Windows 10: How do I remove authenticated user?

Discus and support How do I remove authenticated user? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I delete authenticated user on Windows 10 computer?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LisetteLumsden, Sep 8, 2018.

1. How do I remove authenticated user?

How do I delete authenticated user on Windows 10 computer?

:)

LisetteLumsden, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    How do I remove authenticated user? 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Sep 8, 2018
  4. DTG1 Win User

How do I remove authenticated user?

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

How do I remove authenticated user?

1. How do I remove authenticated user? - Similar Threads - remove authenticated user

2. how do i remove all users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i remove all users: users are not aloud i did not add any https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-all-users/42f08867-3d58-4823-8d40-59cfe6c2bbbb
  3. how do i remove all users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i remove all users: users are not aloud i did not add any https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-all-users/42f08867-3d58-4823-8d40-59cfe6c2bbbb
  4. how do i remove all users

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How do I remove "administrator" user?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove "administrator" user?: If you take a close look on sign in options I have that Administrator Profile, which is supper annoying and i can remove him. I ran some bat file and it created that profile. How do i get rid of it??...
  6. How do I remove "administrator" user?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove "administrator" user?: If you take a close look on sign in options I have that Administrator Profile, which is supper annoying and i can remove him. I ran some bat file and it created that profile. How do i get rid of it??...
  7. Is it safe to remove Authenticated Users?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it safe to remove Authenticated Users?: Greetings. Is it safe to delete authenticated users from system partition, and all other partitions? Always when I reinstall windows 10 on every partition will appear authenticated users, on system C: there are two of them. Normally when reinstalling i do clean install...
  8. Is it safe to remove Authenticated Users?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it safe to remove Authenticated Users?: Greetings. Is it safe to delete authenticated users from system partition, and all other partitions? Always when I reinstall windows 10 on every partition will appear authenticated users, on system C: there are two of them. Normally when reinstalling i do clean install...
  9. How can I remove the Edited security settings for Authenticated Users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can I remove the Edited security settings for Authenticated Users: I have edited security settings for Authenticated Users in Windows 10 and Denied all the permissions accidently. Is there any way to change the permission?? 47839
  10. Remove the TrustedInstaller or Authenticated Users or System users fro

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove the TrustedInstaller or Authenticated Users or System users fro: Hi I have Windows 10 v1511 Enterprise 64 bit. From the Command Prompt, run as administrator, how should I do to remove any TrustedInstaller or Authenticated Users or System users from the ACLs of an entire directory structure also contains files and links (this must not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. authenticated users

2. Steps to Delete Authenticated users ?

3. what is windows authenticated user

4. Set-GPPermissions remove Authenticated Users prompting,
  5. rimuovere authenticated user,
  6. how to remove or replace everyone or authenticated user