Windows 10: How do I remove a Microsoft student account from my laptop where I no longer attend the school?

Discus and support How do I remove a Microsoft student account from my laptop where I no longer attend the school? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In Settings, when I click on the account and "Manage," there is NO OPTION TO REMOVE, and I am taken to a browser page that wants me to log in and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SuzyQW, May 9, 2020.

1. SuzyQW Win User

How do I remove a Microsoft student account from my laptop where I no longer attend the school?

In Settings, when I click on the account and "Manage," there is NO OPTION TO REMOVE, and I am taken to a browser page that wants me to log in and complete a captcha. Even when I was in school. their IT department was absolutely worthless to me. Now I keep getting reminders to update the password.

:)

SuzyQW, May 9, 2020

2. Remove Microsoft Account I no longer have access to

I've recently been getting error messages about an old school account that I had set up. The messages were about needing to update the password, but I don't use the account anymore and just wanted to delete it.

The problem is that I no longer attend that school. My previous password no longer works and trying to change the password just leads to an error message to "contact the administrator" but I am no longer affiliated with them and as far as they are concerned,
    the account doesn't exist.

I've tried going into settings. I can still see the account under "Emails and Accounts." When I click "Manage" it takes me to a login in screen, but I don't have a functioning password and no longer have access to the administrator for the school account
    because I am not a student anymore.

I've tried deleting the account through every other avenue I could find through google and this is now the only place it appears, but the error messages continue to pop up and they are a nuisance.

Is there any way to remove the account from my computer that doesn't require a password? It is not even my primary account, but I can't seem to get rid of it.

PulseChase, May 9, 2020
  3. letter from school

letter:

letter from school, can't find student transcripts so this letter is verfily that student did attended school..

PeggyRoss1, May 9, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

How do I remove a Microsoft student account from my laptop where I no longer attend the school?

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 9, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I remove a Microsoft student account from my laptop where I no longer attend the school? - Similar Threads - remove Microsoft student

2. How do I remove a school administrator from my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove a school administrator from my laptop?: We brought this laptop when I entered high school but now I've left and cant remove the administrator in my settings, I'm not sure what to do and id really appreciate some help....
  3. How do I remove a school administrator from my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove a school administrator from my laptop?: We brought this laptop when I entered high school but now I've left and cant remove the administrator in my settings, I'm not sure what to do and id really appreciate some help....
  4. How do I remove a school administrator from my laptop?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I bought a laptop from a school I no longer attend and factory reset and wiped it to remove...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a laptop from a school I no longer attend and factory reset and wiped it to remove...: I bought a laptop from a university in 2021. I transferred to a different school. The school told me I would lose access to my account in a few days and I need to reset my laptop. I reset the laptop and wiped everything I don’t need including the locked user account. The...
  6. I bought a laptop from a school I no longer attend and factory reset and wiped it to remove...

I bought a laptop from a school I no longer attend and factory reset and wiped it to remove...: I bought a laptop from a university in 2021. I transferred to a different school. The school told me I would lose access to my account in a few days and I need to reset my laptop. I reset the laptop and wiped everything I don’t need including the locked user account. The...
  7. I bought a laptop from a school I no longer attend and factory reset and wiped it to remove...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How do I add a school Microsoft account to my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add a school Microsoft account to my laptop?: When I try to add my school Microsoft account and try to login, it fails to register my device and says “Your account was not set up on this device because device management could not be enabled. This device might not be able to access some resources, such as Wi-Fi, VPN, or...
  9. How do I add a school Microsoft account to my laptop?

How do I add a school Microsoft account to my laptop?: When I try to add my school Microsoft account and try to login, it fails to register my device and says “Your account was not set up on this device because device management could not be enabled. This device might not be able to access some resources, such as Wi-Fi, VPN, or...
  10. How do I delete a student email account that no longer exists on my Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I delete a student email account that no longer exists on my Microsoft Account?: How do I delete a student account that no longer exists on my Microsoft Account? I can't log onto the student account because it was closed down from the college so I can't take it off my Microsoft account....