Windows 10: How do I remove Desktop and Document folders from OneDrive?

Discus and support How do I remove Desktop and Document folders from OneDrive? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Kindly let me know how to remove Desktop and Documents folders from OneDrive. Please note that I use OneDrive - Personal in Windows 11. There are some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by VineethArackal, Mar 9, 2022.

1. How do I remove Desktop and Document folders from OneDrive?

Kindly let me know how to remove Desktop and Documents folders from OneDrive. Please note that I use OneDrive - Personal in Windows 11. There are some very big files in Desktop and Documents folders, and I don't want any of the files in those folders to be saved to OneDrive. Further, these two directories were originally not in OneDrive folder, and I want the original location to be restored. Please note that originally it was running Windows 10, and later got upgraded to Windows 11

:)

VineethArackal, Mar 9, 2022
  2. KeithM Win User

documents and desktop folders mixed up

• Doube-check OneDrive settings to make susre it isn't set to "backup" Desktop.
    • Copy & psate each of the following into the Explorer Address bar and see what folder opens:
      • shell:ThisPCDesktopFolder
      • shellHow do I remove Desktop and Document folders from OneDrive? :personal
      • shell:Local Documents
      • shell:::{450D8FBA-AD25-11D0-98A8-0800361B1103}

• The first one should open your Desktop folder
    • The next two should open This PC > Documents ( which should be displaying the content of ...\OneDrive\Documents )
    • The last one should also show the contents of ...\OneDrive\Documents, but with the full path in the Address bar.

KeithM, Mar 9, 2022
  3. Why I have TWO Documents folders?

ok so lemme start off my saying i recently wiped my system and installed windows 10
    and i noticed even more recently that i seem to have TWO documents folders...
    i have one that has nothing that it should in it and the other somehow is linked to Onedrive...
    the onedrive linked one has everything that the non onedrive should. (game saves, etc)
    my question is...why? is this normal cause i can't imagine it is...
    i don't think steam game save cloud will work with onedrive so i need to know, is this fixable WITHOUT another wipe? i have no idea how my onedrive got synced with my documents folder. i didn't set it up that way. any help is appreciated!
    thanks!

TheMatt1984, Mar 9, 2022
  4. How do I remove Desktop and Document folders from OneDrive?

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 9, 2022
Thema:

How do I remove Desktop and Document folders from OneDrive?

1. How do I remove Desktop and Document folders from OneDrive? - Similar Threads - remove Desktop Document

2. I can't remove my Desktop and Documents folder from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't remove my Desktop and Documents folder from OneDrive: When I attempt to take Desktop and Documents out of the OneDrive folder, they are not moved due to the fact that they are still in the process of syncing. I have tried everything. I've tried pausing syncing, selecting "Always keep folders on this device", everything that...
  3. I can't remove my Desktop and Documents folder from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't remove my Desktop and Documents folder from OneDrive: When I attempt to take Desktop and Documents out of the OneDrive folder, they are not moved due to the fact that they are still in the process of syncing. I have tried everything. I've tried pausing syncing, selecting "Always keep folders on this device", everything that...
  4. How do I remove a OneDrive shortcut from my Documents folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I remove a OneDrive shortcut from my Documents folder?: I was trying to move my Documents folder over to my second hard drive, but it ended up just creating a OneDrive shortcut instead. It's still inside my C hard drive. I did desync/stop backup. I'd add a photo but there's an error occuring, sorry....
  5. How do I remove a OneDrive shortcut from my Documents folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove a OneDrive shortcut from my Documents folder?: I was trying to move my Documents folder over to my second hard drive, but it ended up just creating a OneDrive shortcut instead. It's still inside my C hard drive. I did desync/stop backup. I'd add a photo but there's an error occuring, sorry....
  6. How do I remove a OneDrive shortcut from my Documents folder?

7. How to remove Documents folder from OneDrive when OneDrive is full?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove Documents folder from OneDrive when OneDrive is full?: I recently got a new laptop and when I was setting it up, I chose the option to backup Documents and a couple of other folders to OneDrive. I assumed that this would merely copy the files to the cloud, but apparently it actually replaces the local Documents folder entirely....
  8. How to remove Documents folder from OneDrive when OneDrive is full?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Documents folder from OneDrive when OneDrive is full?: I recently got a new laptop and when I was setting it up, I chose the option to backup Documents and a couple of other folders to OneDrive. I assumed that this would merely copy the files to the cloud, but apparently it actually replaces the local Documents folder entirely....
  9. How to remove Documents folder from OneDrive when OneDrive is full?

10. How do I remove Desktop and Document folders from OneDrive?

How do I remove Desktop and Document folders from OneDrive?: Kindly let me know how to remove Desktop and Documents folders from OneDrive. Please note that I use OneDrive - Personal in Windows 11. There are some very big files in Desktop and Documents folders, and I don't want any of the files in those folders to be saved to OneDrive....