Windows 10: How do I remove an email account from Windows 11 that I no longer have access to

Discus and support How do I remove an email account from Windows 11 that I no longer have access to in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently left my place of employment and had some of my MS apps associated with my work account on my personal computer. I deleted the email from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Paula-ireland, Dec 31, 2021.

1. How do I remove an email account from Windows 11 that I no longer have access to

I recently left my place of employment and had some of my MS apps associated with my work account on my personal computer. I deleted the email from Outlook but I still get a pop-up asking me to sign in to my work email account, which I no longer have access to. When I go to settings/accounts/email and accounts, I still see my work account listed, which is I'm sure why I keep getting the login prompt. But, I can't seem to remove that account, especially given that I don't have access to it anymore see attached images.Any help would be appreciated.J

:)

Paula-ireland, Dec 31, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Dec 31, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Dec 31, 2021
  4. Allan Mej Win User

How do I remove an email account from Windows 11 that I no longer have access to

Windows hello removal from an account I no longer have access to.

Just a quick recap, you've set up Windows Hello on a user account on your
    PC that is associated with a business account you no longer have access to. Is that right? If that is the case, you could simply
    remove the user account on your PC. You will need an administrator account in order to remove a user account. To remove a user account on your PC, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings>Accounts>Family & other users.
    • Select the user account that you want to remove.
    • Click Remove.
    • You'll be prompted again, click Delete account and data.

(Note: Removing a user account deletes all the data the is saved in it)

Upon removing that account on your PC, you can now set up Windows Hello.

Do get back to us if you need further assistance.

Allan Mej, Dec 31, 2021
Thema:

How do I remove an email account from Windows 11 that I no longer have access to

1. How do I remove an email account from Windows 11 that I no longer have access to - Similar Threads - remove email account

2. How do I remove an external work account from Windows 11 that I no longer have access to?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove an external work account from Windows 11 that I no longer have access to?: Teams is telling me that there is a problem with one of my accounts. There is nowhere in Windows 11 to remove it. I'm guessing that's because I've never logged into it since the Windows 11 install. The Microsoft MyAccount Organizations page shows the account, but I cannot...
  3. How do I remove an external work account from Windows 11 that I no longer have access to?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove an external work account from Windows 11 that I no longer have access to?: Teams is telling me that there is a problem with one of my accounts. There is nowhere in Windows 11 to remove it. I'm guessing that's because I've never logged into it since the Windows 11 install. The Microsoft MyAccount Organizations page shows the account, but I cannot...
  4. How do I remove an email account on Windows 11 that I no longer have access to?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove an email account on Windows 11 that I no longer have access to?: I have a relatively new laptop running Windows 11 which I used for work in the past. However, earlier this year I was laid off without any warning and immediately locked out of my work email account. As a result, I am not able to log into the account and remove it from my...
  5. How do I remove an email account on Windows 11 that I no longer have access to?

How do I remove an email account on Windows 11 that I no longer have access to?: I have a relatively new laptop running Windows 11 which I used for work in the past. However, earlier this year I was laid off without any warning and immediately locked out of my work email account. As a result, I am not able to log into the account and remove it from my...
  6. How do I delete an email account that I no longer have access to??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete an email account that I no longer have access to??: I have a Microsoft email account on my desktop computer that is from a company I no longer work for. I want to delete it, but all of the past answers to this question say to click on the account and then click the "Disconnect" button. But my computer only shows a "Manage"...
  7. How do i remove an email from my computer that i no longer have access to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i remove an email from my computer that i no longer have access to: So, I have a Windows 11 computer, settings look like this:I am unable to access the account as it was deleted a while ago, so it's no longer recoverable, the Microsoft is possibly unrecoverable as well. There is already a new email with the administrative role, but I'm not...
  8. How do i remove an email from my computer that i no longer have access to

How do i remove an email from my computer that i no longer have access to: So, I have a Windows 11 computer, settings look like this:I am unable to access the account as it was deleted a while ago, so it's no longer recoverable, the Microsoft is possibly unrecoverable as well. There is already a new email with the administrative role, but I'm not...
  9. How do I remove an email account from Windows 11 that I no longer have access to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove an email account from Windows 11 that I no longer have access to: I recently left my place of employment and had some of my MS apps associated with my work account on my personal computer. I deleted the email from Outlook but I still get a pop-up asking me to sign in to my work email account, which I no longer have access to. When I go to...
  10. How do I remove an account from Windows that I no longer have access to?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove an account from Windows that I no longer have access to?: I am repeatedly receiving the notification: "Work or school account problem" [ATTACH] I then navigate to: Settings > Email & App Accounts I then click on the suspect account (my email address linked to my old University which I have since graduated from (I had it...