Windows 10: How do I remove an old user from my new pc?

Discus and support How do I remove an old user from my new pc? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My new computer keeps adding a user that was part of one of my old pcs. Some programs are having trouble because they're looking for files under the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AMITYPREDATOR75, Mar 20, 2023.

1. How do I remove an old user from my new pc?

My new computer keeps adding a user that was part of one of my old pcs. Some programs are having trouble because they're looking for files under the old user instead of public. For instance, I've reset my NEW PC 4 times today. I chose to reset from December 2022. I've renamed it "Black" every time. However, once setup is complete, and I look under "this pc", windows c, users what I find is,"Defaultuser0" " Public ""White" which was a name under a previous computerHow do I resolve this?

:)

AMITYPREDATOR75, Mar 20, 2023

2. Unable to remove old administrator account.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to delete one of the old administrator accounts from your computer. If you want to save the data from the old Administrator account, I would suggest you to copy the data from the old user account from
    C: Users\<Old User Account> and move it to your backup drive or folder in a different location, before deleting the account.

I would also like to know what exactly happens when you try to remove the old Administrator account from your PC.

To delete an Administrator account from your PC, you will have to login to another user account with
    Administrator access as User Accounts cannot be deleted through a Standard account.

Once you have logged into your new Administrator account, you can follow the steps mentioned below to remove the old Administrator account from your PC. To do this, by

1. Login to the new Admin User Account that you want to keep.
    2. Tap on 'Windows + I' on the keyboard.
    3. Click on 'Accounts'.
    4. Now click on 'Family & other users'.
    5. Select the old Administrator account from the list.
    6. Click on 'Remove'.

Let us know if you face any issues, and we will certainly assist you further.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 20, 2023
  3. Unlink an old android phone from my pc

I go thru the suggested steps: Start - Settings - Phone - Unlink this PC.

When I first open the "your phone" screen the old phone is listed. Not sure if the phone listed is suppose to be selectable or not, but my is not. When I select "Unlink this PC" the phone listed is removed. When I select "Add Phone" the old phone still
    shows. I have removed the old phone from my Microsoft Account. I have rebooted after unlink this pc but I still cannot remove my old phone.

LostSailorPO1, Mar 20, 2023
  4. Ian Ser Win User

How do I remove an old user from my new pc?

Remove account from old pc

Hi Richard,

Apologies for the delay in responding. During this time, have you already removed the account on the PC? In case that you haven't, here are the steps on how you can remove an account in Windows 10.

Note: Before you can remove an account, you need to create a Local Administrator. Here are the steps:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings
      > Accounts > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC.

• Enter a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

• To make the new account an administrator account, select Start > Settings > Account > Family & other people, and select Change account type. Under Account type,
      select Administrator > OK. Restart your machine and sign in with the new administrator account.

To remove a user account in Windows 10, here are the steps:

• Press Windows key on your keyboard, click on Settings.
    • Click on Account, click on Family and other users.
    • Select the user you want to delete under Other users and click on Remove.
    • Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.
    • Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Let me know if there's anything else you need.

Ian Ser, Mar 20, 2023
Thema:

How do I remove an old user from my new pc?

1. How do I remove an old user from my new pc? - Similar Threads - remove old user

2. How do I remove an old user from my new pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove an old user from my new pc?: My new computer keeps adding a user that was part of one of my old pcs. Some programs are having trouble because they're looking for files under the old user instead of public. For instance, I've reset my NEW PC 4 times today. I chose to reset point from December 2022. I've...
  3. How do i remove my old number from my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i remove my old number from my account?: I'm having a problem with my old phone number that got deleted somewhere around 2 years ago and i forgot to change it to a new one before i still had access to it, i forgot to do it and i have no idea how i am supposed to remove it... Any suggestions?...
  4. How do i remove my old number from my account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i remove my old number from my account?: I'm having a problem with my old phone number that got deleted somewhere around 2 years ago and i forgot to change it to a new one before i still had access to it, i forgot to do it and i have no idea how i am supposed to remove it... Any suggestions?...
  5. How do i remove my old number from my account?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How do I remove my old Apple ID from my PC as the administrator?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove my old Apple ID from my PC as the administrator?: How do I removed my old Apple ID from my PC as the administrator? I don't have the password either. * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: Old Apple ID * OS of the PC not specified...
  7. how to remove old user from workgroup; win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to remove old user from workgroup; win10: both computers are on windows 10. need to remove one of the computers from workgroup which shows both and i am unable to find a way to uninstall the old computer from the workgroup....
  8. How do i remove a old user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do i remove a old user account: Hi i have bought a used laptop running windows 10 home and i have followed this tutorial To Change Name of a Local Account in Control Panel And i have changed the user name ok but when i look with file explorer at the users folder the old name is still there so how do i...
  9. How do i transfer data from old pc to new pc

How do i transfer data from old pc to new pc: how do transfer data from old pc to new pc ...both using windows * Moved from Education https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-data-from-old-pc-to-new-pc/e08239d7-1014-4f63-8e61-8b0d9af90618"
  10. how do i transfer from old pc to my new pc?

how do i transfer from old pc to my new pc?: Looking for a simple way to transfer from my old pc to my new pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-from-old-pc-to-my-new-pc/25277d5c-5cfa-4682-8376-ee038029ef37"