Windows 10: How do I remove a restriction on my account or profile in the Microsoft Start Community?

Discus and support How do I remove a restriction on my account or profile in the Microsoft Start Community? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If I want to leave a comment on a news story I see, I have to sign in, and when I do, there is a message that says "Account Restricted"? It seems I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by picspace, Apr 22, 2023.

1. picspace Win User

How do I remove a restriction on my account or profile in the Microsoft Start Community?

If I want to leave a comment on a news story I see, I have to sign in, and when I do, there is a message that says "Account Restricted"? It seems I am blocked and am not able to do any commenting and would like to know why? I would like to have this removed so I can participate again. Thank you. * Moved from Community Center

:)

picspace, Apr 22, 2023

2. removing microsoft account

There are no restrictions listed at https://accounts.microsoft.comYet when i try and acces chrome for instance it wil send a request to the "parent account" of which none exist and then give an error when there is no parent account to request from. I have
    done as was suggested by another microsoft employee and added myself to their family and removed restrictions and removed myself from the family again but as i said in the question, i still have the restrictions in place and microsoft has not given any real
    help with my issue short of what was previously listed.

LiamWells1, Apr 22, 2023
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 22, 2023
  4. How do I remove a restriction on my account or profile in the Microsoft Start Community?

Device still listed under Microsoft account after removing it

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing a device from your Microsoft account.

As you have mentioned that you have removed the device from the Microsoft account, it could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your
    profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

You can refer the screenshot for more help.

How do I remove a restriction on my account or profile in the Microsoft Start Community? bbe6ee24-2440-414a-9613-071e63f8609a?upload=true.png

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 22, 2023
Thema:

How do I remove a restriction on my account or profile in the Microsoft Start Community?

1. How do I remove a restriction on my account or profile in the Microsoft Start Community? - Similar Threads - remove restriction account

2. How do I remove a restriction on my account or profile in the Microsoft Start Community?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove a restriction on my account or profile in the Microsoft Start Community?: If I want to leave a comment on a news story I see, I have to sign in, and when I do, there is a message that says "Account Restricted"? It seems I am blocked and am not able to do any commenting and would like to know why? I would like to have this removed so I can...
  3. HOW TO GET MICROSOFT PROFILE COMMUNITY URL?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO GET MICROSOFT PROFILE COMMUNITY URL?: HOW TO GET MICROSOFT PROFILE COMMUNITY URL? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-microsoft-profile-community-url/a70422ba-311c-4eb5-9af0-76653da9ff47
  4. How To Remove Unknown/RESTRICTED Account User Profiles From PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Remove Unknown/RESTRICTED Account User Profiles From PC: I have an Hp All In One PC I purchased new in box and sole user. I noticed after one of Windows many a update, Two Unknown user accounts along with one RESTRICTED account appear all with access. These accounts seem to be attached to and Xbox Overlay file, which there are two...
  5. How To Remove Unknown/RESTRICTED Account User Profiles From PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Remove Unknown/RESTRICTED Account User Profiles From PC: I have an Hp All In One PC I purchased new in box and sole user. I noticed after one of Windows many a update, Two Unknown user accounts along with one RESTRICTED account appear all with access. These accounts seem to be attached to and Xbox Overlay file, which there are two...
  6. how do i remove my parental restrictions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how do i remove my parental restrictions: How do i remove my parental restrictions. My dad set up my account back when i was in middle school, and I am now in my twenties and still have sites blocked its asking me to have ask for permision to view the site...
  7. How do I remove the organization restrictions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove the organization restrictions: [ATTACH] I connect an ethernet cable to my computer as my room is too far away to connect to the internet wirelessly. The problem is that recently my computer will someone send me back to my lock screen if I am idle, it would usually be a problem. however, it literally...
  8. Blocked Profile Microsoft Community

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Blocked Profile Microsoft Community: One of my profiles has been blocked on microsoft community. I can not access it nor can I find out why. I am paying for a service through this profile and I therefore demanded this is unblocked by Microsoft but there seems to be no way to do this. Do I need to issue a court...
  9. How do I remove the "link" to my Microsoft Account for a corrupted Profile (Win10)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I remove the "link" to my Microsoft Account for a corrupted Profile (Win10): I want to log on with my Microsoft Account on a new created Admin profile, but get the message: that a profile it is already linked to this Microsoft Account on this pc. This "old" profile got corrupted after hardware/software failier that resulted in black screen and...
  10. How Do I Remove Admin Account Restrictions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How Do I Remove Admin Account Restrictions: Hey all, I'm trying to find a way to tell windows 10 to ignore all it's default settings and let me have completely unrestricted access to my computer. My windows 10 laptop is expressly intended for useless junk wherein getting a virus, pup, or whatever doesn't mean a damn...