Windows 10: How do I remove accounts from Authenticator that are "grayed out"?

Discus and support How do I remove accounts from Authenticator that are "grayed out"? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Certain of these former client companies no longer legally exist... I wish to simply delete them. Other gave me incorrect instructions and MS... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mike Alfieri, Dec 3, 2022.

1. How do I remove accounts from Authenticator that are "grayed out"?

Certain of these former client companies no longer legally exist... I wish to simply delete them. Other gave me incorrect instructions and MS Authenticator is not compatible with their SAAS platforms. I've tried tapping on the tiles multiple times, nothing happens. I cannot reinstall the app as I had too many problems getting it to work properly with various other clients.The app is on my Android phone.Can you help me clean this up?

:)

Mike Alfieri, Dec 3, 2022
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Dec 3, 2022
  3. Glenn Rue Win User

How do I remove accounts from Authenticator that are "grayed out"?

Delete account from authenticator

Hi DKA373,

The next step at this point is to uninstall the Microsoft Authenticator app.

But before you do that log in first to the Microsoft Account you want to remove from the app using a web browser and remove the authenticator app from the security information page as described in our Set up the Microsoft Authenticator app as your verification method guide. See photo below for more details.

How do I remove accounts from Authenticator that are "grayed out"? 06f8524c-6ffe-46ac-93fb-6739663fe6bd?upload=true.png

Once done with the steps above, try to remove the account from the Microsoft Authenticator app again. If that does not work go ahead and uninstall the authenticator app in your mobile device and reinstall afterwards.

Kind regards,

Glenn

Glenn Rue, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

How do I remove accounts from Authenticator that are "grayed out"?

1. How do I remove accounts from Authenticator that are "grayed out"? - Similar Threads - remove accounts Authenticator

2. Remove account from Authenticator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove account from Authenticator: I have tried to remove an old account from Authenticator. It will not let me saying I need to go to settings to turn off autofill to do this. I then open setting link to cease this function and have stopped it but it still says even though off that I need to do it....
  3. Remove account from Authenticator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove account from Authenticator: I have tried to remove an old account from Authenticator. It will not let me saying I need to go to settings to turn off autofill to do this. I then open setting link to cease this function and have stopped it but it still says even though off that I need to do it....
  4. Remove account from Authenticator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How do I gray out an image icon?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I gray out an image icon?: I have a image in PNG format to use it as an icon on a button. It represents a button in an app. I want to make the effects so that this image conveys that the objects of a certain type represented by the icon are all unselected. How do I do this with paint 3-D in. I think...
  6. How do I gray out an image icon?

How do I gray out an image icon?: I have a image in PNG format to use it as an icon on a button. It represents a button in an app. I want to make the effects so that this image conveys that the objects of a certain type represented by the icon are all unselected. How do I do this with paint 3-D in. I think...
  7. How do I remove accounts from Authenticator that are "grayed out"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove accounts from Authenticator that are "grayed out"?: Certain of these former client companies no longer legally exist... I wish to simply delete them. Other gave me incorrect instructions and MS Authenticator is not compatible with their SAAS platforms. I've tried tapping on the tiles multiple times, nothing happens. I cannot...
  8. How do I remove accounts from Authenticator that are "grayed out"?

How do I remove accounts from Authenticator that are "grayed out"?: Certain of these former client companies no longer legally exist... I wish to simply delete them. Other gave me incorrect instructions and MS Authenticator is not compatible with their SAAS platforms. I've tried tapping on the tiles multiple times, nothing happens. I cannot...
  9. How do I remove my PIN when the button is grayed out?

How do I remove my PIN when the button is grayed out?: The "remove PIN" button is grayed out. I'd like to remove this and also disable the constant reminder to create a PIN every time I log in - I just want to use a password. [ATTACH]...
  10. How do I remove authenticated user?

How do I remove authenticated user?: How do I delete authenticated user on Windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-remove-authenticated-user/2ae5fd05-ffbc-4582-86bb-2dd57aade841"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com