Windows 10: How do I remove desktop ads by Microsoft?

Discus and support How do I remove desktop ads by Microsoft? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm getting ads on my desktop even when I don't have an internet browser open. I don't know what's causing them, but this is the second time I've had... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LayciaLakatos, Nov 17, 2018.

1. How do I remove desktop ads by Microsoft?

I'm getting ads on my desktop even when I don't have an internet browser open. I don't know what's causing them, but this is the second time I've had one pop up and it's making me think my computer has become infected with something posing as Microsoft. Granted, if these are actual ads from Microsoft, there's got to be a way to shut them off, right? Either way I want the ads gone ASAP.

Here's what the ad typically looks like on my desktop. Appears on the bottom right corner. The 'remove ad' button links to a site my computer warns me may be run by hackers n' such. As you can see by the image, I've already run RogueKiller but it didn't seem to have an effect on the ad.

How do I remove desktop ads by Microsoft? [​IMG]

:)

LayciaLakatos, Nov 17, 2018
  2. Bruce Hagen, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, Nov 17, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

How do I remove desktop ads by Microsoft?

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

How do I remove desktop ads by Microsoft?

1. How do I remove desktop ads by Microsoft? - Similar Threads - remove desktop ads

2. how do I remove Microsoft family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how do I remove Microsoft family: I just tried to login into Minecraft for Windows, when I tried to login it told me that I needed to access the family account. I suddenly just joined a family group with no one else in it. I don't understand why I'm in a family when I only have one account, I try to remove...
  3. How do I remove these from my Desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove these from my Desktop?: These are from when I Backed Up my One Drive and left these white ones sitting there on my Desk top. The second 2 are when I Set Up my Printer. They say SET UP. I also have the yellow one which is backup from my old lap top for this new PC. One of the white ones says Windows...
  4. How do I remove these from my Desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove these from my Desktop?: These are from when I Backed Up my One Drive and left these white ones sitting there on my Desk top. The second 2 are when I Set Up my Printer. They say SET UP. I also have the yellow one which is backup from my old lap top for this new PC. One of the white ones says Windows...
  5. How do I remove the Edge ads in the search menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove the Edge ads in the search menu?: Hi, Can anyone point me to the setting to remove these ads that appear in my search menu? I have turned off 'show suggestions occasionally in start' but it does not seem to do anything.Thanks...
  6. How do I remove the Edge ads in the search menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove the Edge ads in the search menu?: Hi, Can anyone point me to the setting to remove these ads that appear in my search menu? I have turned off 'show suggestions occasionally in start' but it does not seem to do anything.Thanks...
  7. How do I remove the Edge ads in the search menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Why do I have ads on my desktop in Microsoft solitaire when I paid to remove ads on my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why do I have ads on my desktop in Microsoft solitaire when I paid to remove ads on my...: Last week I paid to have the ads removed in Microsoft Solitaire on my mobile device. Today when I went to my desktop version the ads still show up. I'm using the same login to access solitaire on both my desktop and mobile device and the level I'm at changes on both my...
  9. how do I remove Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I remove Microsoft edge: I have tried for serval years to remove it from my laptop and desktop to no avail. I am finally making a post here in hopes that i can get some answers. the only ways I've seen include installing some program that goes into root privilege's to remove it because it has higher...
  10. How do I remove desktop shortcuts help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove desktop shortcuts help: HELP submitted by /u/sallaD_funi_man [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3gv93/how_do_i_remove_desktop_shortcuts_help/