Windows 10: How do I remove Cortana from task bar?

Discus and support How do I remove Cortana from task bar? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 Home tablet. I cannot find any option in settings to remove Cortana from taskbar. When I right click on it, I see no options. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hello_to_you_at_MS_forum, Jun 15, 2022.

1. How do I remove Cortana from task bar?

I have a Windows 10 Home tablet. I cannot find any option in settings to remove Cortana from taskbar. When I right click on it, I see no options. I don’t use it yet it’s easy to accidentally click on. I very much hate it being there. Please help. Thank you.

:)

hello_to_you_at_MS_forum, Jun 15, 2022
  2. lucille15 Win User

Cortana - Search and Task Bar

I have the same problems witch Task Bar, Cortana, Search Bar as other users, who wrote before me.

Is this going to be fixed by Microsoft, or we have to try all kind of suggestions from professionals?

I don't have access to any initial applications supplied with Windows 10. Task bar doesn't open.

Cortana is there only in a name. Cortana bar with Search don't respond. I badly need some of applications

originally present with Windows 10.

Tell me what to do in clear, simple instructions, please?

Thank You - Alexandra Mankiewicz - L:
    *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

lucille15, Jun 15, 2022
  3. Cortana and task bar

I have Cortana turned off in its settings because I do not use it. I've never set it up. However, whenever I move my arrow to the bottom of the screen, for example, if I want to scroll the the right or left, the task bar pops up and freezes in place so
    that I can no longer see what is on the bottom of the screen. I have the task bar setting so that the task bar is not supposed to freeze. I've discovered that it seems to be caused by Cortana. If I click on the Cortana button and then back on to my screen,
    the task bar will then go away. I tried hiding the Cortana button, but the task bar was still freezing and then I had to unhide Cortana so that I could click on it so that the task bar would go away and I could see the bottom of my screen. Moving the task
    bar to the side has not helped because it just freezes in place there and I can't see the side of my screen. I've tried shutting everything off related to Cortana in the settings, but nothing is helping. Short of completely removing Cortana via the registry
    I'm not sure what else to try. Can someone help because it is getting really annoying to have to click on Cortana and then back on the screen every time I want to unfreeze the task bar. Thanks.

fishstick90, Jun 15, 2022
  4. How do I remove Cortana from task bar?

Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jun 15, 2022
Thema:

How do I remove Cortana from task bar?

1. How do I remove Cortana from task bar? - Similar Threads - remove Cortana task

2. How do I remove Cortana from task bar?

in Cortana
    How do I remove Cortana from task bar?: I have a Windows 10 Home tablet. I cannot find any option in settings to remove Cortana from taskbar. When I right click on it, I see no options. I don’t use it yet it’s easy to accidentally click on. I very much hate it being there. Please help. Thank you....
  3. How do I remove Cortana from task bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove Cortana from task bar?: I have a Windows 10 Home tablet. I cannot find any option in settings to remove Cortana from taskbar. When I right click on it, I see no options. I don’t use it yet it’s easy to accidentally click on. I very much hate it being there. Please help. Thank you....
  4. How do I remove the news feed icon from the task bar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove the news feed icon from the task bar?: Got the "news feed" icon automatically installed recently after an upgrade. Don't want it and cannot find it in the task bar settings. How do I remove it?...
  5. Cortana and task bar

in Cortana
    Cortana and task bar: I have Cortana turned off in its settings because I do not use it. I've never set it up. However, whenever I move my arrow to the bottom of the screen, for example, if I want to scroll the the right or left, the task bar pops up and freezes in place so that I can no longer...
  6. How do I remove the search bar from the task bar windows 10 1903.

in Cortana
    How do I remove the search bar from the task bar windows 10 1903.: the option is not there anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-the-search-bar-from-the-task-bar/2f938629-7797-4a9a-93d0-1df8d288c557"
  7. how do i remove the address bar in the windows task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i remove the address bar in the windows task bar: The address box just showed up and I don't care to have it. It is the address box on the bottom right of the task bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-the-address-bar-in-the-windows/d816f1d0-e0d7-4d41-93ee-f35c837d39f8
  8. Windows 10 (1809) remove Cortana from Task Bar

in Cortana
    Windows 10 (1809) remove Cortana from Task Bar: My system recently updated to Windows 10 v1809 build 17763.195 and the hide Cortana from the taskbar seems to no longer be available. [ATTACH] Anyone know how to hide the Cortana button from the taskbar?...
  9. how do you remove searches from task bar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do you remove searches from task bar: how do you remove searches from task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-you-remove-searches-from-task-bar/01453ef3-8c3e-485c-9ea4-8a0c63041c33"
  10. How do I remove a companes phone number from the task bar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove a companes phone number from the task bar: How do I remove a companies phone number from the task bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_scanner-protect_scanning-windows_10/how-do-i-remove-a-companes-phone-number-from-the/ac32f987-f79d-4130-b506-e190981ba961