Windows 10: How do i remove a Microsoft Account from my Windows 10 computer without knowing its password?

Discus and support How do i remove a Microsoft Account from my Windows 10 computer without knowing its password? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Basically, i got this laptop from my grandma about two years ago, and i want to remove her Microsoft Account so i can register mine as an... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TheseDays1, Apr 29, 2020.

1. How do i remove a Microsoft Account from my Windows 10 computer without knowing its password?

Basically, i got this laptop from my grandma about two years ago, and i want to remove her Microsoft Account so i can register mine as an administrator.

I dont know the password, and she doesnt know it too, we even tried searching her notebooks for any written password but all of them are wrong and now the account is locked.

Is there any way i can remove her account from my computer without her password?

:)

TheseDays1, Apr 29, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How do i remove a Microsoft Account from my Windows 10 computer without knowing its password? :(

Zakin, Apr 29, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

How do i remove a Microsoft Account from my Windows 10 computer without knowing its password?

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

How do i remove a Microsoft Account from my Windows 10 computer without knowing its password?

1. How do i remove a Microsoft Account from my Windows 10 computer without knowing its password? - Similar Threads - remove Microsoft Account

2. How do I know if my hacked email was removed from my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I know if my hacked email was removed from my microsoft account: So I was playing minecraft and fell for a scam. If you play minecraft you know it pretty well. The hypixel rank gifting and I don't play hypixel often so I didn't know the scam at all. When I filled in the form I was sent a code and put that in and next thing I know I am...
  3. How do I know if my hacked email was removed from my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I know if my hacked email was removed from my microsoft account: So I was playing minecraft and fell for a scam. If you play minecraft you know it pretty well. The hypixel rank gifting and I don't play hypixel often so I didn't know the scam at all. When I filled in the form I was sent a code and put that in and next thing I know I am...
  4. How do I delete my microsoft account from my computer, however I do not know the password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete my microsoft account from my computer, however I do not know the password.: Help! I am unable to delete my account! I cannot remember my password, help! I no longer have access to this email, and want to remove the sign in from my account so I can use my new email as the admin....
  5. How do I delete my microsoft account from my computer, however I do not know the password.

How do I delete my microsoft account from my computer, however I do not know the password.: Help! I am unable to delete my account! I cannot remember my password, help! I no longer have access to this email, and want to remove the sign in from my account so I can use my new email as the admin....
  6. How do I recover a microsoft user account without knowing the username or password, and the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover a microsoft user account without knowing the username or password, and the...: My wife's computer of 10 years died. The laptop started with Windows 7 and was upgraded to Windows 10. She doesn't have her Microsoft account username or password. Unfortunately, the Roadrunner email address tied to the account is now invalid after we cancelled our cable...
  7. How do I recover a microsoft user account without knowing the username or password, and the...

How do I recover a microsoft user account without knowing the username or password, and the...: My wife's computer of 10 years died. The laptop started with Windows 7 and was upgraded to Windows 10. She doesn't have her Microsoft account username or password. Unfortunately, the Roadrunner email address tied to the account is now invalid after we cancelled our cable...
  8. I know my Microsoft account password but I do not know Windows account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I know my Microsoft account password but I do not know Windows account password: Hi, I forgot my Windows password. However, I know my Microsoft account password. When I try to recover my Windows password, it tells me "You need the Internet for this." Now I have moved to a new apartment, so Windows cannot recognize my new Internet connection settings....
  9. How do I remove my Microsoft account from my Windows 10 computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove my Microsoft account from my Windows 10 computer?: Having a real issue with Windows broadcasting my info online, all I want to do is remove my account from my laptop, have no interest in having any account attached to my laptop, just want to use my accounts necessary and leave them logged out when not, instead of constantly...
  10. how do i remove a password from a standard account if i don't know the password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how do i remove a password from a standard account if i don't know the password: how do i remove a password from a standard user account if i don't know the password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-a-password-from-a-standard-account/c8f4bea3-bec2-4176-9906-3c16a1f88752"