left side panel of the window.
    3. Click on the keyboard language you want to remove under Languages and click on
      Remove.
    4. Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

גדיאלוני, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I remove a keyboard? - Similar Threads - remove keyboard

2. Removing a language keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing a language keyboard: How can one remove a language keyboard? The MS instructions online are from 2016 and don't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-a-language-keyboard/824f449a-3307-445b-a6b0-130890614f5f
  3. Can't find second keyboard layout in settings to remove.

Can't find second keyboard layout in settings to remove.: I had English display language and Estonian keyboard layout. After windows update the English keyboard layout also came. When I try to remove the english keyboard from settings I can't find it. [ATTACH]...
  4. 1903 Update Added US Keyboard - How do I remove it

1903 Update Added US Keyboard - How do I remove it: I just installed the windows 1903 update and it seems to have added the US English keyboard, even though my system is UK English. I'm now seeing the language selector in my taskbar with two options, UK English and US English. How do I get rid of the US English keyboard? I...
  5. How to delete or remove keyboard layout?

How to delete or remove keyboard layout?: I wanna remove Bangla (India) keyboard layout from language preference, How to do that??[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-or-remove-keyboard-layout/677deeb0-50bd-43bf-b201-bc69e17b920c
  6. How do I remove second language keyboard layout?

How do I remove second language keyboard layout?: My computer runs English , but has a Norwegian keyboard layout. When I reinstalled Windows 10 on Saturday I did what I always do, I removed the secondary language, and Windows 10 only has Norwegian (Eng NO) now. But, if I accidentally hit Win+Space, it changes to English (Eng...
  7. Removing a language keyboard

Removing a language keyboard: Hey, would love to remove a language keyboard from my computer, currently on my language settings only english appears, but I have two keyboard layouts, one for english and the unwanted keyboard is "Afrikan," now I have no idea how it appeared but it's there. I tried to...
  8. Windows 10 keeps adding AZERTY keyboard even if I periodically remove it...

Windows 10 keeps adding AZERTY keyboard even if I periodically remove it...: Hi, First of all, I want to complain that Windows 10 is the most invasive, obstructive and opaque OS from Microsoft ever. Moreover, my Microsoft account is made with an old email I used for games when I was 13 and I don't want to create a newer outlook email, nor do I want...
  9. Unable to remove a 'default' language/keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to remove a 'default' language/keyboard layout: I keep having an annoying problem. I have only 1 language with 1 keyboard layout in Language settings [img] But the system keep changing keyboard layout (when restarting or resuming from sleep) Indeed, if I press WIN+SPACE I can see both layouts! [img] I can I remove...
  10. How completely remove unneccessary keyboard?

How completely remove unneccessary keyboard?: I have replaced ЙЦУКЕН Russian keyboard with keyboard typewriter. I have delete any other keyboards and have only 2: Russian typewriter and English standart. Keyboards is switched by alt + shift hot key. But sometimes old Russian keyboard "alive" and for switching between...