Windows 10: how do I remove an old microsoft account from my device

Discus and support how do I remove an old microsoft account from my device in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have multiple microsoft accounts interacting wiht each other and preventing my ability to log in. The old accounts I no tlonger have are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Best Shelly LaVonne, Jun 2, 2023.

1. how do I remove an old microsoft account from my device

I have multiple microsoft accounts interacting wiht each other and preventing my ability to log in. The old accounts I no tlonger have are conflictinglog in. I am locked out and cannot reset my password

:)

Best Shelly LaVonne, Jun 2, 2023
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

Issue removing the phantom device from Microsoft Account

Hi W33EES,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

Any device that you sign-in with your Microsoft account will be associated with your Microsoft account, and listed under "Your devices" online until you remove the device.

I suggest you to sign into Windows 10 using your Microsoft account and other Microsoft devices, those devices become associated with your account. If you want to remove an old device you’ve gotten rid of, you’ll have to pay a visit to Microsoft’s account
    web site. Follow the below steps to remove from Microsoft Account, check if that helps.

Method: Remove Devices from Your Microsoft Account.

1. On your web browser, log into your
      Login.live.com
    2. On the top-right corner, you will find a menu named ‘Devices‘. Click on it to further expand it, and then choose ‘Your Devices‘.
    3. On this page, you will directly have access to all of your linked devices to your Microsoft Account.
    4. There will be quite a few info about your linked devices.
    5. Select the option Remove Device.
    6. Select the “I’m ready to remove this device” check box and then click
      Remove.
    7. A confirmation page shows you what device you removed and the exact time and date. Click Back to Devices.

Removing devices helps ensure that that old devices you no longer use are not capable of accessing your account and that you don’t run into the ten-device limit for installed apps and games. Check if that works.

We await your response.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Jun 2, 2023
  3. Ermin Rey Win User
    How to remove the unused old device from account?

Thanks for the clarification. To remove connected devices on your account kindly follow the steps below:

1. Log in to
      your Microsoft account
    2. Go to Devices
    3. Then remove the unwanted devices.

Feel free to get back to us should you experience any issue.

Ermin Rey, Jun 2, 2023
  4. Vesao Win User

how do I remove an old microsoft account from my device

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 2, 2023
Thema:

how do I remove an old microsoft account from my device

1. how do I remove an old microsoft account from my device - Similar Threads - remove old microsoft

2. how do I remove an old microsoft account from my device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I remove an old microsoft account from my device: I have multiple microsoft accounts interacting wiht each other and preventing my ability to log in. The old accounts I no tlonger have are conflictinglog in. I am locked out and cannot reset my password...
  3. How do i remove my old number from my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i remove my old number from my account?: I'm having a problem with my old phone number that got deleted somewhere around 2 years ago and i forgot to change it to a new one before i still had access to it, i forgot to do it and i have no idea how i am supposed to remove it... Any suggestions?...
  4. How do i remove my old number from my account?

How do i remove my old number from my account?: I'm having a problem with my old phone number that got deleted somewhere around 2 years ago and i forgot to change it to a new one before i still had access to it, i forgot to do it and i have no idea how i am supposed to remove it... Any suggestions?...
  5. How do i remove my old number from my account?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How do I remove an old microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove an old microsoft account?: I have an old microsoft account that I can't get rid of. It comes up autyomatically on my PC. Not a user account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-an-old-microsoft-account/c628fa52-d08e-4f47-970b-829a8c09fe56
  7. How do I remove an old microsoft account?

How do I remove an old microsoft account?: I have an old microsoft account that I can't get rid of. It comes up autyomatically on my PC. Not a user account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-an-old-microsoft-account/c628fa52-d08e-4f47-970b-829a8c09fe56
  8. How do I remove a device from my Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I remove a device from my Microsoft Account?: My Microsoft Account page/Devices has a PC device which has been out of service for almost a year. How do I remove this device from my account? There are no topics in the menu for Microsoft account, so I don't know if this will go to the correct community, or which one to...
  9. How do I to remove device from my microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I to remove device from my microsoft account?: How do I to remove device from my microsoft account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-to-remove-device-from-my-microsoft/e7f2b810-9719-4f2d-b19b-90e5a8745ac6
  10. How do I remove my Microsoft account from from my old computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove my Microsoft account from from my old computer?: I have a new computer and I want to remove my account from my old system, how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-remove-my-microsoft-account-from-from-my/2ec612c6-303e-4bbc-90a6-00062d74022e