Windows 10: how do i remove all personal info from my pc before returning to the store

Discus and support how do i remove all personal info from my pc before returning to the store in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i am returning a new laptop to the store and need to remove all my personal info admin account, files, apps, etc. i have looked at 'old' info, and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jkhcast, Apr 1, 2021.

1. jkhcast Win User

how do i remove all personal info from my pc before returning to the store

i am returning a new laptop to the store and need to remove all my personal info admin account, files, apps, etc. i have looked at 'old' info, and it does not seem to be applicable any more. if i go to 'reset' and choose to uninstall all my personal files, it then asks how i want to reinstall Windows 10????? Can someone please advise as to how i accomplish this with a laptop running Windows 10 home Version 2004 build 19041.867. i need to return within the next 2 days so i need this info asap. thank you

:)

jkhcast, Apr 1, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Azyardies Win User
    RETURN HP laptop back to store help

I am going to return a laptop back to the store that was given to me days ago.
    When i first turned it on, i set it up with log in PIN & my Microsoft account because it didn't let me by pass this process....

I'd like to remove my PIN and Microsoft account before I return it. Nothing else was really used/ saved on it that matters to me, except those two things +WiFi login.

I tried to full reset the laptop and it stayed stuck on 32% for 4 hrs. I powered it off & luckily, it didn't seem to corrupt the pc. I noticed a windows. old file in the files.

I'm afraid to do another full reset in case it gets stuck.
    Can't i just remove all these personal credentials and return the pc?
    Please advise steps to do it as well.

Thank you in advance.

Azyardies, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Angie P88 Win User

How to remove personal info

I just bought a new computer with windows 10. I started setting up before I realized it was the wrong computer. How do I delete my personal info. so I can return it?

Angie P88, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

1. how do i remove all personal info from my pc before returning to the store - Similar Threads - remove personal info

2. How do I reset my laptop to factory settings before returning it to a store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my laptop to factory settings before returning it to a store.: I am planning to return my laptop as I found it quite loud, and I was not satisfied with its battery life as well. But when I went to Reset This PC, it asks for how I should reinstall Windows 11. Currently I think the right one is Local Reinstall. Will this remove all my...
  3. How do I reset my laptop to factory settings before returning it to a store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reset my laptop to factory settings before returning it to a store.: I am planning to return my laptop as I found it quite loud, and I was not satisfied with its battery life as well. But when I went to Reset This PC, it asks for how I should reinstall Windows 11. Currently I think the right one is Local Reinstall. Will this remove all my...
  4. Before returning a pc to the store...

in Windows 10 Support
    Before returning a pc to the store...: Tl;dr: What do I have to do before returning a Windows 10 pc to the store? Hello friends. I'm writing today seeking advice on what to do in the following situation: I got a new PC from a store. Only after setting it up (by attaching my Microsoft account to Windows 10,...
  5. Remove all info from computer that is being returned

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove all info from computer that is being returned: Hello, Just bought a new HP computer and when I was setting it up all information from my current computer was transferred to my new one without doing anything. I thought ok, no problem. however when I went to register it I was told I had 8 months left on my warranty. I...
  6. returning laptop need to clear personal info.....how to do it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    returning laptop need to clear personal info.....how to do it?: I am returning my laptop so I need to clear my personal info...I've deleted my photos & music & emails...I think I just need to clear my log-in photo & password ?...
  7. Returning computer - how do I get all my personal data off of it

in Windows 10 Support
    Returning computer - how do I get all my personal data off of it: I think I have decided to return my Dell due to the occasional quiet squeak that I hear. I am concerned about all the data I have on it already. How would I go about getting all my data off so that the next possible owner can not get to it? thanks 149375
  8. Want to remove all info from pocket pc before sending it back

in Windows 10 Customization
    Want to remove all info from pocket pc before sending it back: Just purchased an Aoile Mini PC Intel Cherry Trail Computer Stick Windows 10 from Amazon.com, set it up using my microsoft account only to find it can't be activated due to an invalid copy (Item was shipped from China) so, I intend to send it back but want to put it back into...
  9. How to remove personal info

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove personal info: I just bought a new computer with windows 10. I started setting up before I realized it was the wrong computer. How do I delete my personal info. so I can return it?...
  10. How Do I Remove All this Dirt From My PC?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How Do I Remove All this Dirt From My PC?: I ran some tests and found some dirt in my PC. Below are the results. How do i remove them from my PC? --------------------------------------- PUP.Optional.Legacy C:\Users\Public\Documents\Downloaded Installers PUP.Optional.Legacy C:\Users\Public\Documents\Guid...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove user before returning laptop