Windows 10: How do I remove a lock on a device remotely. My kid got in trouble and I locked the device,...

Discus and support How do I remove a lock on a device remotely. My kid got in trouble and I locked the device,... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I remove a lock on a device remotely. My kid got in trouble and I locked the device, now I cannot figure out how to remove the lock remotely... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bienzfam, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Bienzfam Win User

How do I remove a lock on a device remotely. My kid got in trouble and I locked the device,...

How do I remove a lock on a device remotely. My kid got in trouble and I locked the device, now I cannot figure out how to remove the lock remotely

:)

Bienzfam, Dec 27, 2018

2. E63 - Memory Corrupted - Due to Device Lock / Remote Lock

follow up to my previous post:

yesterday i encountered my first experience with memory corrupted problem.

as flae63's suggestion, i disabled the lock device and remote lock functionality, change the password to the original of 123456, remove the memory card, then restore it.

today i got the same problem: memory corrupted.

the lock device and remote lock have been disabled. so there must be something else causing this problem.

any response from nokia regarding this problem?

doremifasol---01, Dec 27, 2018
  3. flae63 Win User
    E63 - Memory Corrupted - Due to Device Lock / Remote Lock

I have a brand new Nokia E63 (same as E71). My memory card is suddenly corrupted, but I managed to fix it. I believe the source of the problem is the Remote Lock and the Device Lock of the unit.

The problem started after I enabled the Device Lock and Remote Lock of my E63 unit. After a couple of hours, I tried opening my apps in the memory card. To my surprise, it's corrupted! I didn't panic because I'm confident I could retrieve the contents of the
    card with a memory reader device. But when I inserted my memory card to my PC, the card is unreadable. I had a feeling that the card must had been badly corrupted. But how? I just got this unit almost a day ago. I didn't do anything odd. I'm an OOP-Design
    Patterns oriented programmer so I'm not newbie when it comes to best practices.

As I searched the web, I found that there are people who encountered the same exact problem. And their guess is also the Device Lock.

So what I did is I disabled the Remote Lock and the Device Lock feature. I checked my memory card and it's still corrupted!

I turn off my unit and turn it on again, but sadly it's still corrupted!

I removed the memory card while the unit is on and then reinserted the card, and it worked.

In summary, to solve this memory corrupted problem, try disabling the Remote Lock and Device Lock feature. To disable the Device Lock, revert the password to "12345" (Do not type the quotes). Remove the memory card (Use the remove memory card feature of your
    unit!). Re-insert the card to your unit and problem should be fixed.

flae63, Dec 27, 2018
  4. TomCatXY Win User

How do I remove a lock on a device remotely. My kid got in trouble and I locked the device,...

Activate Device Lock (PIN Lock) Remotely (WM5/WM6)

How is it possible to activate the Device Lock in WM5/WM6 remotely?

My problem is, that I have about 1,000 devices in field which I want to lock on demand

Can anybody help me?

TomCatXY, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I remove a lock on a device remotely. My kid got in trouble and I locked the device,... - Similar Threads - remove lock device

2. how can i unlock my remotedly locked device ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i unlock my remotedly locked device ?: hello, i accidentally locked my device remotely and i want to get access but every time i want to access my device it shows that only the administrator will get access although i am the administrator....
  3. how can i unlock my remotedly locked device ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i unlock my remotedly locked device ?: hello, i accidentally locked my device remotely and i want to get access but every time i want to access my device it shows that only the administrator will get access although i am the administrator....
  4. Can't lock device remotely.

Can't lock device remotely.: I've lost my laptop.I've repeatedly tried to lock the device remotely but keep getting the message -"We can't lock your device right now. Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again." Does anyone know why this is happening.Thanks...
  5. How do I lock my laptop remotely. I don't see the lock option on find yr device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I lock my laptop remotely. I don't see the lock option on find yr device: I need to lock my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-lock-my-laptop-remotely-i-dont-see-the/885a6926-9de2-42b7-a874-427f8556f7fc
  6. How do I lock my laptop remotely. I don't see the lock option on find yr device

How do I lock my laptop remotely. I don't see the lock option on find yr device: I need to lock my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-lock-my-laptop-remotely-i-dont-see-the/885a6926-9de2-42b7-a874-427f8556f7fc
  7. How do I lock my laptop remotely. I don't see the lock option on find yr device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Remote device lock and unlock

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote device lock and unlock: I locked my laptop remotely from Microsoft account website through my desktop because I did not recognize it at first. The laptop now only shows a remote administrator message when I attempt to log in and does not allow any input. Just the default windows login screen, my...
  9. How do I remotely lock my device?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remotely lock my device?: I went to Microsoft's "find my device", and it found where I had been using it, but nothing in the 8 hours since then. I read that I could lock my device from that find my device page. But I see no such option. How do I lock it? submitted by /u/I-Am-Electric [link]...
  10. remotely lock device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remotely lock device: i want to log out all current users and remotely lock device without having find my device turned on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remotely-lock-device/4c4b69b9-32f1-401d-a547-7e61d870373d