Windows 10: How do I remove all traces of Libraries from Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I remove all traces of Libraries from Windows 10? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I truly loathe Windows 10 libraries. They're useless for the way I handle my files in projects where audio, video, music and document assets come and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Michael_Linder, Nov 26, 2018.

1. How do I remove all traces of Libraries from Windows 10?

I truly loathe Windows 10 libraries. They're useless for the way I handle my files in projects where audio, video, music and document assets come and go on a per-client basis, and change locations quickly. But Microsoft is convinced it knows my needs better than I do. It renames my folders with Library names and wants to move their contents around to please itself. And, it seems most or all questions about removing Library listings have been locked in this forum with unsatisfactory answers or are uselessly years old. I've emptied the Library folder in Windows Explorer's navigation bar. Now, here's what I need...

1. How do I remove the empty Libraries folder from the Navigation pane since I have no libraries....

2. How do I delete the useless Music folder in my Navigation pane? There's no deleting this either. Even though it points to a folder with a different name, I cannot change it on the Nav pane. I'm stuck with a warning popup saying my music is unavailable and might have been deleted. Not helpful. Security info is "unavailable or can't be displayed" How do I rid my PC of this?

3. How can I rename the Videos folder or change its icon? I have more than one folder containing videos. I don't want all my vid files placed in the same folder — whether in sub-folders or not. I want the freedom to choose whether they're located on a fast SSD for editing or placed in a storage drive. How can I delete Windows Videos folder in order to create a series of project folders?

4. 3D objects is uninstalled. How can I remove its listing in Navigation? Don't use it, never will. It's a space-wasting annoyance.

Hopefully, REAL answers will help me undo Windows tyrannical behavior. My only solution seems to be to make Quick Access shortcuts to suit my needs, but cluttering the Nav Pane with useless micromanaged file demands by Windows. This has to stop.

:)

Michael_Linder, Nov 26, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Traces

Trace malware is a detection which typically indicates harmless pieces of leftovers also known
    as remnants (registry keys, file fragments, folders) generally found after cleaning a previous malware infection. Traces are typically useless and not dangerous since the primary malicious file(s) has been removed. A
    Malware.Trace detection is just another name used by Malwarebytes, SUPERAntiSpyware and other security vendors for trace malware.

Performing the scans suggested by
    José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO should remove most of them.

quietman7 - MVP, Nov 26, 2018
  4. How do I remove all traces of Libraries from Windows 10?

Delete a Library in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I would suggest you to restore the Libraries and then try deleting the Library folder.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.
    • Locate Libraries from the left pane.
    • Right click on Libraries and select Restore default libraries option from the list.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

How do I remove all traces of Libraries from Windows 10?

1. How do I remove all traces of Libraries from Windows 10? - Similar Threads - remove traces Libraries

2. Remove all traces of external monitor from Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove all traces of external monitor from Windows.: Hello, I am looking to remove all traces of a second monitor from Windows on my MSI Laptop. The problem I'm having is that I turned on HDR mode for my HDR compatible external monitor through Windows Display Settings that is connected to my Nvidia 3060 HDMI port. By turning on...
  3. Remove all traces of external monitor from Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove all traces of external monitor from Windows.: Hello, I am looking to remove all traces of a second monitor from Windows on my MSI Laptop. The problem I'm having is that I turned on HDR mode for my HDR compatible external monitor through Windows Display Settings that is connected to my Nvidia 3060 HDMI port. By turning on...
  4. Remove all traces of external monitor from Windows.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Remove all traces of xbox from Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove all traces of xbox from Windows 11: Ok. I'm completely exhausted. I have a no so special custom PC with Windows 11. I purchased Windows 10, then updated. For the amount that we all paid, We should have a right to access our PCs without a Microsoft Account. Darling Microsoft - you don't need my info off my PC....
  6. Remove all traces of xbox from Windows 11

Remove all traces of xbox from Windows 11: Ok. I'm completely exhausted. I have a no so special custom PC with Windows 11. I purchased Windows 10, then updated. For the amount that we all paid, We should have a right to access our PCs without a Microsoft Account. Darling Microsoft - you don't need my info off my PC....
  7. How do I remove all traces of Acronis from Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove all traces of Acronis from Windows 10?: I subscribed to Acronis a couple years ago. I decided to get rid of it because it was or seemed to me interfering with other software, e.g., Inno Setup. I even removed my asked Acronis to delete my account. Yet a raft of Acronis tasks appear in Task Manager. If I kill them...
  8. How do I remove all traces of Acronis from Windows 10?

How do I remove all traces of Acronis from Windows 10?: I subscribed to Acronis a couple years ago. I decided to get rid of it because it was or seemed to me interfering with other software, e.g., Inno Setup. I even removed my asked Acronis to delete my account. Yet a raft of Acronis tasks appear in Task Manager. If I kill them...
  9. How do I remove all traces of Acronis from Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. How Do I Completely Uninstall All Traces of Removed Printers??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How Do I Completely Uninstall All Traces of Removed Printers??: I had a printer software previously installed. Then I installed a different printer of the same company (Epson). I uninstalled one hoping to retain just the other. But when I wanted to use the only printer left on my system it gave me an option to use it or the other printer....