Windows 10: how do I remove an unauthorized user account

Discus and support how do I remove an unauthorized user account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; someone put an unauthorized account on a business computer. how do I remove it?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by church1140, Apr 17, 2019.

1. how do I remove an unauthorized user account

someone put an unauthorized account on a business computer. how do I remove it?

:)

church1140, Apr 17, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Apr 17, 2019
  3. trying to remove user account

Hi Jack,

Deleting a user account in a Windows device can be done by an administrator. Before removing the user account, make sure that you are using an administrator account to avoid errors.

Follow these steps to remove a user account in your computer:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Click on User Accounts and then Select User Accounts.
    • Click on Manage User Accounts.
    • Choose the account that you want to delete.
    • Click on Delete the account.
    • Choose if you want to keep the files or delete the files in the user account that you'll be removing.
    • Click on Delete Account button to complete the process.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Apr 17, 2019
  4. how do I remove an unauthorized user account

remove a user account

Hello,

If you want to delete local user account on your Windows 10 computer, you can follow the steps below:

Note: When you want to delete a user account from your computer:

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to delete a user account.

You will not be able to delete a user account that is currently signed in. You will need to sign out the user first.

Be sure to always have at least one enabled administrator account on the PC to avoid not being able to perform actions that require administrator rights.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows key, click on Settings.
    • Click on Account, click on Family and other users.
    • Select the user you want to delete under Other users and click on
      Remove.
    • Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.
    • Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete an account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

OR
    Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net user and hit Enter to list the user accounts on your device.
    • Type net user "User account " /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Meanwhile, if you wish to add a family member to your Microsoft family, there are a few ways you can do that. You can follow the steps in this article:

Set up your family

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to share them with us here. Your input is very much welcome in our Community.

Michelle Vil, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

how do I remove an unauthorized user account

1. how do I remove an unauthorized user account - Similar Threads - remove unauthorized user

2. How do I remove an unauthorized email from my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove an unauthorized email from my account?: I noticed there was an unauthorized email address linked to my Microsoft account. When I tried to login, my password had been changed and 2FA had been enabled. My phone number is linked to the account, but I need two verification methods to change my password and log back in....
  3. How do I remove an unauthorized email from my account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove an unauthorized email from my account?: I noticed there was an unauthorized email address linked to my Microsoft account. When I tried to login, my password had been changed and 2FA had been enabled. My phone number is linked to the account, but I need two verification methods to change my password and log back in....
  4. How do I remove user account control?

How do I remove user account control?: I am trying to remove user account control from my device but every time I try to do so it takes me to a position where I need the pin/code,I have tried changing the pin/code and everytime I try change it and enter it in it says incorrect.Everytime I want to run a file I...
  5. How do I remove user account control?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I remove user account control?: I am trying to remove user account control from my device but every time I try to do so it takes me to a position where I need the pin/code,I have tried changing the pin/code and everytime I try change it and enter it in it says incorrect.Everytime I want to run a file I...
  6. How do I remove user account control?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How to remove a user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a user account: Hi,I have received my PC back after having the hard drive changed.I need to remove the guy who fixed my PC's user account but am unable to as it says that he's signed in.Is there any way I can remove it?ThanksK...
  8. How to remove a user account

How to remove a user account: Hi,I have received my PC back after having the hard drive changed.I need to remove the guy who fixed my PC's user account but am unable to as it says that he's signed in.Is there any way I can remove it?ThanksK...
  9. How do i remove a old user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do i remove a old user account: Hi i have bought a used laptop running windows 10 home and i have followed this tutorial To Change Name of a Local Account in Control Panel And i have changed the user name ok but when i look with file explorer at the users folder the old name is still there so how do i...
  10. Remove unauthorized work or school account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove unauthorized work or school account: I am a single consumer user on Windows 10 Pro platform. I subscribe to Office 365 Personal, with a version on my laptop and Android. In Windows settings, System, Shared Experiences it states I have given access to a "Work or school account." I have no work or school account....