Windows 10: how do I remove an unrecognized device from my account

Discus and support how do I remove an unrecognized device from my account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I tried everything I can think of, I see no option to remove .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by phil4231, May 5, 2021.

1. phil4231 Win User

how do I remove an unrecognized device from my account

I tried everything I can think of, I see no option to remove .

:)

phil4231, May 5, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 5, 2021
  3. Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 5, 2021
  4. Tely136 Win User

Unrecognized USB device (device descriptor request failed)

Are you still around?

Sorry if none of that helped. I have tried pretty much everything else that has been suggested by others such as:

Uninstalling the unrecognized device and restarting

Uninstalling the USB drivers and restarting.

Trying every USB port on my computer.

Updating the drivers for every device

listed under universal serial his controllers in the device manager.

Please reply, I know there's got to be a way to fix this.

Tely136, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. how do I remove an unrecognized device from my account - Similar Threads - remove unrecognized device

2. how do I remove all even dormant devices from my windows account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I remove all even dormant devices from my windows account: Hi,When I do a completely clean install of windows 11 from my bootable flash drive I go to set up as new PC and I always get a long list of all the other computer's/builds that I have used windows 11 on. Is there any way I can delete these devices or stop them from showing...
  3. how do I remove an old microsoft account from my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I remove an old microsoft account from my device: I have multiple microsoft accounts interacting wiht each other and preventing my ability to log in. The old accounts I no tlonger have are conflictinglog in. I am locked out and cannot reset my password...
  4. how do I remove an old microsoft account from my device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I remove an old microsoft account from my device: I have multiple microsoft accounts interacting wiht each other and preventing my ability to log in. The old accounts I no tlonger have are conflictinglog in. I am locked out and cannot reset my password...
  5. how do i remove my account from a laptop ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i remove my account from a laptop ?: PLS HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-my-account-from-a-laptop/a272a2a8-bd32-4b23-b473-1f80a25b0118
  6. how do i remove my account from a laptop ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i remove my account from a laptop ?: PLS HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-my-account-from-a-laptop/a272a2a8-bd32-4b23-b473-1f80a25b0118
  7. How do I remove my account from my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove my account from my laptop: My laptop was stolen, and now I want to remove my account from the laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-my-account-from-my-laptop/f9832438-2a4c-4f25-8449-d00a96255bf0
  8. How do I remove a device from my Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I remove a device from my Microsoft Account?: My Microsoft Account page/Devices has a PC device which has been out of service for almost a year. How do I remove this device from my account? There are no topics in the menu for Microsoft account, so I don't know if this will go to the correct community, or which one to...
  9. How do I to remove device from my microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I to remove device from my microsoft account?: How do I to remove device from my microsoft account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-to-remove-device-from-my-microsoft/e7f2b810-9719-4f2d-b19b-90e5a8745ac6
  10. How do I remove an unfamiliar device from my Windows 10 account?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I remove an unfamiliar device from my Windows 10 account?: I use a laptop computer only, but a Desktop computer is listed as one of my Windows 10 devices. How do I remove it? Microsoft alerted me that someone else may have been using my account and I had to change my password. So I want to make sure that only authorized devices/users...