Windows 10: How do I remove a language?

Discus and support How do I remove a language? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Im supposed to only have 3 languages on my pc, English, Japanese and Spanish, but when I press windows key + space I suddenly have 3 variations of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rev9203, Jun 23, 2021.

1. rev9203 Win User

How do I remove a language?

Im supposed to only have 3 languages on my pc, English, Japanese and Spanish, but when I press windows key + space I suddenly have 3 variations of Spanish? Does anyone know whats going on and how to remove them? thank you.

:)

rev9203, Jun 23, 2021

2. Language

Hi Sassy,

To remove the Croatian language in Windows 10, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app, select Time & Language, and click
      Region & Language
    • Under Add a language, select English, and click
      Set as default
    • Select the Croatian language and click Remove.
    • Close the Settings app, restart the computer, and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, Jun 23, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    ?remove language from language list in language indicator

Hi Mahamedsamy,

Follow the steps below and check if you are able to remove language.

• Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Region & language.
    • Select a language and click on Remove.
    Do let us know the status. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 23, 2021
  4. How do I remove a language?

Removing Language

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

1. From the Start menu, search for powershell.

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList

$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq "<languagecode>"

$LangList.Remove($MarkedLang)

Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force

Andre Da Costa, Jun 23, 2021
Thema:

How do I remove a language?

1. How do I remove a language? - Similar Threads - remove language

2. Remove Windows Display Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Windows Display Language: In Windows 11 > Time & Language > Language & Region > Windows Display LanguageHow do I remove/unistall another language? Here is an image of what it's happening:https://imgur.com/a/Wu8P6VYIf I click on the 3 dots of Spanish Chile the remove option is disabled....
  3. Remove Windows Display Language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Windows Display Language: In Windows 11 > Time & Language > Language & Region > Windows Display LanguageHow do I remove/unistall another language? Here is an image of what it's happening:https://imgur.com/a/Wu8P6VYIf I click on the 3 dots of Spanish Chile the remove option is disabled....
  4. How to remove second language and secondary keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove second language and secondary keyboard: Hi,I need to help to remove a secondary language and secondary keyboard on my PC.When I go to Language and Settings the FR language is shaded and also the FR language.I also get a popup indicating the WCLD11.dll is missing. I reinstalled Windows using the 23H2 Repair Version...
  5. How to remove second language and secondary keyboard

How to remove second language and secondary keyboard: Hi,I need to help to remove a secondary language and secondary keyboard on my PC.When I go to Language and Settings the FR language is shaded and also the FR language.I also get a popup indicating the WCLD11.dll is missing. I reinstalled Windows using the 23H2 Repair Version...
  6. Can't remove language from the task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove language from the task bar: I have removed an unused language from the language preference setting but it still exists in the task bar. How can I remove it from the task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-remove-language-from-the-task-bar/ac507f7e-ff48-45de-a6b4-7f840f7d1d63
  7. Can't remove language from the task bar

Can't remove language from the task bar: I have removed an unused language from the language preference setting but it still exists in the task bar. How can I remove it from the task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-remove-language-from-the-task-bar/ac507f7e-ff48-45de-a6b4-7f840f7d1d63
  8. How can i remove English from my language list see picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i remove English from my language list see picture: Recently, windows has been adding random keyboards language inputs and random display languages to my computer, and i can get them off except EnglishSince the microsoft website too is broken, i cant upload files directly so i have to put linksImgur link to screenshots :...
  9. How can i remove English from my language list see picture

How can i remove English from my language list see picture: Recently, windows has been adding random keyboards language inputs and random display languages to my computer, and i can get them off except EnglishSince the microsoft website too is broken, i cant upload files directly so i have to put linksImgur link to screenshots :...
  10. unwanted input language layouts. how to remove?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unwanted input language layouts. how to remove?: hiI prefer my PC be in English, but I live in Finland, so I have only the Finnish keyboards to use.Windows however has decided that I must need the US layout, as well as the US Zimbabwe layout for some reason.it's really annoying since the language swaps sometimes and then...