Windows 10: How do I remove an old microsoft account?

Discus and support How do I remove an old microsoft account? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an old microsoft account that I can't get rid of. It comes up autyomatically on my PC. Not a user account.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by David Anlezark, Aug 31, 2022.

1. How do I remove an old microsoft account?

I have an old microsoft account that I can't get rid of. It comes up autyomatically on my PC. Not a user account.

:)

David Anlezark, Aug 31, 2022
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 31, 2022
  3. Unable to remove old administrator account.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to delete one of the old administrator accounts from your computer. If you want to save the data from the old Administrator account, I would suggest you to copy the data from the old user account from
    C: Users\<Old User Account> and move it to your backup drive or folder in a different location, before deleting the account.

I would also like to know what exactly happens when you try to remove the old Administrator account from your PC.

To delete an Administrator account from your PC, you will have to login to another user account with
    Administrator access as User Accounts cannot be deleted through a Standard account.

Once you have logged into your new Administrator account, you can follow the steps mentioned below to remove the old Administrator account from your PC. To do this, by

1. Login to the new Admin User Account that you want to keep.
    2. Tap on 'Windows + I' on the keyboard.
    3. Click on 'Accounts'.
    4. Now click on 'Family & other users'.
    5. Select the old Administrator account from the list.
    6. Click on 'Remove'.

Let us know if you face any issues, and we will certainly assist you further.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Aug 31, 2022
  4. How do I remove an old microsoft account?

Unable to remove my microsoft account from a linked pc

Hi Dave,

To help you with your concern in deleting your Microsoft account from a device, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Have you tried deleting your Microsoft account directly from the old laptop?
    • How did you go about removing the account from the old laptop?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you create a new local account with admin rights first, then remove the current Microsoft account by following the steps on this

article

We look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Aug 31, 2022
Thema:

How do I remove an old microsoft account?

1. How do I remove an old microsoft account? - Similar Threads - remove old microsoft

2. How do I remove a old account on windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove a old account on windows.: So, I think a year ago, I got hacked and transferred everything to a new email. But now I don't know how to remove the old email off my computer, I do not know the password to it because a hacker, how do I remove the old account on windows. I've tried to remove it, but all it...
  3. How do I remove a old account on windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove a old account on windows.: So, I think a year ago, I got hacked and transferred everything to a new email. But now I don't know how to remove the old email off my computer, I do not know the password to it because a hacker, how do I remove the old account on windows. I've tried to remove it, but all it...
  4. How do I remove a old account on windows.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how do I remove an old microsoft account from my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I remove an old microsoft account from my device: I have multiple microsoft accounts interacting wiht each other and preventing my ability to log in. The old accounts I no tlonger have are conflictinglog in. I am locked out and cannot reset my password...
  6. how do I remove an old microsoft account from my device

how do I remove an old microsoft account from my device: I have multiple microsoft accounts interacting wiht each other and preventing my ability to log in. The old accounts I no tlonger have are conflictinglog in. I am locked out and cannot reset my password...
  7. How do I remove an old microsoft account?

How do I remove an old microsoft account?: I have an old microsoft account that I can't get rid of. It comes up autyomatically on my PC. Not a user account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-an-old-microsoft-account/c628fa52-d08e-4f47-970b-829a8c09fe56
  8. Removing old Microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing old Microsoft accounts: Whenever I logged into my laptop, I get notified to fix my work/school account which is my old Microsoft account. I clicked on the account to remove it but I can't seem to see the remove button for it that appears on many searches I've made online to remove it.I've also tried...
  9. How do i remove a old user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do i remove a old user account: Hi i have bought a used laptop running windows 10 home and i have followed this tutorial To Change Name of a Local Account in Control Panel And i have changed the user name ok but when i look with file explorer at the users folder the old name is still there so how do i...
  10. How can I remove old microsoft accounts?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I remove old microsoft accounts?: How can I remove old microsoft accounts? I don't know how many I have. Some have @live.com, or hotmail.com etc.. Is there some place that lists all of them and lets me manage (remove ones no longer needed). Thanks * Moved from Insider...