Windows 10: How do I remove .BIN app association?

Discus and support How do I remove .BIN app association? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I accidentally associated a .bin file with Power2Go (non native file). I don't want to change it to another program, just to set no programs on it. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TheRealRedWolf, Sep 28, 2019.

1. How do I remove .BIN app association?

I accidentally associated a .bin file with Power2Go (non native file). I don't want to change it to another program, just to set no programs on it.

I tried to assocciate with an invalid file (creating a .txt file and renaming the file to 000.exe or .xyz, .xxx...); using the command assoc .BIN= on CMD (I opened as administrator. I tried and it said that it succesfully worked or something like, but it didn't worked). Any idea?

:)

TheRealRedWolf, Sep 28, 2019
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Removing File Association that opens file with specific app

How do I reset a file to its original file association (in this case "NO ASSOCIATION")?

• I mistakenly tried to open a ".pieceshash" file [ b4ec92e20ca80c0524198cc75cededf138401f97.pieceshash ] and
    • chose to open it with IE (with the check box set to always open with this app).
    Now I cannot remove the file association. Please Help. Thanks

GalenRhoades, Sep 28, 2019
  4. bro67 Win User

How do I remove .BIN app association?

Recycle bin association

Did you make any changes or install any security software? If no multiple drives, you should only have one drive under it. Since there is no program associated with the icon in File Explorer, run this. See if the Registry fix in this will solve the problem. http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/re...indows-10-fix/

There is also this fix:
    Your recycle bin corrupted with no reason? Cannot find effective methods to fix and restore recycle bin in Windows 10? In this article, you’ll find effective solutions to repair & fix corrupted Windows 10 recycle bin and restore all lost data with ease. Read and find solutions now.
    Recycle bin stops working, warning me with “Corrupted” error, help!

"Have you ever met such a dilemma that the recycle bin stops working in Windows 10 for no reason. And the system keeps warning me 'Corrupted' error when I tried to use the recycle bin and get my deleted data back.
    Now I cannot delete useless files directly and I even don’t know how to recover deleted files? So if you do know how to repair or fix corrupted Windows 10 recycle bin and get lost data back, please help me. Thank you very much
    ."
    According to some Windows users, recycle bin corrupt problem mainly happen among Windows 8/8.1/7 and Windows 10 users. Here now EaseUS makes it simple and easy for users to restore corrupted recycle bin and lost data in Windows 10 or recover deleted files Windows 8 now.
    Step 1: Fix & repair corrupted Windows 10 recycle bin

Here are some fixes that you can try to repair corrupted recycle bin in Windows 10/8.1/8/7:
    Method 1. Run CMD to fix corrupted Windows 10 recycle bin

1. 1. Go to Start > Click All Programs > Accessories;
    2. 2. Right-click Command Prompt > Select “run cmd as administrator”.
    3. 3. Type: rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin and hit Enter.
    4. 4. Reboot computer and then you can reuse the Recycle Bin again.
    If this doesn’t work, open cmd window again and type: sfc / scannow > Enter. System File Checker will check and fix the problem for you.
    Method 2. Delete all permissions, corrupted recycle bin and reinstall recycle bin in Windows
    1. Delete all permissions and corrupted recycle bin

• Go to Control Panel > Tab File Explorer > Click View;
    • Uncheck or unhide system protected operating files > Go to open each drive and you'll see the Recycle.bin folder and permissions with an additional recycle.bin;
    • Delete all the permissions, all the recycle.bin(s) on each drive and then Restart Windows.
    2. Reinstall recycle bin in Windows 10/8/7

• Right-click on Desktop > Select Personalize;
    • Click on Themes > Click Desktop Icon settings under Related Settings;
    • Check Recycle Bin > Click Apply.

bro67, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

How do I remove .BIN app association?

1. How do I remove .BIN app association? - Similar Threads - remove BIN app

2. How do i remove these app background in app list?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i remove these app background in app list?: i've just updated my windows and it did this, it added background to my apps in app list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-these-app-background-in-app-list/e7a1c6f6-7146-452c-a4c8-a846b6894165
  3. how do I remove the copilot app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I remove the copilot app?: How do I remove the copilot app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-the-copilot-app/cbfe577f-3743-4b5d-ad82-899e366ce5ee
  4. how do I remove the copilot app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I remove the copilot app?: How do I remove the copilot app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-the-copilot-app/cbfe577f-3743-4b5d-ad82-899e366ce5ee
  5. How do i remove default file associations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i remove default file associations: I accidentally changed what .jar files open with, so they only opened with notepad. Whenever I downloaded them they appeared as notepad files, making them unusable for me since I use them to mod games in my spare time :...
  6. How do I restore removed apps?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I restore removed apps?: How do I restore removed apps, after an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-removed-apps/cfb09564-d20f-4f76-9c12-3bb5d56d9fec
  7. How do I Remove stubborn files from the Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I Remove stubborn files from the Recycle Bin: I am running Windows 10 Home v1803. I cannot delete folders from the recycle bin. I felt fortunate to delete them from my backup drive, but now they are stuck in the recycle bin. When I try to delete a folder (and underlying files), I get an error: "You need permission to...
  8. How do I Remove stubborn files from the Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I Remove stubborn files from the Recycle Bin: I am running Windows 10 Home v1803. I cannot delete folders from the recycle bin. I felt fortunate to delete them from my backup drive, but now they are stuck in the recycle bin. When I try to delete a folder (and underlying files), I get an error: "You need permission to...
  9. how do I remove mail app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I remove mail app: Problems with mail app and need to remove and reinstall it. Remove-AppxPackage in windows power shell does not work I get the message removal failed, contact your software vendor. I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10...
  10. Recycle bin association

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle bin association: When I click the Recycle Bin icon on the Desk Top I get a window saying - "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed create an association in the Default Programs control...