Windows 10: How do I remove en.softonic.com

Discus and support How do I remove en.softonic.com in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all, When ever I turn on the computer I get an advertisement in the notification area next to the clock. When I click on it I see it is from... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Wainui, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Wainui Win User

How do I remove en.softonic.com

Hi all,
    When ever I turn on the computer I get an advertisement in the notification area next to the clock.
    When I click on it I see it is from en.softonic.com
    I tried to remove it using Malwarebytes Adware who claim it is a PUP. But when I shut the computer down and turn it back on again it comes back as another advertisement.
    Question : Is it a PUP if so how do I remove it ?

Thank you.

:)

Wainui, Oct 12, 2018
  2. hput3 Win User

How to remove en.softonic malware that appears on desktop periodically

A kind of malware has somehow gotten onto my win 10 PC. What I get is a small advertisment that pops up in the bottom right on my desktop... When I turn it off (clicking the corner X). It comes back again some time later but with different content.

I haven't timed it but seems lake maybe a 1/2 hr.

I've googled extensively but all the instructions I've found, tell you to use the windows uninstaller to uninstall softonic. And maybe some manual clean up after the uninstall. But there is nothing installed with `softonic' in its name and even when the ad is running there is no process running with softonic in its name.

All the google hits appear to assume the windows uninstaller will know about softonic. Even the manual parts of some of the hits appear to assume you have been successful in unintalling it.

The instructions also suggest several free malware removal products and claim any of them will remove it.
    `Zema Anti-malware', `MalwareBytes' and `AdwCleaner'

I tried all those listed in one of the instruction sets, ran the scan but none of them found whatever is running the little softonic pop up ad.

This type of malware apparently falls into a category called a `PUP'.

I never found in the google hits what expected would be there somewhere. A list of steps to remove something like this by hand.

Can anyone here advise me?

hput3, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 12, 2018
  4. MadPaxx Win User

why are these windows dispersing in windows 10

Yes you are right
    its this softonic and man do i dislike them *Busted

Softpedia is on my favorite List *Wink

MadPaxx, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I remove en.softonic.com - Similar Threads - remove softonic com

2. how do i unsubscribe from driverssupportbill,com

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i unsubscribe from driverssupportbill,com: i no longer want to pay bill to driversupportbill.com. money has been taken from mu accoint on the last two months https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unsubscribe-from-driverssupportbillcom/f0c4138c-6c38-4368-a250-0dd7c49dcc14
  3. how do i unsubscribe from driverssupportbill,com

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i unsubscribe from driverssupportbill,com: i no longer want to pay bill to driversupportbill.com. money has been taken from mu accoint on the last two months https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unsubscribe-from-driverssupportbillcom/f0c4138c-6c38-4368-a250-0dd7c49dcc14
  4. how do i unsubscribe from driverssupportbill,com

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to get rid of Softonic pop ups

in Browsers and Email
    How to get rid of Softonic pop ups: I have Win 10 and have spent much time searching how to get rid of Softonic popups. I don't think there's any way to do it. Best I can tell, Softonics comes from Microsoft and is loaded into Microsoft Edge. And from there it invades all browsers. Even though I don't use Edge,...
  6. How to get rid of Softonic pop ups

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of Softonic pop ups: I have Win 10 and have spent much time searching how to get rid of Softonic popups. I don't think there's any way to do it. Best I can tell, Softonics comes from Microsoft and is loaded into Microsoft Edge. And from there it invades all browsers. Even though I don't use Edge,...
  7. How do I remove this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Beanbag_182 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gln07s/how_do_i_remove_this/
  8. how do i activate the com+ applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i activate the com+ applications: I am trying to use my western digital backup and running into some errors. Below is what western digital Yes i can see that the backup application is not being run on the windows here , as the drive is completely fine , this is just due to some services on windows which...
  9. How do i remove this?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do i remove this?: As you can see it tells me to make a PIN for login and it's not going away. how do I remove it without making a PIN? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-this/4531820f-62af-4155-ade3-d848cb6e4e13
  10. how to remove softonic

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to remove softonic: how can I remove softonic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-softonic/def4cdca-4334-43fc-b195-a0d25be692bc

Users found this page by searching for:

1. en.softonic uninstall

2. uninstall softonic

3. uninstall softonic windows 10

4. how to remove softonic popups,
  5. softonic uninstall,
  6. en softonic removal windows 10,
  7. delete softonic,
  8. en.softonic.com remove,
  9. en softonic remove,
  10. uninstall en.softonic in control panel,
  11. how to remove softonic,