Windows 10: How do I remove desktop shortcuts help

Discus and support How do I remove desktop shortcuts help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; HELP submitted by /u/sallaD_funi_man [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3gv93/how_do_i_remove_desktop_shortcuts_help/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sallaD_funi_man, Jan 23, 2021.

1. How do I remove desktop shortcuts help

/u/sallaD_funi_man, Jan 23, 2021

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Jan 23, 2021
  4. How do I remove desktop shortcuts help

How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

How do I remove desktop shortcuts help

1. How do I remove desktop shortcuts help - Similar Threads - remove desktop shortcuts

2. How do I add This PC shortcut to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add This PC shortcut to desktop: How do I add This PC shortcut to desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-this-pc-shortcut-to-desktop/e5432d2e-e541-40f0-a154-2a57fd49801a
  3. How do I remove shortcuts or links in the taskbar desktop in Win10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove shortcuts or links in the taskbar desktop in Win10?: Somehow the toolbar "Desktop" that you can display on the taskbar has become populated with shortcuts that I did not add, and that don't actually appear on my desktop - I've spent hours searching for where the "Desktop Toolbar" stores it's data and cannot find the real...
  4. How do I remove shortcuts or links in the taskbar desktop in Win10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove shortcuts or links in the taskbar desktop in Win10?: Somehow the toolbar "Desktop" that you can display on the taskbar has become populated with shortcuts that I did not add, and that don't actually appear on my desktop - I've spent hours searching for where the "Desktop Toolbar" stores it's data and cannot find the real...
  5. How do I remove shortcuts or links in the taskbar desktop in Win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Purple background on desktop shortcuts - how can I remove this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purple background on desktop shortcuts - how can I remove this?: I am getting a purple background on the WhatsApp and Spotify has a green one desktop shortcuts see image. I tried downloading an ico file but they come out really pixelated and don't look good. How can I remove this background please note purple is my window theme, which is...
  7. How do i delete a shortcut from desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i delete a shortcut from desktop?: I'm unable to delete a shortcut from Firefox and a website I was browsing. I've selected it and hit the "delete" key and right clicked to delete it. I tried moving it to Recycle Bin. I have started Windows in safe mode and tried to delete it and it still won't work. The...
  8. How do I remove a non-shortcut file from desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove a non-shortcut file from desktop?: I don't want to delete the file, just move it somewhere else that is not on the desktop. The file in question is not a shortcut, it is the actual file. Any help with this would be great....
  9. How do I remove desktop folder shortcut from desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I remove desktop folder shortcut from desktop?: Hi, I know the title might sound a bit confusing, but basically I accidently dragged out the desktop shortcut from the quick access bar to my desktop and it now created a folder saying Desktop (similar to say, going to the control panel>personalisation>change desktop icons...
  10. How do I remove the shortcut arrows

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I remove the shortcut arrows: Using Win 10 single language home version. How do I remove the little shortcut arrows from the desktop icons? Tried the regedit tutorial creating new shell with file 29, but it just created little black boxes where the shortcut arrows were so I had to remove it. 36304