Windows 10: How do I remove a unused Microsoft account from my laptop if the "Remove" option isn't there

Discus and support How do I remove a unused Microsoft account from my laptop if the "Remove" option isn't there in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can someone tell me how to remove a Microsoft Account from my laptop that is using Windows 10 Pro if the "Remove" option isn't available? Any help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Woody3212, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Woody3212 Win User

How do I remove a unused Microsoft account from my laptop if the "Remove" option isn't there

Can someone tell me how to remove a Microsoft Account from my laptop that is using Windows 10 Pro if the "Remove" option isn't available?

Any help would be appreciated.

How do I remove a unused Microsoft account from my laptop if the "Remove" option isn't there 017f761e-5f81-45cb-bbb7-99bc8bbc1e60?upload=true.png

:)

Woody3212, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Unable to remove my microsoft account from a linked pc

Hi Dave,

To help you with your concern in deleting your Microsoft account from a device, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Have you tried deleting your Microsoft account directly from the old laptop?
    • How did you go about removing the account from the old laptop?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you create a new local account with admin rights first, then remove the current Microsoft account by following the steps on this

article

We look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Apr 1, 2020
  4. How do I remove a unused Microsoft account from my laptop if the "Remove" option isn't there

How to permanently remove laptop device from my Microsoft account

At this location https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026440/microsoft-account-manage-your-devices I found these instructions:

If you don't use a device but it still appears in your devices list, here's how to remove it:

• Go to account.microsoft.com/devices, sign in, and find the device you want to remove.
    • Select Show details to see info for that device.
    • Under your device's name, select More actions > Remove.
    • Review your device details, select the check box, I'm ready to remove this device, then select Remove.

I successfully completed Steps 1 and 2 but could not find Step 3 -
    Under your device's name, select More actions > Remove

So it seems that these instructions no longer apply.

I want to remove this laptop from my account because I no longer have it.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Frank.White, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

How do I remove a unused Microsoft account from my laptop if the "Remove" option isn't there

1. How do I remove a unused Microsoft account from my laptop if the "Remove" option isn't there - Similar Threads - remove unused Microsoft

2. how do i remove my account from a laptop ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i remove my account from a laptop ?: PLS HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-my-account-from-a-laptop/a272a2a8-bd32-4b23-b473-1f80a25b0118
  3. how do i remove my account from a laptop ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i remove my account from a laptop ?: PLS HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-my-account-from-a-laptop/a272a2a8-bd32-4b23-b473-1f80a25b0118
  4. How do I remove my microsoft email/account from a laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove my microsoft email/account from a laptop?: Hello. I was trying to reset my partner's laptop and now it has my email/microsoft account as the administrator and signin credentials, etc. I was wondering how to remove/change that? Every time they try to change their background, etc. it changes mine on my desktop and vice...
  5. How do I remove my microsoft email/account from a laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove my microsoft email/account from a laptop?: Hello. I was trying to reset my partner's laptop and now it has my email/microsoft account as the administrator and signin credentials, etc. I was wondering how to remove/change that? Every time they try to change their background, etc. it changes mine on my desktop and vice...
  6. How do I remove my microsoft email/account from a laptop?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Removing unused account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing unused account: I asked this Q in Office365 forum they said its a W10 issue so post here instead. : I keep getting messages to fix my password and log in to company Office 365. I left the company some time ago, and using my own Office 365 ....... Under Settings > Email & Accounts it...
  8. How to remove my microsoft account from laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove my microsoft account from laptop: Bought a new Dell inspiron 15 5593 win10 pro laptop for the wife. When I first turned it on it asked for a microsoft account login. Not thinking, I used mine and now every time she uses it, my account name and avatar shows up. How would I delete all my info and replace it...
  9. How to remove my microsoft account from laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove my microsoft account from laptop: Bought a new Dell inspiron 15 5593 win10 pro laptop for the wife. When I first turned it on it asked for a microsoft account login. Not thinking, I used mine and now every time she uses it, my account name and avatar shows up. How would I delete all my info and replace it...
  10. How do I remove an account from a laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove an account from a laptop: My laptop was stolen, and now I want to remove my account from the laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-an-account-from-a-laptop/f9832438-2a4c-4f25-8449-d00a96255bf0