Windows 10: How do I remove files with similar names from a folder?

Discus and support How do I remove files with similar names from a folder? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a folder with 1000+ files containing images. They have similar names like: imgred_4752 imgred_4785 imgred_4473 imgyellow_571 imgyellow_582... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dyanaby, Sep 7, 2020.

1. dyanaby Win User

How do I remove files with similar names from a folder?

Hi,

I have a folder with 1000+ files containing images. They have similar names like:

imgred_4752
    imgred_4785
    imgred_4473
    imgyellow_571
    imgyellow_582
    imgyellow_565

I would need one file per type, so, for example, it should be:

imgred_4752
    imgyellow_582

Can I do it with a software that automate the process?

Thank you!

:)

dyanaby, Sep 7, 2020
  2. White Win User

List file names than a folder.

Is there a bat file to generate the list of file names that I have inside a folder?
    If possible you can help me to do it or give me suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Please.

White, Sep 7, 2020
  3. List file names than a folder.

Hello @White,

I have just put this together for YOU => List_Folder_Files.bat.

You need to put it in whatever directory you want to produce the list of files.

I hope this helps!

Paul Black, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I remove files with similar names from a folder? - Similar Threads - remove files similar

2. How do I keep Windows Search from searching the folder name of files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I keep Windows Search from searching the folder name of files?: I'm have a problem with Windows Search. It's hard to explain which makes it impossible to search the internet forIt doesn't seem to happen with every folder. But, if I have a folder called "Windows" and I put into a file called "windows" or a document that contains the word...
  3. How to remove Pictures folder from Name Space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Pictures folder from Name Space?: I've renamed the "registry folders" ? for pictures: {24ad3ad4-a569-4530-98e1-ab02f9417aa8}-bak {3ADD1653-EB32-4cb0-BBD7-DFA0ABB5ACCA}-bakin these locations of the Registry...
  4. How to remove Pictures folder from Name Space?

How to remove Pictures folder from Name Space?: I've renamed the "registry folders" ? for pictures: {24ad3ad4-a569-4530-98e1-ab02f9417aa8}-bak {3ADD1653-EB32-4cb0-BBD7-DFA0ABB5ACCA}-bakin these locations of the Registry...
  5. How to remove Pictures folder from Name Space?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. File vs Folder names similar, but different

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File vs Folder names similar, but different: I'm trying to merge some files of mine that have a specific label to a folder with one of the words name in the folder name. The program refuses to let me do so, but it is what I want. How do I move the files into that specific folder? I've tried modifying the file name, but...
  7. File vs Folder names similar, but different

File vs Folder names similar, but different: I'm trying to merge some files of mine that have a specific label to a folder with one of the words name in the folder name. The program refuses to let me do so, but it is what I want. How do I move the files into that specific folder? I've tried modifying the file name, but...
  8. Copy files with similar names to folders with similar names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy files with similar names to folders with similar names: Hello, I am using windows and have the following situation: I have multiple PDF files which naming system is as following: 0. AAL00-SPI-FOR-535-1801 0. AAL00-SPI-FOR-535-1802 0. AAL00-SPI-FOR-535-1807 I also have folders that are named as following:...
  9. How Do I select multiple files in a folder from a list of file names

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I select multiple files in a folder from a list of file names: HI, I have a folder containing 9,987 .jpg's of which I need to copy about 500 of to a different folder. I have the file names in a .txt file on separate lines as well as in a .csv worksheet. I don't want to find them individually to select/copy them. Also, I'm only a little...
  10. How do I use the command prompt to delete files with similar names?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I use the command prompt to delete files with similar names?: How do I use the command prompt to delete files with similar names? 78835