Windows 10: How do I remove dell free fall data protection wmi service?

Discus and support How do I remove dell free fall data protection wmi service? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do i delete it? Should I because it says the manufacturer is unknown?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ritter_the_1st, Aug 14, 2022.

1. How do I remove dell free fall data protection wmi service?

How do i delete it? Should I because it says the manufacturer is unknown?

:)

Ritter_the_1st, Aug 14, 2022
  2. JayShank Win User

Windows 10 Pro Application Log flooded with Event ID 10 WMI errors

Okay I seem to have figured out what was causing my issue.

I went into services and found the WMI service and clicked for a restart. (Not to restart)

Once I did that it popped up all the applications that were dependent on WMI service.

I took note of what applications were listed and cancelled the restart.

From the list I noticed a few that I wouldn't be able to stop or remove. I did however notice a couple programs from Dell that could be stopped/removed safely.

The two programs I was going to focus on first were:

Dell SupportAssistant

Dell SupportAssistant Agent

I started with Dell SupportAssistant Agent and removed it from add and remove programs. (Left the other one in place)

Once removed, I monitored the event viewer and the application log and found my WMI errors that were flooding my logs had stopped.

Issue resolved

JayShank, Aug 14, 2022
  3. WMI Provider Host - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you the WMI provider host use high CPU of the PC. Usually, WMI Host Provider doesn’t use much usage of the CPU. It will use the CPU when any software or script that asks for some information via WMI. High usage of the
    CPU is just the sign that another software is seeking for some information or requesting any data via WMI.

However, the high usage of the CPU for a long time for WMI is an indication that something is wrong because WMI Provider Host doesn’t occupy the resources of the CPU for a long time.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these methods and check if the issue is fixed.

Method 1: Restart the WMI Provider Host Service

1. Press Windows key + R to launch the
      Run command, then type Services.msc and press the
      Ok.
    2. Scroll down all the services and find
      Windows Management Instrumentation and then Right click on it and select
      Properties.
    3. Set the startup type to Automatic and then restart the service.

Method 2: Restart other WMI provider Host related Services

1. Click on Start Menu and type CMD, right click on
      CMD icon and select Run as administrator.
    2. In the Command Prompt Window type the following command and press
      Enter after each command.
    • net stop iphlpsvc
    • net stop wscsvc
    • net stop Winmgmt
    • net start Winmgmt
    • net start wscsvc
    • net start iphlpsvc
    3. Restart your computer and check if the WMI provider Host having high CPU usage

Method 3: Uninstall the Components and Drivers that causes the Problem

1. Press Windows + XKey and select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Click on the View Button that appears on the top of the Menu and then click on
      Show Analytic and Debug Logs.
    3. On the left pane, navigate to this path Applications and Service Logs > Microsoft > Windows > WMI Activity > Operational log. Now Mark or Note down the Item that listed as an
      Error
    4. Now press the Windows Logo Key +
      X
      simultaneously, then select Task Manager.
    5. Now, click on the Service tab and Find the processes with the Matching IDs as seen in
      Event Viewer in the column of PID when You Locate or Find these Process then
      Uninstall or Disable those service.
    6. Restart the PC and check

You may also refer this article and check if that helps to fix the issue:
    High CPU usage by WMIPRVSE.EXE process at regular intervals in Windows

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify
    the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take
    backup of registry.

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 14, 2022
  4. How do I remove dell free fall data protection wmi service?

developer mode making wmi provider host use high cpu

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you the WMI provider host use high CPU of the PC. Usually, WMI Host Provider doesn’t use much usage of the CPU. It will use the CPU when any software or script that asks for some information via WMI. High usage of the
    CPU is just the sign that another software is seeking for some information or requesting any data via WMI.

However, the high usage of the CPU for a long time for WMI is an indication that something is wrong because WMI Provider Host doesn’t occupy the resources of the CPU for a long time.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these methods and check if the issue is fixed.

