Windows 10: How do I remove device from Microsoft Family Safety if it doesn't appear anywhere?

Discus and support How do I remove device from Microsoft Family Safety if it doesn't appear anywhere? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've been having a problem monitoring the programs my kids use while logged into a Windows 10 PC. It doesn't track whether they are using Minecraft,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by concerned_MS_user, Mar 4, 2023.

1. How do I remove device from Microsoft Family Safety if it doesn't appear anywhere?

I've been having a problem monitoring the programs my kids use while logged into a Windows 10 PC. It doesn't track whether they are using Minecraft, Roblox, or any other program. Around the time this stopped working, I noticed the following error in Microsoft Family Safety***** needs to sign in again on Windows DESKTOP-S###### to verify their account.After reading dozens of these posts, I gave up and did a system restore. My computer is now named Desktop-A#####. I can once again track the websites accessed on my childrens' accounts. However, I cannot track the games used, or prevent them fro

:)

concerned_MS_user, Mar 4, 2023

2. Family Safety unlinking device doesn' t work

When I was just browsing trough the internet, I accidentally connected my laptop to my microsoft account. (I use 2 laptops and this one isn' t supposed to be connected to my account)

I have tried to search up ways to undo this, with no succes. It still shows up in my Microsoft Family Safety devices-list. I don' t know how to fix this.

It would be grately appreciated if someone could show me a way to do this.

Thanks, Sophie

Sophie_IvD, Mar 4, 2023
  3. Microsoft family safety not working--at all.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconveniece caused to you. Let me help you.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Which web browser are you using?
    • Are the settings on the Family Safety options on your computer are the same with the one on
      http://familysafety.live.com?

I suggest you to login with your parental account and check if you are able to manage the family settings.

If the issue still persist, it might appears that the Child account is not configure correctly. I suggest you to remove the Family Safety and configure it again.

How do I remove Family Safety?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/family-safety-remove-uninstall-faq

Now, setup Family Safety.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/set-up-family-safety#set-up-family-safety=windows-8

After creating the child account, you can then go to the Family Safety website, login using the parent account and then manage your child's restrictions and monitoring options.

Refer the following Microsoft help article.

Filter apps and games with Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Support

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 4, 2023
  4. How do I remove device from Microsoft Family Safety if it doesn't appear anywhere?

Unable to remove devices from Microsoft Family Safety

I am attempting to set time limits in Microsoft family Safety but have been unable to remove old devices from its list. I have one active computer "Alienware" which replaced a prior computer "DESKTOP-KC2IK4G" which I no longer have. I had temporarily given my son Administrator privileges while attempting to move data from his old to new PC then reset that computer to sell it but did not remove those privileges before doing so. Since Family Safety thinks he still has these privileges it won't enforce the time limits. The DESKTOP-KC2IK4G is listed twice because I tried to go back in using that same computer, entering our accounts, giving him Administrator privileges then removing them hoping it would fix the issue. All it did was add another device to his Family Safety instead.

I have gone into my Microsoft account and deleted DESKTOP-KC2IK4G but it still shows up on my list in Family Safety. I have attempted to remove my son from Family Safety and then add him back but all 3 devices persist.

In my Microsoft account:

How do I remove device from Microsoft Family Safety if it doesn't appear anywhere? 8f60f852-ac06-4139-b9e8-a6eaf57a38cc?upload=true.png

In Family Safety:

How do I remove device from Microsoft Family Safety if it doesn't appear anywhere? 7b002c6e-5770-4987-91a2-27f9b8f2ea04?upload=true.png

Drewbugdad, Mar 4, 2023
Thema:

How do I remove device from Microsoft Family Safety if it doesn't appear anywhere?

1. How do I remove device from Microsoft Family Safety if it doesn't appear anywhere? - Similar Threads - remove device Microsoft

2. Family Safety - Child's device doesn't appear, not authorized to remove them from family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety - Child's device doesn't appear, not authorized to remove them from family group: I have been using Family Safety for some time but recently reinstalled Windows 11 on my son's PC. This PC was previously detected by Family Safety, time limits functioned correctly, etc., but after the Windows reinstall, the device no longer showed up and I could no longer...
  3. Family Safety - Child's device doesn't appear, not authorized to remove them from family group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety - Child's device doesn't appear, not authorized to remove them from family group: I have been using Family Safety for some time but recently reinstalled Windows 11 on my son's PC. This PC was previously detected by Family Safety, time limits functioned correctly, etc., but after the Windows reinstall, the device no longer showed up and I could no longer...
  4. How do I remove family safety from windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove family safety from windows 7: A "Windows Live Family Safety" login box keeps popping up. I enter my microsoft password & it says it can't access the internet even though I am on it & sending this question right now. How do I turn this safety feature off? All of my kids have grown and moved out of the...
  5. How do I remove family safety from my account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I remove family safety from my account?: May 24, 2023, my computer stated prompting me that I needed to be a parent to access accounts outside of Microsoft. I tried to set myself as a parent to make it go away. Somehow, my age was listed as ten years old and in New Zealand. I am an adult with no children in the US....
  6. How do I remove family safety from my account?

How do I remove family safety from my account?: May 24, 2023, my computer stated prompting me that I needed to be a parent to access accounts outside of Microsoft. I tried to set myself as a parent to make it go away. Somehow, my age was listed as ten years old and in New Zealand. I am an adult with no children in the US....
  7. How do I remove device from Microsoft Family Safety if it doesn't appear anywhere?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove device from Microsoft Family Safety if it doesn't appear anywhere?: I've been having a problem monitoring the programs my kids use while logged into a Windows 10 PC. It doesn't track whether they are using Minecraft, Roblox, or any other program. Around the time this stopped working, I noticed the following error in Microsoft Family...
  8. How do I remove device from Microsoft Family Safety if it doesn't appear anywhere?

How do I remove device from Microsoft Family Safety if it doesn't appear anywhere?: I've been having a problem monitoring the programs my kids use while logged into a Windows 10 PC. It doesn't track whether they are using Minecraft, Roblox, or any other program. Around the time this stopped working, I noticed the following error in Microsoft Family...
  9. Unable to remove devices from Microsoft Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove devices from Microsoft Family Safety: I am attempting to set time limits in Microsoft family Safety but have been unable to remove old devices from its list. I have one active computer "Alienware" which replaced a prior computer "DESKTOP-KC2IK4G" which I no longer have. I had temporarily given my son...
  10. Unable to remove devices from Microsoft Family Safety

Unable to remove devices from Microsoft Family Safety: I am attempting to set time limits in Microsoft family Safety but have been unable to remove old devices from its list. I have one active computer "Alienware" which replaced a prior computer "DESKTOP-KC2IK4G" which I no longer have. I had temporarily given my son...