Windows 10: how do I remove an application startup password

Discus and support how do I remove an application startup password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; when I try to start up applications I get prompted for an application passcode.. How can I get rid of this?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by janeStachura, Sep 12, 2018.

1. how do I remove an application startup password

when I try to start up applications I get prompted for an application passcode.. How can I get rid of this?

:)

janeStachura, Sep 12, 2018

2. Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

how do I remove an application startup password

remove password at startup using win10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps .

Check and verify if you have unchecked the correct option under correct user in netplwiz. Follow the below given steps and check if issue is resolved:

• Press Windows key + R to open Run.

• Type netplwiz into the Run bar and hit Enter. ss

• Select the User account you are using under the
      User
      tab.

• Uncheck "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" checkbox and click on
      Apply.
    Sign-out and sign-in again to check if issue persist.

And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/disable-remove-password

It is also applies to windows 10

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

how do I remove an application startup password

1. how do I remove an application startup password - Similar Threads - remove application startup

2. how do I remove logon password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I remove logon password: how do I remove the logon password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-logon-password/b7488b4c-e66b-4fbd-89bc-8250387a708d
  3. how do I remove logon password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I remove logon password: how do I remove the logon password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-logon-password/b7488b4c-e66b-4fbd-89bc-8250387a708d
  4. how do I remove logon password

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Startup Applications - inconsistency in application representation and removal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Applications - inconsistency in application representation and removal.: Hi Microsoft team,I would like to understand in the Startup Applications what the blank Program files are and how I can identify them to potentially remove them?Alternatively, why the icons for certain applications are not showing?...
  6. Startup Applications - inconsistency in application representation and removal.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup Applications - inconsistency in application representation and removal.: Hi Microsoft team,I would like to understand in the Startup Applications what the blank Program files are and how I can identify them to potentially remove them?Alternatively, why the icons for certain applications are not showing?...
  7. Removing Startup Password.......

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Removing Startup Password.......: In past versions of Windows, you could remove the password sign in when starting your computer/laptop by using "control userpasswords2" - OR - "netplwiz"..... But now, with the new updates/upgrades to Windows 10, the section in the dialog box to disable sign in when booting...
  8. How do I remove the Hello password??

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I remove the Hello password??: Please help. I need to remove the Hello password. I need to send my computer in for some repairs and want to temporary remove it. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-the-hello-password/6e5c615b-b988-49fc-ae8c-1b7d2d756c80
  9. how do i remove a application from a extension

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i remove a application from a extension: I have notepad set to a extension and I want to remove it because I cannot use the extension in the correct way with it. It needs to be 'choose a default' and I don't know how to remove it. Every place I search is too complicated. Thanks....
  10. How to remove password at startup?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove password at startup?: Everytime I turn on my PC, I get to a login screen, and either have to type in a password or a pin to login to my PC. I have already tried using netplwiz using Command Prompt with administrative privileges, with "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. netplwiz disable password

2. cancel startup password

3. how to temporarily disable start up password