Windows 10: How do I remove files with similar names from a folder?

Discus and support How do I remove files with similar names from a folder? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a folder with 1000+ files containing images. They have similar names like: imgred_4752 imgred_4785 imgred_4473 imgyellow_571 imgyellow_582... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dyanaby, Sep 7, 2020.

1. dyanaby Win User

How do I remove files with similar names from a folder?

Hi,

I have a folder with 1000+ files containing images. They have similar names like:

imgred_4752
    imgred_4785
    imgred_4473
    imgyellow_571
    imgyellow_582
    imgyellow_565

I would need one file per type, so, for example, it should be:

imgred_4752
    imgyellow_582

Can I do it with a software that automate the process?

Thank you!

:)

dyanaby, Sep 7, 2020
  2. White Win User

List file names than a folder.

Is there a bat file to generate the list of file names that I have inside a folder?
    If possible you can help me to do it or give me suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Please.

White, Sep 7, 2020
  3. List file names than a folder.

Hello @White,

I have just put this together for YOU => List_Folder_Files.bat.

You need to put it in whatever directory you want to produce the list of files.

I hope this helps!

Paul Black, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I remove files with similar names from a folder? - Similar Threads - remove files similar

2. How do I change the folder with the name of the user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the folder with the name of the user: Hiya my computer was set up by my ex and it has there name on it and it’s really upsetting seeing it whenever something is downloaded , is there any way I can change it to my name. Thanks submitted by /u/hayley_owo [link] [comments]...
  3. Copy files with similar names to folders with similar names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy files with similar names to folders with similar names: Hello, I am using windows and have the following situation: I have multiple PDF files which naming system is as following: 0. AAL00-SPI-FOR-535-1801 0. AAL00-SPI-FOR-535-1802 0. AAL00-SPI-FOR-535-1807 I also have folders that are named as following:...
  4. File Explorer similar file names no longer appear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer similar file names no longer appear: Ever since the most recent update, similar file names no longer appear when im naming a new file. For example, if I am naming an image file "new", it doesn't show me file names with "new" in the title: [ATTACH] I tried this on another windows 10 computer with the most...
  5. How do i remove this bluetooth folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i remove this bluetooth folder?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DontDare6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fcan0a/how_do_i_remove_this_bluetooth_folder/
  6. how do I remove a file from Notepad?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I remove a file from Notepad?: how do I move a file from Notepad and put it on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-a-file-from-notepad/1cdad684-e99a-4315-84bb-b5497fc0d35a
  7. HOW DO I REMOVE WORD DOCS FROM FILES

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HOW DO I REMOVE WORD DOCS FROM FILES: HOW DO I REMOVE WORD DOCS FROM FILES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-do-i-remove-word-docs-from-files/02f3ad00-2e18-4ff8-a0cf-30babb89003c
  8. How Do I select multiple files in a folder from a list of file names

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I select multiple files in a folder from a list of file names: HI, I have a folder containing 9,987 .jpg's of which I need to copy about 500 of to a different folder. I have the file names in a .txt file on separate lines as well as in a .csv worksheet. I don't want to find them individually to select/copy them. Also, I'm only a little...
  9. How to remove folders from File History

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to remove folders from File History: Running out of space on my external drive where I keep File History. So I want to delete a very large folder (Pictures) from History since I have it backed up another way. I removed the folder from File History Backup Options (Settings>Update & Security>Backup>More...
  10. How do I use the command prompt to delete files with similar names?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I use the command prompt to delete files with similar names?: How do I use the command prompt to delete files with similar names? 78835