Method 1: Restart the WMI Provider Host Service

1. Press Windows key + R to launch the
      Run command, then type Services.msc and press the
      Ok.
    2. Scroll down all the services and find
      Windows Management Instrumentation and then Right click on it and select
      Properties.
    3. Set the startup type to Automatic and then restart the service.

Method 2: Restart other WMI provider Host related Services

1. Click on Start Menu and type CMD, right click on
      CMD icon and select Run as administrator.
    2. In the Command Prompt Window type the following command and press
      Enter after each command.
    • net stop iphlpsvc
    • net stop wscsvc
    • net stop Winmgmt
    • net start Winmgmt
    • net start wscsvc
    • net start iphlpsvc
    3. Restart your computer and check if the WMI provider Host having high CPU usage

Method 3: Uninstall the Components and Drivers that causes the Problem

1. Press Windows + XKey and select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Click on the View Button that appears on the top of the Menu and then click on
      Show Analytic and Debug Logs.
    3. On the left pane, navigate to this path Applications and Service Logs > Microsoft > Windows > WMI Activity > Operational log. Now Mark or Note down the Item that listed as an
      Error
    4. Now press the Windows Logo Key +
      X
      simultaneously, then select Task Manager.
    5. Now, click on the Service tab and Find the processes with the Matching IDs as seen in
      Event Viewer in the column of PID when You Locate or Find these Process then
      Uninstall or Disable those service.
    6. Restart the PC and check

You may also refer this article and check if that helps to fix the issue:
    High CPU usage by WMIPRVSE.EXE process at regular intervals in Windows

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify
    the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take
    backup of registry.

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 14, 2022
Thema:

How do I remove dell free fall data protection wmi service?

1. How do I remove dell free fall data protection wmi service? - Similar Threads - remove dell free

2. how do i uninstall Endpoint Protection Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i uninstall Endpoint Protection Service: i am on a windows 10 pc, recently i noticed a new program in my task manager called endpoint protection service. i also noticed my bandwidth get cut after ie running second life and mixxx dj software, open a web page and have mixxx stream shut down. i have gigabit fiber optic...
  3. how do i uninstall Endpoint Protection Service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i uninstall Endpoint Protection Service: i am on a windows 10 pc, recently i noticed a new program in my task manager called endpoint protection service. i also noticed my bandwidth get cut after ie running second life and mixxx dj software, open a web page and have mixxx stream shut down. i have gigabit fiber optic...
  4. how do i uninstall Endpoint Protection Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How do i uninstall Dell free fall data protection WMI service and Credential Vault upgrade...

How do i uninstall Dell free fall data protection WMI service and Credential Vault upgrade...: How do i do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-uninstall-dell-free-fall-data-protection/5a99cec7-92eb-454c-adf3-4ee617d2a3af
  6. How do i uninstall Dell free fall data protection WMI service and Credential Vault upgrade...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do i uninstall Dell free fall data protection WMI service and Credential Vault upgrade...: How do i do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-uninstall-dell-free-fall-data-protection/5a99cec7-92eb-454c-adf3-4ee617d2a3af
  7. How do i uninstall Dell free fall data protection WMI service and Credential Vault upgrade...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. How do I remove dell free fall data protection wmi service?

How do I remove dell free fall data protection wmi service?: How do i delete it? Should I because it says the manufacturer is unknown? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-dell-free-fall-data-protection-wmi/928739c0-4f34-4168-a6a9-5ac13bf63440
  9. How do I remove dell free fall data protection wmi service?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove dell free fall data protection wmi service?: How do i delete it? Should I because it says the manufacturer is unknown? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-dell-free-fall-data-protection-wmi/928739c0-4f34-4168-a6a9-5ac13bf63440
  10. how do i remove an admin protected app?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i remove an admin protected app?: so i accidentally installed this ''anti malware'' app named segurazo antivirus and i cant remove it because it says that it is protected by an admin, i am the only user of my pc so i dont know why im not the admin of my pc nor do i know why i cant remove this app. im not sure...